Clutch - "The Mob Goes Wild"
Demon Hunter - "Collapsing"
In This Moment - "Mechanical Love"
of Montreal - "Heimdalsgate Like A Promethean Curse"
The Main Drag - "Don't Let Me Down (Slowly)"

Comments

• DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited June 2010
    Probably nothing, but who knows. I'll have to listen to all of them first...
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Deftones, Clutch, Green Day.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    CLUTCH!

Completely salvaged this upcoming week.
  • GDVPlayerGDVPlayer Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Hell yeah, some Demon Hunter and In This Moment for me, two awesome songs.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Will have to take a listen to these (regular DLC and RBN, I haven't heard of any of these songs this week).... I'm just waiting for the preview function on PS3 for the RBN songs
  • sickwilliesickwillie Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Clutch and Green Day FTW. Although I really would've preferred both Clutch songs. Ah well, beggars can't be choosers.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    sickwillie;3735909 said:
    Clutch and Green Day FTW. Although I really would've preferred both Clutch songs. Ah well, beggars can't be choosers.
    I look at it as, at least one Clutch song indicates that someone realizes they're popular enough to port over to PS3. So it's a good sign that the second one will come eventually.

Didn't we just get the 2nd of two Steve Vai songs? Also another good sign we won't have to wait forever to complete the set.

Now using that logic, if we could just get one of the Midnight Riders songs, I'll feel really encouraged.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited June 2010
    Most likely Clutch and The Main Drag, couldn't be happier to see Clutch hit PS3. :)
  • j1mmypj1mmyp Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Demon Hunter and possibly In This Moment
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I have "Forever" from In This Moment so I may check out their song. But really Paralyzer is the only song I'm really excited for to get ported to the PS3.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited June 2010
    MrMet2087;3736024 said:
    I have "Forever" from In This Moment so I may check out their song.
    I recommend it. I decided to get Mechanical Love (back when it came out on 360) based on how much I like Forever. Great song. :)
  • OmegaVitaminCOmegaVitaminC Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    :mad:
    There has not been a single fun good song yet!
    All I want is one FUN and challenging song, I dont care what it sounds like!
    youve given us nothing but the easiest and most boring rbn songs!
    its like youre trying to avoid adding any decent songs!
    i have a very long list of songs I want from the rbn, and not a single one has been added!
    Im tired of waiting eagerly for Friday every week, only to get more crap :mad:
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Collapsing is great, highly recommend it to PS3 players. Mechanical Love isn't bad either. :)
  • CommonCriminalCommonCriminal The Stork Whisperer
    edited June 2010
    of Montreal!!!!!!!! and The Main Drag.
  • Indie_GuyIndie_Guy Banned
    edited June 2010
    of Montreal.
    This is all I need anymore.
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Best RBN week yet for PS3. Definitely picking up Clutch and Demon Hunters, and leaning toward In This Moment as well.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;3736205 said:
    :mad:
    There has not been a single fun good song yet!
    All I want is one FUN and challenging song, I dont care what it sounds like!
    youve given us nothing but the easiest and most boring rbn songs!
    its like youre trying to avoid adding any decent songs!
    i have a very long list of songs I want from the rbn, and not a single one has been added!
    Im tired of waiting eagerly for Friday every week, only to get more crap :mad:
    You guys have gotten plenty of fun songs, and you don't even have 1/6 of the songs the 360 does.
  • RincewiendRincewiend Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    DragoonXD;3736732 said:
    You guys have gotten plenty of fun songs, and you don't even have 1/6 of the songs the 360 does.
    I have 21 of the 45? RBN song...
    But some people have a very limited taste in music apparently...
    edited June 2010
    Rincewiend;3736747 said:
    I have 21 of the 45? RBN song...
    But some people have a very limited taste in music apparently...
    rather than use rockband as a makeshift iPod, i play songs that are FUN.
    guitar gets great songs all the time. 2 steve vai songs but what about the drums? of the 3 steve vai songs, they left out the fun drum one, and only added the guitar ones.
    there are over 20 good songs on here that i had never heard of before rbn, and many more that i already new.

songs i want (from most to least) include:
    The Attitude Song, Africa, Makeup/breakup (original version), Flight of the Wounded Bumblebee, Doomsday Party, Footloose and Fancy Free, It's Not Paranoia If They're Shooting Live Bullets, Trippolette, How We'd Look on Paper, Redemption, Hook Line and Sinner, Battles and Brotherhood, and Crushed Beyond Dust.

see?

But some people have very limited abilities to think logically apparently, and make wrong assumptions about the people they disagree with.
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    probably just the of Montreal song. generally, however, RBN offerings for PS3 have been beating the crap out of the recent DLC, even if it is just limited to 5 songs.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    "Collapsing", "Burn It Down", "Stick Stickly", "He Sleeps In a Grove", "We Are Not Anonymous", "A Little Faster", "Mechanical Love", and others are quite fun on drums. If you don't like the songs that's cool, but there are a number of fun drum songs out on the PS3.
    edited June 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;3736824 said:
    rather than use rockband as a makeshift iPod, i play songs that are FUN.
    guitar gets great songs all the time. 2 steve vai songs but what about the drums? of the 3 steve vai songs, they left out the fun drum one, and only added the guitar ones.
    there are over 20 good songs on here that i had never heard of before rbn, and many more that i already new.

songs i want (from most to least) include:
    The Attitude Song, Africa, Makeup/breakup (original version), Flight of the Wounded Bumblebee, Doomsday Party, Footloose and Fancy Free, It's Not Paranoia If They're Shooting Live Bullets, Trippolette, How We'd Look on Paper, Redemption, Hook Line and Sinner, Battles and Brotherhood, and Crushed Beyond Dust.

see?

