Punk

zetty12zetty12 Unsigned
edited June 2010 in History of Rock
Name some punk bands you listen to! (Real punk not greenday and that ****)

Comments

• polishdog90polishdog90 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Punk is when a straight man has sex with another man for money
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    hunx & his punx.
  • zetty12zetty12 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    No need to be a smart ass, Im talking about the music genre, I though this be obvious considering its in the rock band forums...
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2010
    zetty12;3736318 said:
    No need to be a smart ass, Im talking about the music genre, I though this be obvious considering its in the rock band forums...
    Yeah, no need to be one...
    Name some punk bands you listen to! (Real punk not greenday and that ****)
    Consider reading through the rules. Thank You.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    i liek ambiex
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2010
    Crucial Bar! Bar! Bar-Bar-ba-Bar-Bar-Bar-B-Q!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TlcbW_63X4

Also, Agnostic Front, Merauder, Cro-Mags, Biohazard, Madball, The Meteors, The Misfits, Dead Kennedys, The Adicts, Abrasive Wheels, The Subhumans, 88 Fingers Louie, The Deadweights, Choking Victim, 45 Grave.
  • edited June 2010
    Circle Jerks.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited June 2010
    Minor Threat, Squirtgun, The Queers, Screeching Weasel, Dead Kennedys
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    Most DC Emo bands (RoS, Grey Matter)

Also love Post-Punk
  • KBeatle96KBeatle96 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Rise Against, and some others.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited June 2010
    Lots and lots of D.R.I.
  • ElectricWankeryElectricWankery Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Lots of the classics, such as Dead Kennedys, Cramps, Ramones, Minutemen, Adverts, Buzzcocks, Clash, Vibrators, X, Replacements, Black Flag, Redd Kross, Fear, TSOL, etc.
    Also listen to a lot of the post-punk and no-wave stuff, like Swans, Lydia Lunch, Thirwell, DNA, Sonic Youth, and so on.
  • Indie_GuyIndie_Guy Banned
    edited June 2010
    ElectricWankery;3736657 said:
    Lots of the classics, such as Dead Kennedys, Cramps, Ramones, Minutemen, Adverts, Buzzcocks, Clash, Vibrators, X, Replacements, Black Flag, Redd Kross, Fear, TSOL, etc.
    Also listen to a lot of the post-punk and no-wave stuff, like Swans, Lydia Lunch, Thirwell, DNA, Sonic Youth, and so on.
    This. Exactly.
  • King_NuthinKing_Nuthin Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I know some have been mentioned...
    Classic 70s/80s Clash, Pistols, Stiff Little Fingers, Rezillos, Buzzcocks (just saw them the other night, still rockin it), Ramones, Cramps, Heartbreakers, New York Dolls, Misfits, X, MDC, DK, Germs, FEAR, Weirdos, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Descendants, Adolescents, ATV, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, TSOL, Damned, The Jam, Stooges, Modern Lovers, X Ray Spex, Wire, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Dictators, Gen X, Adverts, Television, Vibrators, Dead Boys, Undertones, Ruts, Skids, 7 Seconds, Dr Know, Crass, Social D, Outlets, The Freeze... etc

90s: Anti-Flag, Dropkicks, Showcase Showdown, Blanks 77, early AFI, Swingin Utters, Lowdowns, Reducers SF, Demonics, Ducky Boys, Unseen, Randumbs

Newer stuff I like: Against Me, Street Dogs, Briefs, Cute Lepers, Teenage Bottlerocket, Throw Rag

On and on.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited June 2010
    i was listening to the distillers earlier. that classify? i just want to **** the vocalist, though.
    edited June 2010
    King_Nuthin;3737927 said:
    Buzzcocks (just saw them the other night, still rockin it)
    Where did you see them? I saw them last friday and they were pretty damn awesome.
  • King_NuthinKing_Nuthin Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    ElectricWankery;3737933 said:
    Where did you see them? I saw them last friday and they were pretty damn awesome.
    Portland. Are you in Canada? I think the Dollyrots said it was their first show back in the states.
    edited June 2010
    King_Nuthin;3737955 said:
    Portland. Are you in Canada? I think the Dollyrots said it was their first show back in the states.
    Yeah, I saw them here in Canada. Killer show.
  • edited June 2010
    Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Simple Plan, New Found Glory, All Time Low, etc.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited June 2010
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;3739469 said:
    Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Simple Plan, New Found Glory, All Time Low, etc.
    Thanks Jesus!
  • CEEDZ13CEEDZ13 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;3739469 said:
    lol
    You forgot TheClashTheClashTheClash!!
    edited June 2010
    The lack of mentions in this thread for crust bands other than Amebix, d-beat, skramz/screamo, powerviolence, grind, and all the other punk I like is very depressing.
  • citizenCEROcitizenCERO Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I've been meaning to listen to more powerviolence, mm
    I loved United Nation's s/t.
    edited June 2010
    why don't we have a thread for grind/crust/powerviolence/screamo? we have quite a few members who are into at least one of the above.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    afterstasis;3742780 said:
    why don't we have a thread for grind/crust/powerviolence/screamo? we have quite a few members who are into at least one of the above.
    because, organized threads are totally not diy
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited June 2010
    Old school punk: Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, some 80's punk like Misfits, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, some modern punk like Rise Against.
    edited June 2010
    citizenCERO;3742775 said:
    I've been meaning to listen to more powerviolence, mm
    I loved United Nation's s/t.
    United Nations isn't pow-vi. They claim that they are, but they're not.
    Try out these songs.

Powerviolence is fast, raw, angry, and often noisy hardcore. A lot of crossover between powerviolence and other forms of extreme hardcore (namely thrashcore and grindcore).
    afterstasis;3742780 said:
    Because I'm too lazy to make it.
  • citizenCEROcitizenCERO Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I didn't like the Capitalist Casualties song, I liked the Weekend Nachos song (it reminded me of Corrupted. <3) and the Charles Bronson song too. That Spazz song was probably my favorite of the bunch.
    I'll take a look into Weekend Nachos and Spazz.

[opening all 4 links at the same time and letting them all play at once is awesome, too]
    edited June 2010
    citizenCERO;3743531 said:
    I didn't like the Capitalist Casualties song
    I'm not amused.

I can't find my favorite Capitalist Casualties song ("Corporate Retreat") on youtube, but give them a couple more shots.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDMVa94abA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9xBBgCDvXg&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2kY3UUrFq8&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8jgxDA0XQ&feature=related
    edited June 2010
    a good number of my powerviolence favorites are from the 90's tampa scene... reversal of man, combatwoundedveteran, assh*le parade, etc.