I See Georgia...

RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
did these authors get the memo early or make a mistake leaving that orange note in the medium guitar track?

(I play everything on medium first to listen to it. I am not complaining because it messed me up)

I just found it funny that I only read about the new charting rules today and then there was an orange note in this song.

Comments

• MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    The new authoring rules are in effect immediately. I See Georgia was in fact the first song to have been approved with the new standards. Over the next month or so expect to see a mix of old/new rule-abiding songs. Only songs that require a new Magma build are required to follow the new guidelines so we're going to be in a transition period for a while.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Mithin;3771954 said:
    The new authoring rules are in effect immediately. I See Georgia was in fact the first song to have been approved with the new standards. Over the next month or so expect to see a mix of old/new rule-abiding songs. Only songs that require a new Magma build are required to follow the new guidelines so we're going to be in a transition period for a while.
    That is awesome. I welcome some orange slipped into my medium It will keep me alert.
  • MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Mithin speaks the truth -- When the final version of I See Georgia went up for final review, it was the same day that the New Standard was put into effect and so the song *required* the blue and orange notes in Medium and Easy. :)
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited June 2010
    RealMessiah;3771941 said:
    I just found it funny that I only read about the new charting rules today and then there was an orange note in this song.
    The RBN Authors have known about it for a little bit longer than "today".
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Sayburr;3772551 said:
    The RBN Authors have known about it for a little bit longer than "today".
    Holy crap. You don't say? You "always informative" nickname really shines in that post.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited June 2010
    RealMessiah;3772652 said:
    Holy crap. You don't say? You "always informative" nickname really shines in that post.
    Yep, always right on top of everything...

HMX announced on June 8 that from that day forward no song could be submitted without the use of the new authoring standards that were posted to the Creator's Network webpage. This particular song had just been pulled to do corrections, if I remember correctly, to something very minor that had nothing to do with the carts, but in order to resubit the song it had to be recharted to fit the new standards. So "I See Georgia" was in the right place at the right time to use the new authoring standards, or maybe it was the wrong place at the wrong time to be able to be grandfathered in under the old standards.

.....better?