Why does RBN have such terrible connection issues?

krectuskrectus Opening Act
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
STILL getting the background band of death screen problem. I've been trying to access RBN since day one and most of the time it get stuck on the BBoD screen and timing out. My connection is perfect, everything else works including the regular RB store.

Also when I do connect occasionally the preview audio for the songs never seems to download. AND the store itself is horribly, horribly slow just trying to navigate through menus and songs.

It's been a few months now, these first day jitters shouldn't still be happening, come on people expect a bit more here.

Comments

• LegolElfLegolElf Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I agree. Just jumped on to download "Higher" by Creed and it usually kicks me out of the store and says I've been disconnected from Live over and over even though I never lost connection. The one time I did finally get to the song to download it, it said "0p" beside it, and hit to download, and it said "can't download, try again later" or something to that effect. So it's like its up to download, with no price next to it. And EVERY time after I try to download it immediately says "refreshing music store" and kicks me out again. I don't get it.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    LegolElf;3742080 said:
    I agree. Just jumped on to download "Higher" by Creed and it usually kicks me out of the store and says I've been disconnected from Live over and over even though I never lost connection. The one time I did finally get to the song to download it, it said "0p" beside it, and hit to download, and it said "can't download, try again later" or something to that effect. So it's like its up to download, with no price next to it. And EVERY time after I try to download it immediately says "refreshing music store" and kicks me out again. I don't get it.

thats because the new songs uploaded earlier today has a bug from microsoft that prevents from buying the songs, they´re working on it.
  • LegolElfLegolElf Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3742097 said:
    thats because the new songs uploaded earlier today has a bug from microsoft that prevents from buying the songs, they´re working on it.
    Really? I did not know this. Was there an announcement thread on this somewhere?
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    LegolElf;3742130 said:
    Really? I did not know this. Was there an announcement thread on this somewhere?

here...

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189979&page=54

post #534
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    I generally agree with the OP. RBN is extremely slow, and scrolling through a list of songs you've previewed is like pulling teeth out of concrete. And while the store loads very quickly compared to the regular Music Store, leaving it tends to take the better part of five minutes.

Since I really enjoy RBN and check regularly for new releases, this is just an annoying waste of time. Whoever is responsible for this: Fix it. Please.
  • acdcrockacdcrock Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    It's not working for me atm, I pick RBN then Browse/Top 50 and get "Unable to connect to the Music Store server at this time. Please try again later." It's done it 3 times and one of them it froze the PS3
  • antdogsantdogs Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    i get that too and it froze my xbox evertime or i ge to the store and it freezes
  • xRage08xRage08 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    It's not as bad for me as for you guys :P

But sometimes it does happen. It's never frozen on me, but there's been times where it's taken forever to access the store, forever to browse through it, and forever just to leave it. We shouldn't be complaining so much, because they could just do away with the store and thus the problems would be out the window, but some maintenance wouldn't hurt, either. Fix a couple bugs, raise speed a little, etc. etc. etc.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    It happened to me today. I tried accessing the store, but I only got that BBoD thing. I ended up getting the songs from the PS3 store. I dunno what's up, but it sure is weird.
  • miethamietha Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, seriously, it's absurd. I've bought quite a few tracks (60+) from RBN, but I would have bought a WHOLE lot more, if it wasn't so damn annoying to deal with. I used to try to fight it; Now, every time it gives me a problem, which is every time, I just say **** it, I'll try again later. I also used to check it at least 3 times a week. Now it's about once every two to three weeks unless I see there is something I have to have right now, like Anti-Flag. I REALLY hope they fix this, especially before RB3 comes out. It's a great idea. Too bad it only half-assed works.
  • seligfseligf Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    I have this problem as well. At least I get to listen to the solo part of "Get Clean"... Mmmm.
  • --terrorisly--terrorisly Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    I think the problems you guys seem to be having (for the BBoD anyway) is just excess buildup, especially if you preview a lot of songs.

The best thing i found (in my experience on the 360) is to go into your memory settings, go to the RB2 file, and delete your music store data. This clears any previews you might have done and doesn't hurt anything else within your game.

To prevent lag that causes the BBoD, I just rarely preview songs from the store, and clear my music store data every once in a while.
  • hugoballin88hugoballin88 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Yes, i think everyone who plays online has experienced some tech problems. Obviously it' not stopping anybody from playing and buying music lol.
  • raisinkahne9raisinkahne9 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    i have an issue with getting ''server connect lost please try again later'' every time i try to access rbn or rb in game stores ( but after 3 tries it works fine ). been getting all my songs thru the ps store.. p.s. i never get any errors or messages with any other games. anyone know what my issue could be?? thanks a bunch