Greatest Bands of the 2000's

LeonLeon Unsigned
edited July 2012 in History of Rock
We hear a lot about the greatest bands from the 60's-90's but rarely of the 2000's...
So who do you think are the bands that will be remembered 40 years from now are today?

My top 5...
1. The White Stripes
2. Queens of the Stone Age
3. Muse
4. Wolfmother
5. Velvet Revolver

So what are yours?

Comments

• ElegyElegy Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Leon;223492 said:
    We hear a lot about the greatest bands from the 60's-90's but rarely of the 2000's...
    So who do you think are the bands that will be remembered 40 years from now are today?

My top 5...
    1. The White Stripes
    2. Queens of the Stone Age
    3. Muse
    4. Wolfmother
    5. Velvet Revolver

So what are yours?
    Wolfmother still has to put out a decent second album.

I'd put LP on the list, and, depending on how their next two albums go, maybe MCR
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited December 2007
    Fall Out Boy.

-Own a record company (Wich includes bands such as Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, The Acadamey Is..., Gym Class Heros and more.)
    -Own a New York Bar
    -Have a tabliod fodder bassist.
  • lpunderground19lpunderground19 Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    I know they've existed in other decades (most famously the 90s) but Red Hot Chili Peppers have done well for themselves since 2000. By the Way and Stadium Arcadium have both sold a ton (not to mention they are both damn good albums), and they're as popular as they've ever been.
  • theblur3419theblur3419 Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    The fact that The Strokes haven't been mentioned yet is extremely sad.

Anyways, my top 2000's bands would be
    1. The Strokes
    2. The Killers
    3. The White Stripes
    4. Arctic Monkeys

However, The Strokes are on a different level than the other ones.
  • optimusprimooptimusprimo Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    for me:
    1. jet
    2. wolfmother
    3. white stripes
    4. the hives
    5. rhcp
  • VigorousjammerVigorousjammer Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    1. The Hives
    2. Priestess
    3. System of a Down
    4. White Stripes
    5. Jet
  • hainesdogghainesdogg Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    1. The Strokes
    2. The White Stripes
    3. Radiohead (Kid A was released in early 2000 I think)
    4. Bright Eyes (I'm not a huge fan, but I definitely think Conor is important in rock history)
    5. Interpol
  • BAoxymoronBAoxymoron Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Lamb of god
    Chris Adler is considered by many to be the best drummer alive

and they have skill oriented instrumental parts they are just amazing

• GianthogweedGianthogweed Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Tool
    Radiohead
    Muse
    The Mars Volta
    Opeth
    Coheed and Cambria
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited December 2007
    Rockbandfan23467;223771 said:
    Fall Out Boy.

-Own a record company (Wich includes bands such as Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, The Acadamey Is..., Gym Class Heros and more.)
    -Own a New York Bar

Linkin Park
    - Started Music For Relief
    - Projekt Revolution (its great because they give the lesser known bands more of a chance to become known)
    - Club Tattoo (i believe its Chesters Tattoo Parlor or something like that)
  • pretty_pink_pistolpretty_pink_pistol Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    i loooove the strokes. some of the best stuff out there.

1. the strokes
    2. minus the bear - mellow but the way they play their guitars just blows the mind.
    3. kenna - i don't know how many would consider this a band, since its kinda just one guy, but when he's live, there's a band. the music is fantastic~
    4.We Are Scientists - they put on GREAT live shows, musically and comedically. they rock that much =]
    5. yeah yeah yeahs - make me want to jump around the house and break things, but in a good way =] though i show more love to the first album than the recent one, i really love the sound these guys have. <3
  • polishdog90polishdog90 Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Top 5:
    1. Rose Hill Drive
    2. Valient Thorr
    3. Lordi
    4. Wolfmother
    5. Buckethead

These are the bands of the 2000s that actually have talent.
  • Phategod1Phategod1 Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Korn
    Tool
    System Of a Down
    White Stripes
    NIN
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited December 2007
    Muse
    Tool
    QOTSA
    RHCP
    Rush (loved their new album)
  • cuBERTcuBERT Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    System of a down
    RHCP
    White stripes
    Gorrilaz(i like 'em)
  • SocialSleepAidSocialSleepAid Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    QOTSA
    Cat Power
    Metric
    NIN
    Down (Phil Anselmo's band)
  • OmnitamerOmnitamer Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Julio_Strikes_Back;225092 said:
    Muse
    Tool
    QOTSA
    RHCP
    Rush (loved their new album)
    I completely agree, took the words out of my mouth
  • ancientwolf133ancientwolf133 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Its hard to not mention bands that weren't formed in the 90s and made it big. Not one band really stands out for me which was formed 2000 and after.
  • Tdk_SamuraiTdk_Samurai Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    RHCP (probably not considered a 2000s band, but still perform better than most after all their time in the music industry)
    SOAD
    LP

