Sounds quality in... a lot of songs

MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I noticed that a lot of songs I've never heard before have this amazing sound quality, and when I preview songs I'm actually familiar with (Higher by Creed, Remedy by Seether, Bodies by Drowning Pool), the quality sounds like it was recorded off the radio with a tape recorder. What's the deal with some of this quality? You'd think the more well-known bands would have some better audio. Am I the only one who noticed this?

EDIT: Yeah, it's the previews that sound awful.

Comments

• itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    If you're talking about the previews in the RBN store, they've always sounded like sh*t. If you download the full song/demo and listen to the preview in-game from quickplay/tour/etc, it sounds fine like how it should be.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    itzJV;3790745 said:
    If you're talking about the previews in the RBN store, they've always sounded like sh*t. If you download the full song/demo and listen to the preview in-game from quickplay/tour/etc, it sounds fine like how it should be.
    I really hope so. I've been putting off a lot of these songs because of those previews, and as much as I love the songs, the sound is just as important as everything else.
  • ValkrinosValkrinos Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Mikachu;3790751 said:
    I really hope so. I've been putting off a lot of these songs because of those previews, and as much as I love the songs, the sound is just as important as everything else.
    Yeah, just to echo what he said, if you're saying "the preview for the song in the RBN Music Store sounds bad!", that's just because they put low quality previews for everything in the RBN store. The songs should sound better. I have heard some sound better than others, but, strictly talking about the previews, they're just low quality on the RBN Store.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Valkrinos;3790908 said:
    Yeah, just to echo what he said, if you're saying "the preview for the song in the RBN Music Store sounds bad!", that's just because they put low quality previews for everything in the RBN store. The songs should sound better. I have heard some sound better than others, but, strictly talking about the previews, they're just low quality on the RBN Store.
    Thanks, guys. I was so excited to see Creed, but hearing Higher made me cringe. At least now I know it's safe to buy. :)
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    they really should fix that in Rbn 2.0... it hurt my hears every time i put the preview on every song on the store. :(
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    This is why I now preview songs on Youtube/Myspace/creators.rockband.com/etc instead of in the store. ;)