Rock Band Network and Rock Band 3.

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Rock Band Network songs will be fully integrated into RB3 :

- They can appear in any sort of setlist, including random setlists.

- They can appear in online setlists that you create and share with friends.

- They can be played to complete any goal that can be completed by a DLC song.

- They can be played to complete Challenges.

We will have more announcements over the coming months covering the fine details of how RBN integrates into RB3, so stay tuned.

Comments

  • Spidey987Spidey987 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    greatest rb3 news so far ;)
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I wonder if they will some how get the RBN on the Wii's version of RB3.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
  • HyeJinx1984HyeJinx1984 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    RBNers have to start authoring harmonies and keys now...
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I'm really hoping they give RBN authors the tools to integrate harmonies and keyboards into their songs. Obviously if the author doesn't know how to play the piano and doesn't have access to the sheet music for the part they could choose to not chart the keyboard part (if there is one), but it would be nice they had they option of doing it.

    Harmonies would be especially nice.
  • omghaxomghax Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    I wonder if Keys/Harmonies can be added to existing RBN songs. If that is the case, I hope they're able to reupload the songs without us having to re-buy them. That would be extremely lame..
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited June 2010
    HyeJinx1984;3755659 said:
    RBNers have to start authoring harmonies and keys now...


    The tools to do that aren't going to be available to us until 'sometime' after RB3 drops.

    So it'll be probably 2nd quarter next year before 'RBN 2.0' tracks start hitting the RBN stores. (at a guess).
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2010
    omghax;3755850 said:
    I wonder if Keys/Harmonies can be added to existing RBN songs. If that is the case, I hope they're able to reupload the songs without us having to re-buy them. That would be extremely lame..
    No they can't be added to the existing songs. Nothing can be changed about RBN songs without them being pulled down and re-released.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited June 2010
    Cool beans.

    I'm kinda bummed to be putting my song up knowing that later down the road I could have had the harmony vocals charted but oh well.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    kingtonyx;3755923 said:
    Cool beans.

    I'm kinda bummed to be putting my song up knowing that later down the road I could have had the harmony vocals charted but oh well.
    Personally, I'm not fretting the lack of harmonies too much, if the harmonies are the same as the lead line. Yea, you don't get official harmonies support, but everyone's singing the same thing anyway. Doesn't matter as much. It's when the background line is totally different from the lead line that I hesitate about it.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited June 2010
    FairwoodStudios;3755935 said:
    Personally, I'm not fretting the lack of harmonies too much, if the harmonies are the same as the lead line. Yea, you don't get official harmonies support, but everyone's singing the same thing anyway. Doesn't matter as much. It's when the background line is totally different from the lead line that I hesitate about it.
    Yeah, I have both going on.

    Also there might be some parts where two people would be vocalizing the same thing, but one part will be pitched and the other will be screamed/talkie.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    GameMaster439;3755335 said:
    I wonder if they will some how get the RBN on the Wii's version of RB3.

    Or if they'll ever work a way around PSN's 5-a-week throttling.


    I've been a PS3 RBer - but if RB3's release increases the rate of tracks in XBLA RBN but PSN keeps throttling it to 5 songs a week, I may have to abandon the PS3 ship. Hell, they're already missing almost 90% of tracks (313 out of 353).
  • edited June 2010
    I treat my RBN purchases the same as my regular DLC, so I wouldn't expect anything different from the game. Cool beans!
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    HyeJinx1984;3755659 said:
    RBNers have to start authoring harmonies and keys now...
    The rb2 system can't handle them and if they can't audition them they're dead in there tracks. Although maybe hmx could release the Rock Band 3 audition mode disc for a small price which would just have audition mode in it and maybe they could release the keyboard early through their website also for rbn authors and testers. Although I highly doubt this.
Sign In or Register to comment.