Set of Three Drivin' N' Cryin' Songs Now Available!

MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I am pleased to announce that a set of three songs by legendary rockers Drivin' N' Cryin' is now available on the Rock Band Network. Included in this release are the following tracks:
  • Detroit City
  • I See Georgia
  • Let Me Down
Fun Facts about this release:
  • 4 Guitar solos
  • 2 Big Rock Endings
  • Over 16 minutes of music
  • “I See Georgia” is one of the first tracks to be released under the new formatting rules concerning Easy and Medium difficulties
  • Watch a video of lead singer Kevn Kinney scoring 51% on Detroit City. More footage to come in an upcoming film on the band.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ikf4TrbvA

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited June 2010
    YES! I have been waiting for these songs to officially hit the store. Picking them up now.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited June 2010
    I See Georgia is pretty damn awesome.....deff a must buy
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I bought I See Georgia and Let Me Down and I really enjoyed them both.
  • karmalordkarmalord Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Funny, Drivin N Cryin were one of my favorite bands of the early '90's.
    Although Im sure these songs are good,the songs that were all over the radio from them were Build a Fire and Fly Me Couragous then.
    edited June 2010
    karmalord;3768384 said:
    Funny, Drivin N Cryin were one of my favorite bands of the early '90's.
    Although Im sure these songs are good,the songs that were all over the radio from them were Build a Fire and Fly Me Couragous then.
    Yep, that was when I first got into the band... these songs are worth buying if you were a fan back then. Detroit is the weakest of the three, and Georgia is the best. Heck, Georgia should be a hit on the radio!
  • MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Sayburr;3769867 said:
    Heck, Georgia should be a hit on the radio!
    It is! Well, at least here in the South.

Indeed, it is a beautiful song.
    edited June 2010
    Mickstafa;3769992 said:
    It is! Well, at least here in the South.

Indeed, it is a beautiful song.
    I have not heard it in East Tennessee yet... but it is a great song. Maybe I will call and request it...
  • xXPM5KXxxXPM5KXx Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I must have missed something on how this band can be listed as "legendary". 12 albums spawning 5 singles with chart positions, all from 91 and 93. I guess its just me that tied the word Legendary with Famous, Successful and Popular.

But on the flip-side, though I wont be picking these up, its nice to see fans of Southern Rock more of this genre in the game. Another positive is finally getting the RBN out to older bands.
  • supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Mickstafa-
    Well done on the charting, and kudos to a fellow Paladin (I think I saw you were a Furman boy)! I'm from class of 95 there, and actually interviewed Kevn a few times when working at the station, and a few times since....

DNC put on there newsletter today they are considering adding Fly Me Courageous, Honeysuckly Blue, and Let's Go Dancing later in the year and asked for other wanted songs....With them being one of my all time favorite bands since I first heard them in 1989, please pass along a request for "The Friend Song"...Phenomenal track and one of my all time favorite songs...Kevn is probably the most underrated lyricist of the last 30 years
    edited June 2010
    Supersonic,

Cool, yeah I actually had a radio show at FU too! '99, myself.

There have been requests for some of the classic DNC material for Rock Band -- it's brewing.... :)
    edited June 2010
    Very cool, Mickstafa. Tell Kevn a "friend" from the past wants The Friend Song in the game, along with Honeysuckle, Fly Me, etc...
    edited June 2010
    You put more Drivin' n' Crying in the game and I will buy it the day it is released.
  • benson111benson111 Eater of Fine Cupcakes
    edited June 2010
    Sayburr;3776424 said:
    You put more Drivin' n' Crying in the game and I will buy it the day it is released.
    QFT. I would need some Build A Fire, Fly Me, and Honeysuckle Blue, nao please.
  • dementia32dementia32 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    So am I gonna be the only one to ask for "The Innocent" and "Straight To Hell?" I love those songs!

I have only downloaded "Detroit City" so far, but I will definitely be picking the others up soon.
    edited June 2010
    dementia32;3776565 said:
    So am I gonna be the only one to ask for "The Innocent" and "Straight To Hell?" I love those songs!

I have only downloaded "Detroit City" so far, but I will definitely be picking the others up soon.
    The other two are better songs.
  • dementia32dementia32 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Sayburr;3776634 said:
    That's the rumor and it only makes me look forward to them even more. When I purchased "Detroit City," I was really just jumping at the first DNC tune that I saw.
  • cjmoore8991cjmoore8991 Banned
    edited June 2010
    Fly Me Courageous please
    edited June 2010
    Sayburr;3776634 said:
    Totally disagree. I love I See Georgia and Let Me Down, but think Detroit City is by far the best. So different strokes for different folks
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    supersonic1414;3774931 said:
    Mickstafa-
    Well done on the charting
    Not really, at least not with Let Me Down on hard guitar. There are several double HOPOs on one fret. Sloppy charting, and especially sloppy testing. I can see how one such error can be missed, but this happens at least 4 times in the song.

I really liked the other two D'N'C songs, so this is quite dissappointing...
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited June 2010
    I have one of them, I think its Detroit City. I really like it. Good drum part.
    edited June 2010
    supersonic1414;3784115 said:
    Totally disagree. I love I See Georgia and Let Me Down, but think Detroit City is by far the best. So different strokes for different folks
    That is very true, music is about each individual person, there will NEVER be a song that is universally liked by everyone.
    edited June 2010
    Hey Mick, I'm loving the D'N'C songs and looking forward to more from them, but is there any chance of more Glass Hammer in the (near) future?
    edited June 2010
    You can expect more from many of the artists I work with actually: DNC (yes, we've been listening to your requests ;) ), Glass Hammer, Modern Skirts, Aittala, etc... :)
    edited June 2010
    Mickstafa;3798859 said:
    You can expect more from many of the artists I work with actually: DNC (yes, we've been listening to your requests ;) ), Glass Hammer, Modern Skirts, Aittala, etc... :)
    Awesome, thanks for the update! I love me some Glass Hammer.