Play & Charge Kit?

BlackHoleBlackHole Opening Act
edited July 2007 in Rock Band
Play & Charge Kit and Rechargable Battery possible for use in Fender Wireless? If it did me would be awesomely happy.

Comments

• TerranovaTerranova Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    BlackHole;20561 said:
    Play & Charge Kit and Rechargable Battery possible for use in Fender Wireless? If it did me would be awesomely happy.
    That would add more cost to the controller to make it rechargable don't forget it's coming on the PS3 as well which uses blue-tooth for wireless and Harmonix would need to add the same cell phone type battery as the Sixaxis uses as that's the only way you can charge on the PS3, I'm sure Harmonix would want to keep the controllers the same for both Systems so i would say they would make it simple and go wired as both the 360 and PS3 have and use USB ports, they could at a later date release wireless models catered for the individual systems.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Terranova;20585 said:
    so i would say they would make it simple and go wired as both the 360 and PS3 have and use USB ports, they could at a later date release wireless models catered for the individual systems.
    Harmonix has clearly stated they are offering wireless models at launch.

All Xbox 360 wireless controllers have a standard battery pack slot, which can accomodate regular batteries, or the Play and Charge pack. It does not add anything to the cost of the controller.
  • KeeblerKeebler Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Terranova;20585 said:
    That would add more cost to the controller to make it rechargable don't forget it's coming on the PS3 as well which uses blue-tooth for wireless and Harmonix would need to add the same cell phone type battery as the Sixaxis uses as that's the only way you can charge on the PS3, I'm sure Harmonix would want to keep the controllers the same for both Systems.
    They're not gonna be the same by any stretch. The 360 controllers need special chips to work correctly on the 360 console, so they are already producing two different batches of the Fenders... which makes the addition of a battery pack attachment easy.
  • HuwonkHuwonk Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Electric_Zen;20682 said:
    All Xbox 360 wireless controllers have a standard battery pack slot, which can accomodate regular batteries, or the Play and Charge pack. It does not add anything to the cost of the controller.
    I don't think the original question is whether it will support the battery pack, but whether it will have the port for the Play and Charge cable. I'm pretty sure the Wireless Racing Wheel doesn't have the port (I have one, but haven't checked for the port!)... then again it uses an AC adapter.

But as you said, it shouldn't add (much) to the cost of the controller. In my eyes, supporting the Play and Charge cable should be a no brainer.
  • karlkazakarlkaza Opening Act
    edited July 2007
  • bchapsbchaps Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I really don't care if a play and charge kit will work on the controler, i'm just going to get a wired one
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    bchaps;20747 said:
    I really don't care if a play and charge kit will work on the controler, i'm just going to get a wired one
    qft, screw batteries and screw lag
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    well I say screw wires and screw "you're rocking a bit too hard" screens!
    Wireless all the way baby! :D
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    That would be nice. But with the lag problem from T.V.s combined with the small amount of lag from wireless is not sounding too appealing right now. And yes, I realize there is a calibrate lag, but its not perfect by any means.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    mobhit101;20786 said:
    lol, fair enough. I lol'd when i first ganked the cord and saw that screen... as does everybody :D
  • BlackHoleBlackHole Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    What does lag have to do with the play & charge kit?
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    mobhit101;20786 said:
    I've been playing stuff on my new SIXAXIS, and I have to say, it's quite unnerving to move your hand around and expect a cord to be on the top when there's not one. Like, your brain knows there's supposed to be a cord there, and there's not.

I'm almost afraid to get a wireless guitar for that reason.

-Jaime
  • WildWalkerWildWalker Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Terranova;20585 said:
    That would add more cost to the controller to make it rechargable.
    Dude. There are two different guitars, one for the PS3 and one for the XB360, we've all seen the pics.

Asides that, the Plug and Charge kit is purchased 'separately' as in not included in the price.

So you buy the guitar and stick normal batteries in it, or you can choose to buy the optional plug and charge kit.

WW
  • BlackHoleBlackHole Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Charger and rechargable battery pack come with it and normal batteries cannot be recharged :(
  • KeeblerKeebler Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    BlackHole;22351 said:
    Charger and rechargable battery pack come with it and normal batteries cannot be recharged :(
    Normal batteries can never be recharged. That's why there's rechargeable batteries.

I have wireless controllers for my 360 and I have a Play and Charge kit for each. I think it's a great idea. Allow for wireless play whenever you need and if you ever need to charge, you can plug it in and keep using the controller while it is charging.

In essence, supporting the Play and Charge Kit would allow for both wired and wireless guitar playing.