Problem with the family filter.

dillysfrienddillysfriend Opening Act
edited June 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I'll start out with the real problems:
I downloaded "this ones for the girls" and "I told you so"
Both songs from the country pack, but I bought them separately when they came out. The website says their family friendly, but they don't show up in LRB

Now for my problem:
How is "don't stop believing" not family friendly? In my house "suddenly I see" is a lot worse.

Comments

• FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited June 2010
    dillysfriend;3793242 said:
    Now for my problem:
    How is "don't stop believing" not family friendly? In my house "suddenly I see" is a lot worse.
    "Don't Stop Believin'" mentions alcohol ("a smell of wine and cheap perfume"). That seems to be an automatic no-no for the "family friendly" seal.
  • dillysfrienddillysfriend Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    dillysfriend;3793242 said:
    I'll start out with the real problems:
    I downloaded "this ones for the girls" and "I told you so"
    Both songs from the country pack, but I bought them separately when they came out. The website says their family friendly, but they don't show up in LRB

Now for my problem:
    Sorry, I just looked and I told you so is not family friendly( I'm pretty sure it was at one time...) but this ones for the girls still is family friendly.
  • dillysfrienddillysfriend Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    FujiSkunk;3793251 said:
    "Don't Stop Believin'" mentions alcohol ("a smell of wine and cheap perfume"). That seems to be an automatic no-no for the "family friendly" seal.
    ...:confused:
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited June 2010
    I've also noticed the "family friendly" rating does seem to be something of a moving target. Back when Lego Rock Band first came out, Queen's "Fat-Bottomed Girls" was playable in the game. That was good for a laugh.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited June 2010
    "Fat Bottomed Girls" is still playable. The ratings for the Queen songs were discovered before the game came out, so it's not a glitch or anything.

I posted my theory for the country songs. The short version is that the Country Track Pack came out at a weird time and all the songs slipped through the cracks.

A lot of the ratings on the site aren't accurate (the most infamous example is the Stevie Ray Vaughan instrumentals listed as "Supervision Recommended"). If you're looking for family-friendly (according to the game) songs you can actually play in Lego, you're better off using the in-game store or the Xbox 360 music store app.