Playstation Plus???

Northern_BlitzNorthern_Blitz Opening Act
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Any word on whether Playstation plus allows for the RBN on PS3?

EDIT: I guess I should clairify a little bit here. I don't care about uploading to RBN. If XBOX live remains the only way to do that I'd be OK...BUT, I'm hoping that the entire RBN library becomes accessable either through PS-Plus, or because the $$ charged will go to upgrading the existing PSN.

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    How exactly would it do that? It's not the same as the XNA.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    You do realize next to nothing about it has been announced right?
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    edited June 2010
    ....although, if one of these "benifits" is an XNA equivalent, I might just be getting it. I know Sony must have something bigger than Cross-Game voice chat and Cloud Storafe up their sleeves if they plan on charging $50/year
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    TubaDude49;3774254 said:
    ....although, if one of these "benifits" is an XNA equivalent, I might just be getting it. I know Sony must have something bigger than Cross-Game voice chat and Cloud Storafe up their sleeves if they plan on charging $50/year
    Or not...I mean, they charged $600 for a system that only recently developed a catalog of software and that only now is capable of something more than just being an low cost option to play blu-ray movies(and that was quite a gamble at the time since HD video discs were still a viable option). I'm guessin when it launches it will simply be overpriced and stupid...maybe a year or two after it MIGHT be worth the then reduced fee...
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    $50 a year is expensive?
    Dude you are poor then!
  • TealjbodyTealjbody Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    They might not be able to allow authoring, but they might be able to do an update when ever the hell they feel like.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    PSN+ is nothing close to what XNA is
    its just a subscription for extra content and privilages
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Which is odd to me. Here's the way I see it:

$50 Xbox Live for 1 Year: Play online, chat with friends, get game content and game demos early.

$50 PSN Plus for 1 Year: Get game content and demos early, lose that content if you don't continue to pay subscription fee.

There's got to be something else they haven't announced for it.
    edited June 2010
    Kariodude;3774785 said:

$50 Xbox Live for 1 Year: Play online, chat with friends, get game content and game demos early.

$50 PSN Plus for 1 Year: Get game content and demos early, lose that content if you don't continue to pay subscription fee.

From what I understand, you get all the PSN games for free, having access to the entire library, provided you keep up with the membership.

Personally, I prefer content that doesn't expire
  • drag_racerdrag_racer Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Kariodude;3774785 said:

But take that Play Online part out of the Xbox Live one and there's not much there. What is free right now on PS3 will remain free (including online play), and you are just paying for extra content.

Qore is also included which I find fairly convenient for staying up to date on some of the new and upcoming games (it has a list of ALL movies and ps3 games coming out for that month with release dates), and getting a preview of them. A 1-year subscription to Qore is $20-$25 I think
    edited June 2010
    Kariodude;3774785 said:

$50 PSN Plus for 1 Year: Get game content and demos free, lose that content if you don't continue to pay subscription fee.

Look at the edit, as well as many other things such as Cloud Storage. I'm not completely sold though, I'm happy as long as I still get the stuff I have and Steam
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Also, no one who uses the internet with any frequency pays $50 for the Xbox Live subscription. I haven't paid more than $30 for it for the past three years. It's like the people that claim that Xbox DLC is a penny more expensive when it's actually much (10%) cheaper than PS3 DLC if you are vigilant.