Ozone Entertainment needs your opinion!

TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
EDIT: This thread is regarding "Go Go Power Rangers" by Ron Wasserman

Hey Rockers,

So now I have a simple question for you people:

Hypothetically, let's say I'm a couple signatures and licensing fee payments away from securing the rights to music from a certain 90's children's television show. However, the master recordings were not in the best of conditions, as in, they may not be able to be formatted into stems for Rock Band.

Would you be opposed to brand new, hi-fi versions of this music recorded by the original artist for use in the Rock Band Network, or do you feel this would tarnish your connection to the original recordings and rather they not be done?

This is all hypothetical of course. ;)

Comments

• YoKozoYoKozo Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Big PR fan here, and I would love to have the original recording if possible, but if it's not gonna be up to the best quality, a re-recording would do just fine. "Fight Back" was excellent, so I have faith that a newly recorded version from Ron would be great, or perhaps even greater. I'm sure even he would like it to sound as close as possible to what it was before so I trust he'll put the effort in making it sound awesome.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    if it can be done in any way, just get it done

i dont think people will complain if the masters have to be redone for this
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    GraphicMang;3779792 said:
    I'm sure either will be great
    but what would be epic is this version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7xstjQ9RnM
    from the movie YEAHA!
    Fun Fact: Ron was not involved in that version at all.

Ron actually told me a fun story about the recording session for that.
  • ReygnierReygnier Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I want you to know that I'm buying a Xbox 360 just to play this as soon as it gets released.

I got faith that Ron will make it sound just like the original.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Reygnier;3779931 said:
    I want you to know that I'm buying a Xbox 360 just to play this as soon as it gets released.

I got faith that Ron will make it sound just like the original.
    Don't buy it just yet. Remember hiccups can happen, so wait until it eventually appears in Playtesting (which could take a while with finishing the licensing, looking into the original masters' condition, and possibly re-recording).

Trust me, I didn't want to get the hype machine running full steam yet. But Ron asked me to get your opinion since we hit the snag regarding the stems. So everyone don't freak out yet. When you see "Go Go Power Rangers (v1) has been submitted for Playtesting" THEN you can go crazy.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3779695 said:
    Ron asked me to post this poll, and I've got paperwork literally in my possession that's only missing my signature.

So...yeah. Ron wants to know if you guys want a re-record or if you'd rather have "original version or nothing at all".
    Oh you're good then unless if you loose both your arms. So to finnally answer the question Re-record as close the original as possible is good (you can edit it a to make it more enjoyable just don't change the overall feel).
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3779677 said:
    You know what? Screw hiding what it is. I'll just outright say it since I doubt the artist cares whether or not I give it away now.

I opened up E3 with a big announcement of "Blue (Da Ba Dee).

I'm closing it by announcing I've almost finished acquiring the rights for "Go Go Power Rangers".

Happy E3 everyone.
    If this goes through, you'll literally be my favorite RBN authoring company. :D I love Blue (Da Ba Dee) and the Power Rangers anthem will be great. I'll definitely take a re-record.
  • --terrorisly--terrorisly Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    If you can't get the original, then I'll be perfectly happy with a rerecord. But this is exciting :D
  • YoKozoYoKozo Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    You know, Ron's other songs used for the fighting scenes in MMPR would be an absolutely great addition to RBN as well. I'm guessing that might have to be re-recorded though, but I think the theme song alone is satisfying enough.
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Firebird by Buckethead (Power Rangers the Movie) would be a dream for me to Author too. *SHOT*
  • Flame95Flame95 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    No problems with a rerecord, if people don't like the rerecord they don't have to buy it. Just make sure you tag it as Go Go Power Rangers '10 or something :P
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Backing this fully. Re-record away!
  • Die-Guitar-HeroDie-Guitar-Hero Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    please don't call it '10 or even mention re-record. If it is impossible to get the master, then this version becomes the definitive version and should be treated as such. the new album art will reflect that it is not the original version, but it's so much less cool to me (and WAY less cool to the general population) when they see RERECORD stamped all over it. Just tell ol' Ronny to be as close to the original as possible. When you are dealing with nostalgia pieces (which this most surely is) you are playing into the listeners memory. If you change too much the nostalgic experience is lost to a jarring of the brain, especially for vocalists! Still, this is VERY exciting news.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I'm cool with whatever version we'll get, but I've got one concern: please use a Power Rangers artwork, and if this is not possible at least any artwork with Ron's name it.