Those are the only bands that I can think of that have their albums packed with hits, and no filler

other bands that were mentioned like the killers, and tool, I like but they just haven't done enough to be considered one of the greats IMO

I'd like to put Sum 41 and three days grace on a top 5 list, but I'd rather not put any band on a list that even a handfull of people would not like, so its just the 3 for me
  • Mathias83Mathias83 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I like a lot of your lists. Accurate and to the point, and screw the bashers. Sure Linkin Park might not be as talented as a drugged out 60's band, but they write catchy tunes that are left in your mind, and as the last post said "No filler. All hits."
  • HayabusaZeroZHayabusaZeroZ Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Linkin Park
    Rise Against
    Breaking Benjamin
    Evanescence
  • Hastyl3Hastyl3 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Fall Out Boy.

-Own a New York Bar
    -I hope that's a joke because all the bands you mentioned lack talent in many places.
    -Do people actually go to that bar?
    -What's a "tabliod"? Do you mean tabloid? I never actually hear much of him in the news, in fact, the last thing I heard is that the Gods of Rock were trying to kill their lead "guitarist"(If you can call him one). Maybe to little preteens, yes, but other than that, no one's really interested in them.

Now on topic:

1. Killswitch Engage
    2. Wolfmother
    3. White Stripes
    4. CKY
    5. Avenged Sevenfold

BTW ppl, Linkin Park, SOAD, Korn, and NIN were around in the 90's.
  • tombradytombrady Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Tdk_Samurai;228470 said:
    RHCP (probably not considered a 2000s band, but still perform better than most after all their time in the music industry)
    SOAD
    LP

Those are the only bands that I can think of that have their albums packed with hits, and no filler

other bands that were mentioned like the killers, and tool, I like but they just haven't done enough to be considered one of the greats IMO

I'd like to put Sum 41 and three days grace on a top 5 list, but I'd rather not put any band on a list that even a handfull of people would not like, so its just the 3 for me
    I really don't think this thread is about which bands have the most hits...
    RHCP, SOAD, and certainly LP don't even touch bands like Tool or Radiohead in terms of complexity and musical talent.

I'm not sure--like most people say, most of the best current bands were not formed in the 2000's.

I will say Tool and Radiohead...yes I'm biased, but next person who says Fall out Boy or Linkin Park is going to get stabbed.
  • Rocker540Rocker540 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Fall Out Boy.

-Own a New York Bar

FOB Owns Para more, Gym Class Heroes, and P!ATD??? Say it aint so!

What's the record label named?
  • TheBEAST205TheBEAST205 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    If you ask me, I'd say that The Mars Volta is by far the best band in the past 10 years. They are way more talented and innovative than any other band you could list. They aren't very popular, but most of the best bands now are that way.

I'd also say that Porcupine Tree would have to be up there too, much better than any other American bands at the time.
  • cuBERTcuBERT Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    tombrady;230426 said:
    I really don't think this thread is about which bands have the most hits...
    RHCP, SOAD, and certainly LP don't even touch bands like Tool or Radiohead in terms of complexity and musical talent.

I'm not sure--like most people say, most of the best current bands were not formed in the 2000's.

I will say Tool and Radiohead...yes I'm biased, but next person who says Fall out Boy or Linkin Park is going to get stabbed.
    I have to disagree with one of your statements.RHCP has great musical talent aswell as SOAD.Both have great guitarists with thier own uniqe style.Thier bassists are great.THier drummers know what thier doing.And last but not least, both vocalists voices are amazing (though maybe an aquired taste).And the fact that Serj played every instrument on his solo albumn proves the point im trying to convey.Also, fall out boy:D
  • CRAZYGONUTZ559CRAZYGONUTZ559 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    The Tea Party
    Rush
    Radiohead
    Megadeth
    The Black Keys
    NIN
  • senomarsenomar Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Muse
    Coheed & Cambria