But some people have very limited abilities to think logically apparently, and make wrong assumptions about the people they disagree with.
    That's just your opinion really, I am a drummer, and I have found a lot of fun stuff to play in RBN since PS3 got it, you saying what's there now is stupid, is well, stupid. Mordecai is fun and challenging, you not liking the song? Well, too bad I guess, The RBN ATR songs are great fun on all instruments, Steve Vai, yeah I'll admit is "meh", which is why I haven't bought it, and I could go on talking about what I think is fun in RBN PS3 so far, but why bother, you'll just give the same excuse, the tracks coming next week from Demon Hunter and In This Moment are awesome, and looks extrememly fun to play, also if you haven't checked out the Children of Nova track, you're missing out, you're coming off as extremely ignorant and failed to see the good content available because you're blinded by your "THIS SUCKS WHERE IS THE SONGS I WANT!" point of view.
  • AlexFlameAlexFlame Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Aww..still waiting for Flogging Molly's Requiem for a Dying Song...
    edited June 2010
    GDVPlayer;3736946 said:
    That's just your opinion really, I am a drummer, and I have found a lot of fun stuff to play in RBN since PS3 got it, you saying what's there now is stupid, is well, stupid. Mordecai is fun and challenging, you not liking the song? Well, too bad I guess, The RBN ATR songs are great fun on all instruments, Steve Vai, yeah I'll admit is "meh", which is why I haven't bought it, and I could go on talking about what I think is fun in RBN PS3 so far, but why bother, you'll just give the same excuse, the tracks coming next week from Demon Hunter and In This Moment are awesome, and looks extrememly fun to play, also if you haven't checked out the Children of Nova track, you're missing out, you're coming off as extremely ignorant and failed to see the good content available because you're blinded by your "THIS SUCKS WHERE IS THE SONGS I WANT!" point of view.
    no, your missing the point. every week when the new songs come out, i use this thing called youtube to see the chart. i rotate my plastic drumset about 90 degrees, and play to it.
    everlong/one vision/run to the hills has everything the complexity of light has to offer.
    mordecai doesnt look that fun either. i already have wahnthac, the exiled, etc. i dont need another of the same thing. thats why im not buying a 360 when i already have a ps3, and btw prequel to the sequal > mordecai.
    the other songs you mention dont offer a single bit a challenge. no fun.
    in collapsing, the beginning with the quick bass looks quite fun. after that enjoyable 30 seconds, it no harder than moderate or challenging.
    i like steve vai songs. but you know why i didnt buy them? any challenge or fun on drums? nope.
    I wouldnt be saying the releases suck if there was some good content. im not a mindless idiot who would rush to buy something before checking it out. good song != fun song. I have over 130 dlc.

I use dlcquickplay, and scrolled through all the tier 7 songs, and some of the nightmare ones. i wrote every fun looking on on a list. there were not that many songs that didnt make the list, but every single release happens to be one of the very few that didnt make it on.

i actually bought 2 songs. even rats, and the complexity of light.
    even rats stopped being fun after the 2nd play, and the same went for the complexity of light. the complexity of light is also quite long, and repetitive.
    edited June 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;3737353 said:

im not a mindless idiot who would rush to buy something before checking it out. good song != fun song.
    Obviously not, there are a lot of awesome sounding songs that would be **** for RB in general, and some are on there that just plain suck, but after reading your reply, I just get the notion that you want higher tiered songs, even if it sounds like ****, to me I see it like this, the song needs to sound good and be fun, now what's fun to me may not be fun to you because in the end EVERYBODY is different, so fair enough, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, also, lol Even rats, is just... no, (bad song across the board IMO).

Also, songs with a sweet groove to it are still amazingly fun too, it dosent have to be Nightmare/Impossible songs to be considered fun you know? but like I said above, I guess everyone's vision of fun will be different here so yeah, I'll just leave it at that.
    =)
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited June 2010
    Probably just The Main Drag, but if I had more money, I would get of Montreal and Demon Hunter.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Mechanical Love and Collapsing. Also have GD:RB to keep myself occupied next week.
    edited June 2010
    well i guess in a nutshell, i want something that isnt too repetitive to play, and has a unique beat that takes practice to learn not really fast blasts. thats why i meanly check nightmare/impossible songs.
    im considering push push (lady lightning) because its $1.
    edited June 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;3738415 said:
    well i guess in a nutshell, i want something that isnt too repetitive to play, and has a unique beat that takes practice to learn not really fast blasts. thats why i meanly check nightmare/impossible songs.
    im considering push push (lady lightning) because its $1.
    (You must LOVE Guns of Summer)

Well in that case don't buy Push Push, I think it's awesome, but since you need everything to be complex or not "too repetitive", you would not enjoy it trust me man.

You said you don't use it as a "makeshift iPod", I think, if you're playing a song that is just awesome sounding and fun (to the person playing it), it dosen't get better than that, so I don't really see how you can manage with the way you decide what songs you want to play (isn't it about enjoying the music as you play along to it?), but whatever I guess.
    I can't play a song like "If 6 was 9" (Jimi hendrix pack) because even though it's challenging, (and admittedly pretty tough) I hate the song to death, which is a good example of what I mean, and you seem to be the exact oppsite to me when it comes to how I judge songs I want to play, like Im sure you'd buy a song like that (something in the same vain at least), because of the challenge it brings, despite if you liked it or not, that's what get from your notion.
    What's available in RBN noowis perfectly fine, wanting more songs? of course I do, Doomsday Party, Africa, and the Texas In July songs are awesome, and I want them, but Im happy with what's available now.

Anyway, I guess this conversation is over, nothing else to say.
  • Thrashard76Thrashard76 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    In This Moment - "Mechanical Love"