The Riptides - Friday the 13th Available NOW!

bobgoblin77bobgoblin77 Unsigned
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey everyone! Our tune "Friday the 13th" is now available for Rock Band and you can download it here for a buck!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000343-0000-4000-8000-000045410869

Also, check out this guy who already got 100% on the lead guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-V4MqlC7Ms

Thanks so much for everyone who playtested the tune and submitted a peer review - much appreciated! More songs soon!

Bob

Comments

• k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Lots of fun on the guitar - 3 solos! I'd reccomend it.
  • bobgoblin77bobgoblin77 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the feedback on the tune! I downloaded it and tried it last night for the first time and quickly realized why I don't play drums - I failed miserably.

What other punk bands do you guys wanna see in RBN? I'd love to see a NOFX track or two...
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I'd love to see some Pennywise or Television in Rock Band.

Anyway, I absolutely love your song and I can't wait for more.
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited June 2010
    bobgoblin77;3773260 said:
    Thanks for the feedback on the tune! I downloaded it and tried it last night for the first time and quickly realized why I don't play drums - I failed miserably.

What other punk bands do you guys wanna see in RBN? I'd love to see a NOFX track or two...
    haha what instrument do you play?

I'm a guitarist and it's definitely my favorite instrument, but rock band has been getting me very interested in drums so I am taking that up too. I'm never going to stop guitar though! :)

Oh and I would love if they could get some Face to Face! And Billy Talent would be cool... I'm hoping they also bring more Anti-Flag and I agree NOFX should have some songs!
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2010
    Good track, look forward to seeing more in RBN.
    bobgoblin77;3773260 said:
    NOFX, Lagwagon, Descendents, NUFAN, ....
    CloudWolf;3773266 said:
    I'd love to see some Pennywise
    Yes! (esp 'Bro Hymn', i would sing that til my throat was sore and then sing it some more)
    overdriveguitarman;3773322 said:
    Oh and I would love if they could get some Face to Face!
    Yes!
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Bad Religion. Moar of it.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Just played it, and its VERY AWESOME! Thanks!!
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited June 2010
    I like the song so wanna buy it but I think it'd be like Heat of the Moment in GH 80's where I can't get through the song without falling over laughing and missing a bunch of notes. :p
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Punk bands i would like to see..... NOFX, Pennywise, Lagwagon, 7 seconds, All, Descendents, Circle Jerks, Mad Caddies, Less than Jake, Big Wig, Millencollin, Good Riddance, Strung Out....

Well you get the point. i could go on all day. but in the end Rock Band needs more punk. especially 90's era punk.

Oh and btw Friday the 13th is a great tune and a blast to play
  • kvzukykvzuky Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Song's awesome.

Any chance we'll see more tracks from you guys?

Specially from Tales From Planet Earth, great record.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited June 2010
    kvzuky;3777115 said:
    Song's awesome.

Any chance we'll see more tracks from you guys?

Specially from Tales From Planet Earth, great record.
    Actually, we have "Return to Blood Beach" up in playtesting right now, and "Dial M for Murder" will be hitting peer review shortly. There's more on the way on top of those as well!
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2010
    Do The Riptides have a song called "Friday The 13th, Part II"?
  • kvzukykvzuky Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3777207 said:
    Actually, we have "Return to Blood Beach" up in playtesting right now, and "Dial M for Murder" will be hitting peer review shortly. There's more on the way on top of those as well!
    Awesome news.
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this song. I hadn't heard about it until I saw your plea for peer reviews. I don't have XNA, or I would have been all over it. I'm just glad enough people did review it.

The song is very catchy. I love music, movies and videogames most in life, so as soon as I heard the lyrics (song titles are too often misnomers) I was sold. Definitely has an Offspring or Bad Religion vibe to it. And that is a good thing!

