Status Clarification on Crush 40?

TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I know that Crush 40 was planning to release a 4(3?) pack over the Rock Band Network, but somewhere along the line ran into a snare, with some third party preventing it. I've been searching everywhere, but I can't find news any more recent than December. I don't see why Sega would be a problem here, as if they released sonic songs that would be great advertisement. From the information I found, the songs were to be revealed by the end of the week, and then they ran into some slight issues. Then there's a whole void of information from then to now.
Anyone care to clarify on the matter?

Comments

• Flame95Flame95 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Ozone was in charge of it, but has had issues somewhere along the line which he has told me he'd like to keep private.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Flame95;3728626 said:
    Ozone was in charge of it, but has had issues somewhere along the line which he has told me he'd like to keep private.
    I respect the privacy and if my next question breaks it just say that you cannot say anything and I'll accept that.
    So is the project scrapped, or do I still have a sliver of hope?
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Here is what I can publicly say:

Jun Senoue said yes, they gave me a list of songs, and we were ready to roll.

A licensing issue came up, and all progress is frozen until further notice.

An article recently emerged asking Jun about the RBN, where he expressed interest. I have not received contact from him since.

If I am involved in any way in future news regarding this, I will post it in my dedicated Ozone Entertainment thread. If I am not involved, do not take any information as legitimate until songs appear in playtesting or a statement is made directly by Crush 40 or SEGA.

Sorry for any problems this may have caused.
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3728631 said:
    Here is what I can publicly say:

Jun Senoue said yes, they gave me a list of songs, and we were ready to roll.

A licensing issue came up, and all progress is frozen until further notice.

An article recently emerged asking Jun about the RBN, where he expressed interest. I have not received contact from him since.

If I am involved in any way in future news regarding this, I will post it in my dedicated Ozone Entertainment thread. If I am not involved, do not take any information as legitimate until songs appear in playtesting or a statement is made directly by Crush 40 or SEGA.

Sorry for any problems this may have caused.
    Thank you for your quick and straightforward reply, and I hope that all problems are resolved.
    edited June 2010
    One more question on the subject. If SEGA is involved in this, would it be possible to release a song that was not liscenced for one of their games, say something like their cover of "Fire Woman"?
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Well, we're not allowed to do covers in RBN, unless they're in the public domain. So that'd be a big no. Don't give up hope, though. With enough coaxing, SEGA/Wavemaster might just go for it and allow a few songs in RBN.

EDIT: Also, Wavemaster / SEGA still has the rights to publishing those Crush40 CD's, so I don't think it'd be possible to get their non-Sonic songs. I wonder if JxJ would count though? They could make an instrumental of that Emerald Coast remix XP
    edited June 2010
    NSIYusuke;3730918 said:
    Well, we're not allowed to do covers in RBN, unless they're in the public domain. So that'd be a big no. Don't give up hope, though. With enough coaxing, SEGA/Wavemaster might just go for it and allow a few songs in RBN.

EDIT: Also, Wavemaster / SEGA still has the rights to publishing those Crush40 CD's, so I don't think it'd be possible to get their non-Sonic songs. I wonder if JxJ would count though? They could make an instrumental of that Emerald Coast remix XP
    Sorry, I forgot about the cover situation, and was unaware that Wavemaster and SEGA had the rights to their CD's.
    I hope they do let a few in though, I can't see any negatives for them if they do it. And as Ozone pointed out earlier, Jun still wants a go at it, so there is hope and I'll just wait and see.
    edited June 2010
    You know, I have a feeling SEGA may be a bit more willing now. Crush 40 on Rock Band would be great publicity for the PSN/XBLA re-release of Sonic Adventure....
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    TubaDude49;3775153 said:
    You know, I have a feeling SEGA may be a bit more willing now. Crush 40 on Rock Band would be great publicity for the PSN/XBLA re-release of Sonic Adventure....
    I agree. Authors need to check back on them to see if they can get their songs now.
    edited June 2010
    itzJV;3775340 said:
    I agree. Authors need to check back on them to see if they can get their songs now.
    Ozone, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like from your previous comments that you haven't tried to contact them again, but you're waiting for them to contact you. Don't you think given the circumstances mentioned; Sunoe's willingness and the re-release of Sonic Adventure, that you might be able to do it if you asked?
    Not to be rude, but it seems you are avoiding the situation unless it comes directly to you.
    edited June 2010
    TubaDude49;3775471 said:
    Ozone, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like from your previous comments that you haven't tried to contact them again, but you're waiting for them to contact you. Don't you think given the circumstances mentioned; Sunoe's willingness and the re-release of Sonic Adventure, that you might be able to do it if you asked?
    Not to be rude, but it seems you are avoiding the situation unless it comes directly to you.
    Allow me to correct you. I have tried to contact him many times (even recently) and am not receiving any responses at al anymorel. It could mean either a) they're not ready, b) they have something up their sleeves and are kicking me to the side, or c) I'm annoying him at this point, just as he's annoying me.

I welcome other people to go to his site and attempt to either get him to talk with me (my address is [email]admin@theozoneradio.com[/email]) through Jun's site, or ask if you can author the tracks for him instead. I'm totally still up for doing it though.
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    All the questions about this and Revengers must be really wearing your patience. I feel your pain, dude. D: You've gotta be one of the most controversial authors ever. But you know we love you for it. *Patpat* Hope that Blue and your other work goes through without any of these hitches...
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3775900 said:
    Allow me to correct you. I have tried to contact him many times (even recently) and am not receiving any responses at al anymorel. It could mean either a) they're not ready, b) they have something up their sleeves and are kicking me to the side, or c) I'm annoying him at this point, just as he's annoying me.

I welcome other people to go to his site and attempt to either get him to talk with me (my address is [email]admin@theozoneradio.com[/email]) through Jun's site, or ask if you can author the tracks for him instead. I'm totally still up for doing it though.
    Thank you, I am sorry for the pain this situation has caused you. Best of luck to your future projects.
    edited June 2010
    Sorry Ozone, one more question, How do I contact him? The only contact info is the site admisintrator.
    edited June 2010
    Thanks guys, and sorry if I sounded a little bitter. I love working on RBN and getting awesome stuff up there for you guys, and I'm constantly working towards getting even more. So trust me, I know you guys have good intentions and I am listening and doing the best I can. ;)

And regarding contact info, I'd use the site admin. He originally forwarded my stuff to Jun. Since his personal stuff is not out in the public, I'd much rather not post it.
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3776723 said:
    Thanks guys, and sorry if I sounded a little bitter. I love working on RBN and getting awesome stuff up there for you guys, and I'm constantly working towards getting even more. So trust me, I know you guys have good intentions and I am listening and doing the best I can. ;)

And regarding contact info, I'd use the site admin. He originally forwarded my stuff to Jun. Since his personal stuff is not out in the public, I'd much rather not post it.
    Thanks for all your help, and good luck to "Blue" and whatever else you have up your sleeve.
    For one of the best authors on RBN, you are really unlucky