Christian Rock Band

AirForceEliteAirForceElite Unsigned
edited August 2010 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I have come up with a list of ten Christian songs of each difficulty and have found that several people said they would buy it if it came out. I know Churches would definitely get it because teens and kids love rock band so a Christian rock band would fit perfectly there. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone thinks this might be a good idea. I can show you my song list if you would like to see it.

Comments

• NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776039 said:
    I have come up with a list of ten Christian songs of each difficulty and have found that several people said they would buy it if it came out. I know Churches would definitely get it because teens and kids love rock band so a Christian rock band would fit perfectly there. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone thinks this might be a good idea. I can show you my song list if you would like to see it.
    A game with ten songs and the implicit pretense of moral superiority based on the religious beliefs of the musicians involved? Uh, no thank you.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited June 2010
    There's already Christian rock as DLC so it's not like it's being ignored. All requests go in the "Ultimate Setlist" section of the forums. Yes Harmonix Devs do read and take notes. I suggest you take your list and post it there.
  • AirForceEliteAirForceElite Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    well thats fine. other people can bring in their religion if they want. They can compile a list of their own songs and ask about it. I just think they could make a lot of money from this idea. I have alot of songs i'd love to see on rock band but just wont show up unless a completely seperate volume was made.
  • PNT510PNT510 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Well it's not that big of a can of worms. Back at Easter time they released a handful of Christian rock songs as DLC. I don't see a whole Christian rock band ever being made maybe more DLC or some stuff on RBN, but not a dedicated game.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited June 2010
    wickedbadz;3776043 said:
    No offense but bringing religious music into a game would open a can of worms a company probably doesn't want to open. If you allowed chrisian music then you'd need to allow music of other religions to be fair. I just don't think from a companies persepective it'd be something they'd have a desire to do, but hey, everyone swore there would never be any country either so you just never know. ;)
    I think labeling it as Christian is where they'd start to get some flak. There was a "Christian band" week a while back, which was in no way stated that it was, and it actually had a lot of really good music in it. I'm all for releasing the music, but yeah, labeling it explicitly as "the Christian game" would not go over well. It's the same reason things are "winter this" and "winter that" and not "Christmas whatever" anymore. This society is psychotic.
    edited June 2010
    @numskull
    Not ten songs. Ten Songs per difficulty. Ten Easy, Ten Medium, Ten hard, Ten Challenging, and Ten Nightmare songs. 50 Songs Total. None of them are based on moral superiority either. many people already listen to some of the songs and dont even realize they are christian.
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776049 said:
    I have alot of songs i'd love to see on rock band but just wont show up unless a completely seperate volume was made.
    And why is that? What makes these selections of yours immune to release via the regular DLC method? If you think the religious content is what prevents that from happening, think again. We got Spirit in the Sky on the RB2 disc, didn't we?
    edited June 2010
    okay well there are simply too many and some are just ignored
    edited June 2010
    as i said i can post the list if you would like to see it.
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776053 said:
    @numskull
    Not ten songs. Ten Songs per difficulty.
    Ah! I read it too hastily. Entirely my fault.
    Ten Easy, Ten Medium, Ten hard, Ten Challenging, and Ten Nightmare songs. 50 Songs Total.
    That's not the official terminology, but now I'm splitting hairs.
    None of them are based on moral superiority either. many people already listen to some of the songs and dont even realize they are christian.
    Then why do you think they warrant a separate game? There would be vastly more risk and expense attached to doing it that way.
  • PNT510PNT510 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Have you tried posting them in ultimate set list yet? They can't really be ignored if you never come out and say what you want.
    edited June 2010
    they warrant a separate game because they are a set at different difficulties that are cohesive in themselves and would make a lot more money sold together on one cd.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Let's see we have:
    Flyleaf
    Kutless
    P.O.D.
    Skillet
    Superchic
    Switchfoot
    and others.

I think Rockband has made a good start in this direction. The songs sell well enough that it's reasonable to believe that others will follow.
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776057 said:
    as i said i can post the list if you would like to see it.
    There are actually official mediums to submit song requests through. I'm guessing you might not be aware of them due to being new here, but this might help, and you could find support posting in the right places. The developers have said time and again that they do check everything submitted, and they do get taken into account when pursuing songs, but don't be discouraged as the process of receiving a submission and getting the song to the store is a very long process.

