YOU decide the songs for the next review group 6/16 pt 2

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Here's the deal. Each friday I start a playtest/review group that agrees to do a song from each reviewer.

The goal is that each person does the song from everyone else's list to help get a group of songs through and into the store, instead of all of us just hitting songs willy nilly.

This has been pretty popular, AND it's getting the unknown bands in front of more people.

I'll post a poll that will run until Friday. One with the highest votes I'll use as my choice.

Though honestly all the songs are very solid, and any one of them would make a kick ass addition to the store(hopefully all of them will be soon, but I digress).

Big Deal by Hourcast
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&ref%5F=nb%5Fss%5Fdmusic&field-keywords=Big+Deal+Hourcast&url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music

Difference by Rivethead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SNe0njqYE4

Hey Satomia by The Bungles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7wUcdHLJP0

Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA52uNzx7Y4

Flesh Pull by Mystic Syntax
http://www.myspace.com/mysticsyntax/music/playlists

Comments

• axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    the first three for me
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited June 2010
    HOLY COW EIFFEL 65?!?!?!?!?!

Those of you who don't pick them are insane. This song is incredible.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    Get Blue approved so it's ready to go as soon as RB3 hits.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Omg lol blue
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited June 2010
    haha! Blue! That is awesome! :D
  • DJPookaDJPooka Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Blue?!?!?!?!? Oh for the love of all that's holy!

I'm gonna have that stuck in my head for months again. Crap.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2010
    To me Blue is a waste of a vote since it can't be released for 4.5+ months. Yes the drum/bass/vocals can be tested but focus is better on a song that we will actually see this year.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    im blue da bade ba dae :D
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited June 2010
    Casto21;3773006 said:
    To me Blue is a waste of a vote since it can't be released for 4.5+ months. Yes the drum/bass/vocals can be tested but focus is better on a song that we will actually see this year.
    Why can't it be released for 4.5+ months??
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2010
    overdriveguitarman;3773038 said:
    Why can't it be released for 4.5+ months??
    Ozone isn't going to release it til he can chart the Keys. That functionality isn't coming to RBN til after RB3, assuming that it does come. So best case is November sometime.
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    "Blue". That is freakin' awesome!
    Ozone isn't going to release it til he can chart the Keys. That functionality isn't coming to RBN til after RB3, assuming that it does come. So best case is November sometime

Well poo.

I can wait, and it's still awesome.
    That and I had voted on the poll before reading the thread. :p
  • rocdaddiorocdaddio Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    The song HEY SATOMI is incredibly cool and original, just what Rock Band needs. Though I love the popular "commercial" stuff, this tune has some really interesting rhythms and textures, including odd time signatures, which keeps the game fresh and prevents it from becoming just another mainstream "tool" to shove radio music down our throats. Also, the video (linked) is totally original and it is sung by a 13 year-old girl with a kick-ass voice! Anyways, just thought I'd put in my 2 cents. Best to all the gamers out there who also love great music...
    rocdaddio
  • jfarrarjfarrar Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    1 for Hey Satomi here!
  • notechartersnotecharters Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Yay, Hey Satomi!!

(Please keep that Blue song away from me!)
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    This week is stacked, every one is awesome :eek:

Which is tough for me since I only vote for 1... Difference gets my vote I guess, but I hope all of those make it to the store soon so I can buy them :p
  • edited June 2010
    Sort of a waste to playtest a song which can't possibly debut for another 5 months. (And still needs pro keys charts added)

Give the review time to a lesser known band which would ordinarily struggle to find reviewers.

Blue will be awesome and garner tons of reviews when it is ready.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I'd prefer these other songs get higher priority than Blue at this point.

But by this weekend I should have the real guitar part up in Creators for people who want to help get everything sans keyboard ready for the Fall. :)
  • Johnny StaccatoJohnny Staccato Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    The Mystic Syntax song is pretty cool and unusual...but would also benefit from a synth chart, I think.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited June 2010
    EIFFEL 65 is in playtest?!?!?!?! holy jebus do that one do that one.....whos the author?

EDIT: nevermind i should read the rest of the thread before having a nerdgasm
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited June 2010
    Wow, Hey Satomia by The Bungles got a butt ton of votes.

Looks like we have a winner, and the next poll will be up same time next week.
  • bwschulzebwschulze Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    noble;3780177 said:
    Wow, Hey Satomia by The Bungles got a butt ton of votes.

Looks like we have a winner, and the next poll will be up same time next week.
    It could be that some voters thought it was The Bangles or Mr. Bungle and didn't watch the link you had. I voted for it because it seemed catchy. I also voted for "Flesh Pull", so I was at both ends of the spectrum.

Oh, and don't look up "flesh pull" on youtube. Not pretty.