A little help from my friends...

walker2010walker2010 Unsigned
edited June 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Ok, Im obviously new at this, so please bare with me. I only had played before with Guitar Hero games, and I recently purchased a PS3 and got the Beatles Rock Band game.

To my surprise (I know, I know) I only found out back home that I couldnt play this game with the regular ps3 controllers, but that I needed some instruments to play. So, I got a lent guitar controller, but I still cant play!! It tells me I need to plug in a microphone!!

Is this ok? Cant I only play as a guitarist? Do you always need a mi plugged in?

Im pretty sure theres something wrong here...

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks!

Comments

• nickbrownsfannickbrownsfan Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    not sure why you cant connect with the guitar controller. The ps3 controller activates the mic. The guitar should activate itself using the green or start button.
  • TheBeatleTheBeatle Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    in this game the ps3 controller uses for playing with microphone.
    If you want to play with guitar, you have to choose with the guitar..Try it !
  • AwdrgyAwdrgy Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Turn your controller off.

Use your guitar.
  • walker2010walker2010 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Ok, so I SHOULD be able to play JUST with the guitar?

Maybe its because the guitar is not an original PS3 guitar. Its a PS2 guitar that Im using with one of those adapters so I can use it with my PS3. It recognizes the guitar, I press the buttons in the guitar and I can move along screens.

BUT, I can never get to actually PLAY! I choose "story" or whatever the other options are, and it takes to a screen that says "please plug in a microphone to play as a singer" or something along those lines.

But I want to play the guitar, not sing....
  • walker2010walker2010 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Awdrgy;3748186 said:
    Turn your controller off.

Use your guitar.
    ok, I`ll try that!

thanks!
  • MurdocisGod1990MurdocisGod1990 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    walker2010;3748188 said:
    Ok, so I SHOULD be able to play JUST with the guitar?

Maybe its because the guitar is not an original PS3 guitar. Its a PS2 guitar that Im using with one of those adapters so I can use it with my PS3. It recognizes the guitar, I press the buttons in the guitar and I can move along screens.

BUT, I can never get to actually PLAY! I choose "story" or whatever the other options are, and it takes to a screen that says "please plug in a microphone to play as a singer" or something along those lines.

But I want to play the guitar, not sing....

Its probably the guitar your using, this game cant connect with just ANY guitar (which is gay) try getting a PS3 rock band/guitar hero guitar... no doubt in my mind it would work then, I still don't get the "connect the mic" thing though.. the game must think your PS2 guitar is just another controller I guess...
  • MistressDMistressD Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    He's probably right. You can get an individual PS3 guitar for the original Rockband relatively cheap. Try this and turning off the PS3 controller, it'll show you that you can use the guitar buttons to navigate the menu as well.