Guitar - AWESOME. And what is it, three guitar solos? It's great!
    Drums - FAST. Pretty difficult, but, it being a punk song and all, also fitting. If one can handle The Offspring or Bad Religion songs on drums, this one shouldn't prove too difficult.
    Bass - I haven't tried bass yet, but I'm sure it's fun too. It sounds good coming through my speakers, so I have faith!
    Vocals - great lyrics, great melody - fun to sing along to!

"Not eleven, not twelve... THIRTEEN"

Love it. I look forward to checking out more of your tunes.
    edited June 2010
    Hey Kvzuky - I'm glad you enjoyed "Tales"! Should be a few more tunes coming very soon... we've submitted tracks that I think would translate well into Rock Band and will be fun to play.

pmpboarder - thanks so much for the comments and the feedback!

I'm thinking NOFX's "The Decline" would be a great addition to Rock band. Also Bad Religion's "Generator."

Waddyathink?
  • Nucks4cupNucks4cup Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    The decline would be great. to bad RBN has a limit at 10 minutes. maybe we can get it as official DLC. The decline has also been in my profile as wanted DLC since i signed up here.
    edited June 2010
    Hey Nucks4Cup - that's funny, I didn't know about the 10 minute limit. They should consider changing the limit - not that there are many 10+ minute songs that would be cool in Rock band, but there are some exceptions like The Decline. For a shorter song I could see "Dinosaurs Will Die" as well which would be cool.

By the way, after the Ottawa Sens, the Canucks are one of my favs. I expect they're going to have to shake things up a little bit this summer in order to get by the 2nd round next year. Although the Twins are awesome, there's only so much they can do and they're going to need some more firepower. I went to a Canucks game last Nov. (vs. Edmonton) in Van and sat 20 rows behind Luongo... it was awesome!
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited June 2010
    We picked it up on friday.

The drums kick my ass!
    edited June 2010
    Our drummer is Dan Lumley. He also used to play in Screeching Weasel and the Riverdales (!).
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2010
    bobgoblin77;3790775 said:
    Our drummer is Dan Lumley. He also used to play in Screeching Weasel and the Riverdales (!).
    Wow, I did not know that. Screeching Weasel is one of my all time favorites. Looking at his wikipedia page he was also in Common Rider and Squirtgun. I think I own about 10 albums he was the drummer on.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    I bought this song on both RBN and iTunes <3
  • --terrorisly--terrorisly Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Definitely one of my favorite tracks in all of the RBN :) Can't wait for the rest of your songs to go up!
    edited June 2010
    Thanks alot for checking out our track guys (and gals!) and posting what you think... one of the next tunes that is being developed is called "Dial M For Murder" and although it references a Hitchcock film, it's actually about Michael Myers from the 'Halloween' franchise (the original, not the Rob Zombie films). I really hope it gets in and you check it out. Another is "Return to Blood Beach" (yes, referencing the 80's horror cult classic).

Sorry about the shameless promo, but this is one of the only forums I've found to help get word out.

Dan Lumley is one of the best (if not the best) punk rock drummers out there. I definitely encourage you to check out anything he's played on like Common Rider (This is Unity Music / Last Wave Rockers) or any of the Squirtgun records. Also, his drum work on Major Label Debut by Screeching Weasel is one of my favorites...
    edited June 2010
    BTW - for all you Playtesters out there, you can test-drive "Return to Blood Beach" for the next week... simply log in to your Creator account and check it out here:

http://creators.rockband.com/song/detail/1905
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Not only did I just buy the track, but this song gets the honor of being the 900th song added to my RB2 library (as if anyone cares lol).
  • MaxRenn82MaxRenn82 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Nice job on the song!

I'm a huge fan of the F13th series so it's cool to see a band give it the nod. I played it with my Jason Voorhees character, complete with the pink Flying-V from part 8. hehe
  • MaxRenn82MaxRenn82 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Oh you mentioned the Riverdales! I loved their album 'Invasion USA' with all the Mystery Science Theater 3000 references... classic! I need to check out their new album 'Tarantula'.
    edited July 2010
    Tarantula is really good too. The tunes that Vapid wrote are definitely some of his best.