Will we be able to play older DLC with the Keyboard?

KrS_OnEKrS_OnE Opening Act
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Also, what about pro guitar?

Comments

• SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited June 2010
    It's very unlikely that any Rock Band Network songs will be updated (they can't do any charting until we have a game and controller with which to test them). Harmonix DLC is up in the air last I heard.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I'm not sure we will ever get RBN songs with pro bass/guitar/keyboards.

It's already asking a lot to get RBN people to chart all the other stuff, but then charting ACTUAL TABS of songs... that's really difficult.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited June 2010
    You'll be able to play the existing guitar and bass parts using the keyboard, or with either of the fancy new guitars, but it doesn't sound like they're going to be recharting anything any time soon.
  • hugoballin88hugoballin88 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Doubtfull, but we shall see. Im gonna cross my fingers and hope we can.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    Since there's no way to "patch" RBN content, the answer is no.
  • malor89malor89 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Nathaniel607;3762903 said:
    I'm not sure we will ever get RBN songs with pro bass/guitar/keyboards.

It's already asking a lot to get RBN people to chart all the other stuff, but then charting ACTUAL TABS of songs... that's really difficult.
    PlasticAxe.com notes that a post on the Rock Band Network Creators says Harmonix plans to release an updated suite of RBN tools after Rock Band 3 comes out, which will include “very substantial improvements and enhancements to take advantage of the new gameplay features of Rock Band 3.”

So eventually RBN will be able to add pro mode, but whether or not the artists actual do remains to be seen. However, charting the pro mode might be as easy as just playing the song on a midi guitar and cleaning up the results.