Song request:
    http://www.rockband.com/request

Forum section for the same to make threads in instead of just submitting a single song at a time:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    edited June 2010
    I actually have over 35 bands on my list most popular but some that arent really listened to much, like Theocracy and Majestic Vanguard.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776061 said:
    they warrant a separate game because they are a set at different difficulties that are cohesive in themselves and would make a lot more money sold together on one cd.
    They warrant a seperate game in your mind. And no they wouldn't. They make a lot more money $2 a song as dlc than $1 a song in a game.

And who knows? it could take a while but all the songs you want could be in as DLC over time.

All in all, just post the list in the ultimate setlist section.
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776061 said:
    I'm not so sure they would make money like that. Guitar Praise, which was poorly executed, didn't do so well. Instead of relegating this music to a labeled ghetto, place them in the mainstream. That way more people will have the opportunity to listen to the messages that these songs are trying to convey.

If christian artists truly want there voices to be heard in Rock Band, there is always the RBN path. The artists could them charge a minimum fee to players and get heard.
    edited June 2010
    I don't own the game. My church does. My Church doesnt download songs. which presents a slight problem for me using dlc
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776065 said:
    I actually have over 35 bands on my list most popular but some that arent really listened to much, like Theocracy and Majestic Vanguard.
    Theocracy? Somebody actually named a band after one of the worst ideas the human race has ever produced in its thousands upon thousands of years of existence? Wow. No wonder they "aren't really listened to much." I wouldn't want to listen to a band named Theocracy any more than I would want to listen to a band named Pedophilia or Genocide.
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776072 said:
    I don't own the game. My church does. My Church doesnt download songs. which presents a slight problem for me using dlc
    Ah, that's where the problem comes from. You should talk to whoever's in charge of it and let them know that there are actually a number of Christian and/or positive songs that are available for download if there's a way of getting an internet connection to it and having an account to download through.
    edited June 2010
    Numskull;3776075 said:
    Theocracy? Somebody actually named a band after one of the worst ideas the human race has ever produced in its thousands upon thousands of years of existence? Wow. No wonder they "aren't really listened to much." I wouldn't want to listen to a band named Theocracy any more than I would want to listen to a band named Pedophilia or Genocide.
    So let me get this straight, Genocide is bad, but Megadeth and Slayer are good. Your gonna hang yourself on your double standards some day if your not careful.
    edited June 2010
    I talked to my church they dont have the wi-fi required for dlc. Im sure many churches dont allow access to the internet for good reasons. especially in the teen and kid areas of the church.
  • JRDBlackDragonJRDBlackDragon Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    lvmathemagician;3776082 said:
    So let me get this straight, Genocide is bad, but Megadeth and Slayer are good. Your gonna hang yourself on your double standards some day if your not careful.
    never compare Genocide to those 2 :mad:

:D
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776084 said:
    I talked to my church they dont have the wi-fi required for dlc. Im sure many churches dont allow access to the internet for good reasons. especially in the teen and kid areas of the church.
    Do they have a wired connection, though? Or could they drag the console to the person in charge's house for a night while they load the system up with approved songs and bring it back to the church the next day? There's plenty of workarounds, and while I actually enjoy a lot of this music, I honestly don't see it coming in disc form unless grouped in coincidentally in a Track Pack that ended up containing a lot of non-Christian music as well.
    edited June 2010
    I know a lot of people who can't buy rock band because of some of the content. If they can't buy the game, how do they get dlc? I think sales of a game with Christian music on it would do very well. Even the people I know who listen to screamo and stuff said they would buy this.
  • lucaspaul22lucaspaul22 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    I'm an Atheist. So I don't support this idea.
    edited June 2010
    AirForceElite;3776093 said:
    I know a lot of people who can't buy rock band because of some of the content. If they can't buy the game, how do they get dlc? I think sales of a game with Christian music on it would do very well. Even the people I know who listen to screamo and stuff said they would buy this.
    There's Lego Rock Band, which caters to the E10 crowd (though has a couple of slightly questionable songs in it), and has a filter in place that only "family friendly" rated DLC songs can be accessed in the game.
    edited June 2010
    they dont really have internet all in this half of the church. The guy who runs the activities doesnt know how to work it. he just puts it in the room then whoever wants to play it hooks it up.
    edited June 2010
    lolz my friends reject the idea of lego rock band and band hero.

@lucaspaul22
    you wouldn't have to get the game if you don't want to. I'm just saying it is alot of good music that goes together on a disc because it's related and made as a set.
    edited June 2010
    lvmathemagician;3776082 said:
    After you learn the difference between your and you're, point out the post in which I said that Megadeth and Slayer are "good."