How many people have beat guitar hero 2 on expert

domintor023domintor023 Unsigned
edited July 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
I have and wow it was tough

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Yeah, I still can't get through Jordan... One day, one day...
  • benjaminbenjamin Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Every song done. All career songs 5 starred.

w00t.
  • zankfrappazankfrappa Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    ive done all the career songs on expert, did the last 3 on saturday, woo! not 5-starred them all yet mind, that could take a while.
  • BeckRokkBeckRokk Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I've beaten it on Ex, but not fiv'd 'em all. Probably never will. Institutionalized, Misirlou, and Psychobilly can kiss my ass.

I guess it's my fault for playing the way I do: lefty without lefty flip.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    BeckRokk;20640 said:
    I've beaten it on Ex, but not fiv'd 'em all. Probably never will. Institutionalized, Misirlou, and Psychobilly can kiss my ass.

I guess it's my fault for playing the way I do: lefty without lefty flip.
    I 5'd those three but can't get hangar 18 or carry me home. I don't use hyperspeed, ever. Wonder if that'd help.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I beat it very easily (didn't fail any of the main songs the first time through), 5 starring all of them is a different story, I start to run into trouble around psychobilly. I've 4 starred most everything else, except for a select few, and I have not been able to pass Jordan. I just haven't put the time in, and I don't really find many of the songs that are at that difficulty fun to play or listen to, so I have no urge to improve. I still love playing the game though, I'll just never 5 star them all.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    ThePaska;20649 said:
    I beat it very easily (didn't fail any of the main songs the first time through), 5 starring all of them is a different story, I start to run into trouble around psychobilly. I've 4 starred most everything else, except for a select few, and I have not been able to pass Jordan. I just haven't put the time in, and I don't really find many of the songs that are at that difficulty fun to play or listen to, so I have no urge to improve. I still love playing the game though, I'll just never 5 star them all.
    so agreed on the difficult ones.. I mean psychobilly is one thing, but to improve at jordan would take too much effort. I really don't want to waste time memorizing which fingers to use on which buttons by going into practice mode repeatedly til my fingers remember. Like you said, not fun, not worth the time, and anybody watching you beat that song is going to think you're a total nerd :p
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I've beaten it as well. As I'm sure most of the users here have. :)
  • BobLoblawBobLoblaw Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I haven't. I'm on the setlist that has Jessica in it. I haven't even completed all the bonus songs on hard. The only song left is Six, though, and not only is that song hard, but the song itself is so terrible it's offputting. :mad:
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    I might have :cool:
  • ElninoElnino Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I just beat it two days ago. I had trouble beating Hanger 18 and Free Bird. Now Free Bird seems easy. I don't think i'll ever be able to 5 star all the songs. Beating it on expert is good enough.
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    BobLoblaw;20755 said:
    I haven't. I'm on the setlist that has Jessica in it. I haven't even completed all the bonus songs on hard. The only song left is Six, though, and not only is that song hard, but the song itself is so terrible it's offputting. :mad:
    It actually gets amazing once you hit the solo. Sadly, few survive long enough to hear it.

-Jaime
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited July 2007
    I've beaten it. Five-starred all of the main songs except Psychobilly and Misirlou.

As of now, I recently beat GH2 on hard using only two fingers. Five-starred most of the songs, but a lot of the later ones and a few from the early tiers are only four-starred.
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    WingsOfSteel;20986 said:
    I've beaten it. Five-starred all of the main songs except Psychobilly and Misirlou.

As of now, I recently beat GH2 on hard using only two fingers. Five-starred most of the songs, but a lot of the later ones and a few from the early tiers are only four-starred.
    Misirlou took me so long to figure out why I couldn't get 5 stars. Apparently I was strumming way faster than I thought I was, and was breaking the combo every two seconds. If you're still having problems with it, try forcing yourself to strum slower than you want to.

-Jaime
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I did. The only tough song of the final tier was Hangar 18. Freebird was a let down.
  • domintor023domintor023 Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Man solo I on on Freebird is pretty tough
    edited July 2007
    Freebird gets tough on solo I and J. Then lets up quite a bit. Just keep your rhythm, your cool, and your star power.

Misirlou was tough until I calmed down. I was strumming too fast.

Oh and The Trooper was a pain in the arse.
  • benjaminbenjamin Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    For some reason I have a hard time with Freebird. I cannot increase my High Score on it. So It is stuck at a lowly 440000.
  • Blue88Blue88 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I beat it on expert. I can't pass Jordan, but I've 5*'d every career song other than Psychobilly Freakout and the final tier songs (except BATH.) I can't really play it because my file got corrupted, and the game freezes up on half the songs (Freebird is one of those songs.) I can play Misirlou pretty good the first 30 seconds or so but my arm gets tired.

On GHI I've five starred every song but Cowboys from Hell.

Other than Psychobilly and the last tier, I thought Rock This Town and Carry Me home were really hard. It took me a long time to 5* them.
    edited July 2007
    Why did everyone crumble at Psychobilly Freakout? It's what I'm best at. Technical, unorganized, speed.

Now The Trooper? Hell on strings.
  • monlienNH3monlienNH3 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Beat expert but still working on the 5*. Got Freya and the last 2 tiers to 5 star for career songs - not sure if it will ever happen though. The only two songs I haven't beat on expert are Jordan and Six.
  • Blue88Blue88 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Xzyliac;21391 said:
    Why did everyone crumble at Psychobilly Freakout? It's what I'm best at. Technical, unorganized, speed.

Now The Trooper? Hell on strings.
    I only have it for the PS2. It doesn't look as hard as Psychobilly, but it looks hard.
  • littlebandlittleband Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Hehe. After finally beating "Craaaazyyyy on Yooouuuu" (I don't recall if had hyperspeed, I must've) I beat "Madhouse" and "The Trooper" on the first try but then it stopped at "Laid to Rest" and the psycho-song. Oh and "Rock this town" to. Then, to my amazement (I hope it's written like that) one day I sat down (with hyperspeed) and I just beat it, the psycho-song, and then I was on a winning streak, meaning it only took me like one or two tries to beat it. THEY ALL CRUMBLED BEFORE ME! Except "Hangar 18" which took me three tries or so. And then "Free Bird"!!! And I 4* it. On the first try. With that over with I'm aiming to beat that sob-song "Jordan" *sends a killing curse towards Buckethead*.
  • edited July 2007
    Done and 5'd all.

Jordon isn't that hard to get 5 on, pretty much if you can beat it you get 5 stars, in that middle 490 note section or guitar solo B through D (I think) I got 445 of them :D

Got the ****ty guitar to prove it. :(
  • eespo93eespo93 Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    I beat almost every song on expert with five stars... Had a little trouble with ones like six and jordan...
  • 3kage33kage3 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    ive done it the only songs i hade real trouble on was hangar 18 and cuz some of the solos on freebird
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Yep, and I'm nerd enough to say, it was easy.