Redemption by Andy Timmons Band

Tomstar42Tomstar42 Rising Star
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I just wanted to make a thread about this song, because it's so awesome on guitar. Probably the best song I've ever played on guitar. Your thoughts?

Comments

• JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    yep, same thought, along with other instrumentals..
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Okay, I had to make a post about this.

Although the chart is fun, there are BIG problems with it.

Firstly, the only one I MYSELF noticed is a bit where there are three RY chords in a row, and the ARE ALL HOPOS. That is broken as hell. There are also notes RIGHT after each other that are hopos!

Also, another thing I only noticed after reading a review was that it has parts that are the same and charted difficulty and vice versa. But the other thing is the most important. It's SO BROKEN and I don't understand how the charter could POSSIBLY miss that. It's just ridiculous.
  • drudindrudin Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Hey there,
    So cool to see this thread! I love this song and was happy to bring it to the RBN.

Nathaniel, I am the charter who did this song. Could you please tell me where in the song the error occurs? I'm very sorry if an mistake like that got through. We try so hard to prevent errors from shipping in any of our songs and, not to make excuses, with all the testing and revision that goes on before a song is released, sometimes it's possible to create a new problem when fixing a different one! But your feedback just makes us work harder to make sure it doesn't happen so thanks for posting.

BTW, are you finding these errors in game or on our preview video... that video is from a beta version (just in case)

We have another great song by Andy in testing now, and I hope that an error getting through in Redemption won't keep you from checking out Andy's other incredible stuff!

dan
    edited June 2010
    Just saw those 3 rd/yl chords at around 2:03, my apologies. Fortunately, they still play when strummed but only the first of those was meant to be HOPO.
    We'll try harder to make sure no more of those slip through testing and review, we want our songs to be as good as they can be, nothing less.

dan
    edited June 2010
    Thanks! it's great that you're actually looking at the chart; It's good that you're self aware lol. Sometimes I forgot someone actually charted it and it wasn't some kind of autonomous charting robot.

Also, yeah, the only one that I personly noticed is those three chrords, and it is kind of a really strange error. I think maybe you should keep a look out.

It's also the review process though, which I forgot to mention. Yeah, sorry if I sounded a bit ragey lol, but it's awesome that you've acknowledged it.

The other problems I was talking about are mentioned in this review - http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=97&showentry=294 - again, the only one I noticed was the hopo thing, but these guys picked up some more.

I'm still looking foward to you're other Andy TImmons chart, because the charts were very fun and I'm glad to see someone is charting Timmons!
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the reply Nathaniel, we'll try to do even better in the future! I don't know if you've noticed, but Andy plays a LOT of notes ;-), giving us a lot of chances to miss something.
    I'll look for your scores on the boards!

dan
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I never saw any "HO/POs" that looked out of place, personally. Everything that I saw made sense to playing on a real guitar, including hammer-on chords and hammer-ons right after each other.
    edited June 2010
    No, but hopos right after each other aren't supposed to work in Rock Band.
  • DeNiceDeNice Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    I've been hooked to this song for quite a while since it came to RBN. Seriously though, we could defiantly use more instrumental songs like this since it shows off some real musical talent. Still though, I must agree that (at least on the guitar chart) there's some oddness about the chart, mainly that RY triple HOPO chord spot in the middle of solo 2 that just feels weird and the little blue strum to blue hammer-on a tiny bit after on the short trill part. There may be a few more small things, but overall I'd definitely buy more from this band if offered it.