We got several soundtrack songs from HMX (Promised Land, Accidentally in Love, Kids in America...) and they are all missing an artwork which looks crappy.

THX
    edited June 2010
    Pankrazzo;3780118 said:
    I'm cool with whatever version we'll get, but I've got one concern: please use a Power Rangers artwork, and if this is not possible at least any artwork with Ron's name it.

We got several soundtrack songs from HMX (Promised Land, Accidentally in Love, Kids in America...) and they are all missing an artwork which looks crappy.

THX

Yes, even just the Power Rangers logo would be awesome!
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Just as I figured...this poll is ridiculously one sided. I'd be perfectly happy with a re-record as long as they stick to the original as much as possible.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited June 2010
    I'd love to have a re-recording of the My Little Pony theme!

:D
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    if they are the same artist, yeah why not..... but if you can still work with the original would be better.
  • MuffinFliegerMuffinFlieger Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    This would be AWESOME! Even if it'd be a Re-Record, I wouldn't mind it much anyway. Also, seeing as the original artist(s) seem to be very sensitive about their work, I think it's guaranteed that they'll produce a re-record which is as epic, if not even more epic that the original.
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited June 2010
    I will DEFINITELY take a re-record if the original is not usable! Please try to get this song in any way you can!!! :D
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    The only thing I beg of you is to make sure it has SOME KIND OF ALBUM ART! I'm one of "those people" that has OCD about my collections being all nice and pretty...and to me RBN songs without album art are like used games without boxart (or a manual)

But if the only way to get a very certain song is with a re-record. Then by jove why are you wasting time here!?
  • BonzoBonzo Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I would highly prefer the original, but would be ok with a re-record as long as it stays true to the original as much as possible, this is our childhood you're dealing with.

I would love the movie version too, by The Power Rangers Orchestra. Surely those masters must be in good condition. The drum track on that one is awesome.

And any other Power Rangers fight song would be sweet too, "Go Green Ranger Go", "Go Gold Ranger", "Invincible", etc...
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I would like them as long as they are done right. A good example are the Third Eye Blind songs. A bad example is the re-recording of Hair of the Dog.
  • Flame95Flame95 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Die-Guitar-Hero;3780116 said:
    please don't call it '10 or even mention re-record. If it is impossible to get the master, then this version becomes the definitive version and should be treated as such. the new album art will reflect that it is not the original version, but it's so much less cool to me (and WAY less cool to the general population) when they see RERECORD stamped all over it. Just tell ol' Ronny to be as close to the original as possible. When you are dealing with nostalgia pieces (which this most surely is) you are playing into the listeners memory. If you change too much the nostalgic experience is lost to a jarring of the brain, especially for vocalists! Still, this is VERY exciting news.

The reason I say to tag it as a rerecord is to stop all these gits on the forum moaning about how 'HMX misled' them or some rubbish like that.
    edited June 2010
    And dude when they come here to moan we can tell every single one of them that Ozone Ent did the absolute best that they could and it was this or nothing.
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Ozone, i will be giving you the deed to my freedom when i end up seeing you. Congradulations, you now own a slave.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I'm kind of curious now: would it be a one-minute version like the actual TV opener (with the only lyrics being "Go go Power Rangers, you Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers") or the 3-4 minute one from the Power Rangers Rock & Roll Adventure CD that has lots of lyrics ("noooo ooooone can ever take them down, the power lies on their si-E-i-E-i-E-iiiiiiide")
  • KudoKudo Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Re-record if it must be done.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    kiggidykev;3781029 said:
    Yeah, I'm kind of curious now: would it be a one-minute version like the actual TV opener (with the only lyrics being "Go go Power Rangers, you Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers") or the 3-4 minute one from the Power Rangers Rock & Roll Adventure CD that has lots of lyrics ("noooo ooooone can ever take them down, the power lies on their si-E-i-E-i-E-iiiiiiide")
    Most likely, it will be the full version. The longer version with verses sometimes even played during the show. It usually when they were calling their Zords and then the Zords came together to form the Megazord that the longer version would play, since the sequence was kind of lengthy. But anyway, I Predict a Riot if the full version isn't used.
    Lady Siara;3780347 said:
    I'd love to have a re-recording of the My Little Pony theme!

:D
    Epic metal re-record? :D
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    Die-Guitar-Hero;3780116 said:
    please don't call it '10 or even mention re-record.
    I wouldn't mind it. "Rower Pangers Theme (Rock Band Mix)" would have a nice ring to it. (intentional misspelling in post for obvious reasons) ;)