Only 4 People On Stage At A Time?

AvengingAtomAvengingAtom Unsigned
edited June 2010 in Rock Band
Looks that way... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Rockband3-gameplay.jpg Sad. I wanted to see All 5 instruments at a time... :(

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    They've said the 4 people were only for the demo.
  • TheRainbowTroutsTheRainbowTrouts Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    5 instruments?

There is only 4 and 3x Vocals. You can have 7 people total (3 vox, 1 guitar, 1 bass, 1 drums, 1 keyboard)

Your image even shows that (minus harmonies)
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited June 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3778200 said:
    Who said that? I'd be happy if that were confirmed.
    edited June 2010
    TheRainbowTrouts;3778205 said:
    5 instruments?

There is only 4 and 3x Vocals. You can have 7 people total (3 vox, 1 guitar, 1 bass, 1 drums, 1 keyboard)

Your image even shows that (minus harmonies)
    Now try looking at the background.
  • AvengingAtomAvengingAtom Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Great! Now what. There's nothing else to complain about in rock band 3!
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    3 is my least favorite number!
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    At one point during yesterday''s HMX stage demo, in conjunction with an unforeseen mishap, it was stated that the game was still in development.

We'll have to wait an see just how this one plays out.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited June 2010
    Plutarch;3778226 said:
    3 is my least favorite number!
    But 1 is the loneliest number!
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited June 2010
    davidshek;3778277 said:
    But 1 is the loneliest number!
    I had no idea someone was actually going to beat me to that >:(

Three Dog Night for DLC anyone?

I'm still confused about the whole 7 player thing. Lips is technically more than 2 players but it doesn't really count. Stop pretending it's 7 players! AAGH D:
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited June 2010
    Any references for that? If not, no big deal. I do totally believe you on this because, well, they're still working on the game. :)

I hope they get 5 people on screen. If it's impossible for whatever technical reason (I've heard people wondering about frame rate drops), then that's okay I guess, but I hope they let us pick who shows up on screen. I will be disappointed if the bassist is forced to not show up. In my particular band, at least, he's the frickin' leader and one of the co-founders of the band.
  • Pime_Taradox234Pime_Taradox234 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
  • Rob_RevivingRob_Reviving Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    It would be weird to play keyboard and not have your dude on the stage.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited June 2010
    Rob_Reviving;3778496 said:
    It would be weird to play keyboard and not have your dude on the stage.
    That could be said for bass/guitar too.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure they're not going to author five different types of camera cuts for every combination of band members for every song.
    edited June 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3778605 said:
    I'm pretty sure they're not going to author five different types of camera cuts for every combination of band members for every song.
    What?

They author one.

Otherwise tell me all the combinations we have in Rock Band 2.

Guitar.
    Bass.
    Vocals.
    Drums.

Guitar + Bass.
    Guitar + Vocals.
    Guitar + Drums.
    Bass + Vocals.
    Bass + Drums.
    Vocals + Drums.

Guitar + Bass + Vocals.
    Guitar + Bass + Drums.
    Bass + Vocals + Drums.
    Drums + Vocals + Guitars

Guitar + Bass + Drums + Vocals.

You really think they author differently for these? No.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited June 2010
    Which is why I think that the final version will have all five members on-stage at once. What you see at E³ is a work in progress.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    no one notices the bass player anyways...........

xD

nah, on topic, it is a big deal, but its still a work in progress, i hope hmx can pull this through, imagine the lead player and 2 other vocalist in the background, while the drummer and bass player rocking around while the keyboard play his tune, and the vocalist and the guitarst make an awesome duet.

epic.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Beeb;3778364 said:

Three Dog for DLC anyone?

We need the Fallout 3 soundtrack for DLC, including Three Dog's repetitive lines.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    Beeb;3778364 said:
    Three Dog Night for DLC anyone?
    Yes, that would be great.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited June 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3778631 said:
    no one notices the bass player anyways...........

xD

nah, on topic, it is a big deal, but its still a work in progress, i hope hmx can pull this through, imagine the lead player and 2 other vocalist in the background, while the drummer and bass player rocking around while the keyboard play his tune, and the vocalist and the guitarst make an awesome duet.

epic.
    They don't need specific backing vocals animated. Normally the other band members do it, which would be great if they lip synced to more proper times.
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    jeccaneko;3778476 said:
    Any references for that? If not, no big deal. I do totally believe you on this because, well, they're still working on the game. :)

I hope they get 5 people on screen. If it's impossible for whatever technical reason (I've heard people wondering about frame rate drops), then that's okay I guess, but I hope they let us pick who shows up on screen. I will be disappointed if the bassist is forced to not show up. In my particular band, at least, he's the frickin' leader and one of the co-founders of the band.
    Didn't GH:A have five people on screen? Even though that was early 2008 and the animations were a little dull back then.. but its still five people dammit!
    edited June 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3778622 said:
    Which is why I think that the final version will have all five members on-stage at once. What you see at E³ is a work in progress.
    Oh, I get what you're saying now, my bad.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I hope 5 characters are on screen, it'll make it more lively on stage, and more different group animations.
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Actually, I hope we can set the number of band members, just so we can create power trios like Rush.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited June 2010
    Beeb;3778364 said:
    I'm still confused about the whole 7 player thing. Lips is technically more than 2 players but it doesn't really count. Stop pretending it's 7 players! AAGH D:
    What do you mean pretending? There is guitar, bass, drums, lead vocals, keyboards, and (sometimes) 2 harmony parts. If your saying that the harmony parts don't count, they do. If there is 7 people playing the game with each having their own individual instrument, then there is 7 players playing the game.
  • Viral CheeseViral Cheese Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    You know what? If they let me tag my guitarist as the lead vocalist as well (so he's playing and singing at the same time), I'm good with only 4 band members on stage. :D
  • ShadowChaosControlShadowChaosControl Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    i'm really hoping for just 5 characters on screen, with the guitarist, bassist, or keyboardist singing for the harmonies