Would You Buy A Solo Piano Song

TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
As the title says, would you buy a track that has solely a keyboard part? My friend has an amazing track to play(I'll work on posting a sample later) and it would definetly be a challenge on pro mode.
And to clear some things up...
-Guitar and Bass players don't get left out, as they can play whatever parts of the keyboard I chart to each of them to keep them occupied
-I plan on charting the pedal to the kick drum, so that the keyboardist can play both parts simealtaneously, to simulate the real track.
So would you buy it, if it was truly as epic as I claim?
"The Hockey Theme" went for a dollar, and was practically a solo drum song, and it did fine.

Comments

• rdm99rdm99 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I would buy some songs from the score of Lost just to play the keyboard part...
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Pianos have three pedals, and they're not used rhythmically.

(Well, outside avant-garde contexts, at least!)

- m
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Let's get 4' 33" by John Cage!!!!

Seriously, though, I would totally get a solo piano song. I'm a solo keyboardist myself, so I could simulate that by voxboarding the song. :D
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    There are a lot of piano/vocal songs I would love to purchase. It all depends on how it sounds, I suppose.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I'm actually considering signing a local artist to my label to do some piano/vocal music for RBN. So I'm totally up for some of this appearing in the store.

The more variety and experimental stuff appearing in the RBN, the better. This is the perfect platform for bringing new stuff to music games.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    I need something with the keyboard to compliment it so...

Option 1.) Find a good guitarist (he (or she) has to play the way that the sound rips through the air and rattles your mind powerful and deep) and have him (or her) do a dueling solo with the piano in the solo section of the song and together on the chorus.

Option 2.) Find a singer or have the pianist sing and make it piano bar style

Option 3.) A nice Trumpet playing along with it

Option 4.) Some bongos
    etc.
  • jtrousdjtrousd Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    rdm99;3779162 said:
    i would buy some songs from the score of lost just to play the keyboard part...
    this, this, this, and more this!
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    jtrousd;3781267 said:
    this, this, this, and more this!
    Yes, I also agree.

And if it's as epic as you claim, hell yeah i'd buy it. I'm usually just a solo player so it wouldn't matter to me. Doubt it would get much play at parties though.
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    For the right song you betcha!
  • SomethingWithPeachesSomethingWithPeaches Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    a lot of (well some) death metal bands have great piano melodies to make them seem less scary.

example? "The Water Book" by Persefone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB2WbgmAUHs
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    If I could I would sign up Marc Cohn's "Walking In Memphis", as that is very piano/vocal oriented, even if it isn't very rock.

But yeah, I'm all for piano rock songs.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Moonlight Sonata

That'd be about it though...
  • _jhsa__jhsa_ Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Yes I would, but after RB3 and keyboard support. At the moment I don't think it's a good idea to chart keyboard to guitar (playing Queen's Somebody to love felt so wrong) now that we know what's coming in RB3. Funny thing is, it didn't feel this way before.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    General Lein979;3779998 said:
    I need something with the keyboard to compliment it so...
    Option 3.) A nice Trumpet playing along with it

etc.
    I'm not a big fan of trumpets, but now that you say that, I might play some tuba myself for the recording and try to lay down a drum beat that works.
    I'll put the preview up soon
    edited July 2010
    _jhsa_;3786324 said:
    Yes I would, but after RB3 and keyboard support. At the moment I don't think it's a good idea to chart keyboard to guitar (playing Queen's Somebody to love felt so wrong) now that we know what's coming in RB3. Funny thing is, it didn't feel this way before.
    I would not think of trying it prior to release
    edited July 2010
    Update: Sorry, scratch that, the artist just texted me saying that on second thought, he doesn't want his song on Rock Band
  • omgtkkyb1992omgtkkyb1992 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    With Piano AND Vocals we could get Regina Spektor Huzzah
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited July 2010
    Keyvox would be a lot of fun on songs like "Your Song", "Candle in the Wind", and stuff by Sara Barellias for example.

Or Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis...the list goes on and on.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    My friend made up a really cool piano song. I'll talk to her about it. :)
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    For the right song, yep. I've already got a solo guitar song (Upstream by Cory Wong from the RBN).
  • Buffdog18Buffdog18 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    I would have to see and hear the song before buying it.
  • Givem2meGivem2me Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I'd buy Axel F in a heartbeat if it hit RBN. Probably some good classical stuff I'd buy too.