RBN: Creed "Higher" Vocal Track

SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Evening everyone.

Just downloaded Creed "Higher" from the RBN. However, the vocal track seems extremely low for the entire song.

I usually have the vocal track a little lower as a rule, (and maxed it out for this song) but it still seems very low compared to the other RBN and RB songs that I have installed.

I rarely touch the vocal/sound/game settings so this song seems to be out of the ordinary.

Does this seem to be an issue for anyone else?

Thanks -

Sportzter

Comments

  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Volume wise? Or pitch/tone?
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Ah...sorry...used some ambiguous terms...

    Low as in volume. The song is great in terms of pitch/tone, just the volume of the vocal track seems what is problematic.

    I just did a test...
    When I play just the guitar without having the mic active, the vocals are good.
    When I play vocals, they are significantly drowned out by the guitar, even when I have the vocal track at max.

    Very Strange.

    I recently downloaded Ozzie, imported Greenday, and the RBN Bang Camaro vocal tracks are working like the rest of the RB Songs in the library. This one is the only one where I have to turn the vocals to max to really hear the track when singing.
  • dbacksfan7dbacksfan7 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Sportzter;3771051 said:
    This one is the only one where I have to turn the vocals to max to really hear the track when singing.

    Yes, I noticed the same. Sucks, but I'm glad we got this song period. Gotta turn up the volume a few clicks, but it's cool. Love this song :D
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I honestly didn't have a problem with the mix.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    RBN songs are simply going to be somewhat inconsistent due to the number of charters. Their audio setup is not the same as your audio setup.
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Sportzter, I've randomly had this kind of problem with both regular and RBN DLC. If you're on xbox try deleting the song from your hard drive and then re-downloading it. My theory is a tiny hiccup in downloading somehow affects playback volume of chart(s).

    But if everyone starts saying it's quiet, then it's probably the mix itself.
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    It definately is quiet. Still a good song, but it could be so much better.
  • Indie_GuyIndie_Guy Banned
    edited June 2010
    Seems Higher got lower.
    :$
  • EVIL DAVEEVIL DAVE Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Can't be worse than the Judas Priest live tracks, can it?
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, Higher is disappointing.....it's too bad that all the "big" songs on RBN seem to sound very poor (ie Semi Charmed Life) compared to most regular DLC, though the Judas Priest tracks were horrible.
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Im glad it was not just my system and other have had the same issues.

    I will try the delete and redownload option that was presented, just in case.

    As for the Semi-charmed. That is an abomination to the original. I would have much rather had a good cover than the 09 version of that song.

    Thanks for the Creed confirmation everyone. :)
  • FleshynutsFleshynuts Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    The only problem I have with Higher is the fact that the vocal charting is very cut off....ie charted notes aren't as long as what Scott is singing....highly annoying.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Indie_Guy;3773015 said:
    Seems Higher got lower.
    :$
    And once again Dante's bad puns strike again!
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I have to say that Creed's arrival in RB was very exciting. I couldn't believe just how lowsy they did with this track. You would figure that with the long wait we had before it came out that it would have been flawless. I really wish that they could fix not just the vocals but overhawl the whole track. I listened to "Higher" on cd yesterday right after playing it on RB and that alone proved just how bad it really was. A great band like Creed deserves to have a best quality of work done on their music. I wonder if they have heard the result? I never complain about tracks. I love 'em live and all of that. This however mad me kind of upset.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    bjyaritz;3796048 said:
    I have to say that Creed's arrival in RB was very exciting. I couldn't believe just how lowsy they did with this track. You would figure that with the long wait we had before it came out that it would have been flawless. I really wish that they could fix not just the vocals but overhawl the whole track. I listened to "Higher" on cd yesterday right after playing it on RB and that alone proved just how bad it really was. A great band like Creed deserves to have a best quality of work done on their music. I wonder if they have heard the result? I never complain about tracks. I love 'em live and all of that. This however mad me kind of upset.
    This is why it amazes me that these bands were not charted by HMX..... I realize there is much more to it than this, but I still find it amazing...
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    aggiesrul8;3796201 said:
    This is why it amazes me that these bands were not charted by HMX..... I realize there is much more to it than this, but I still find it amazing...
    Or at least have it done professionally. I hope that they redo this track.
Sign In or Register to comment.