6/29/10 DLC Discussion - Nickelback

Comments

• drag_racerdrag_racer Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    o1skinneej;3801742 said:
    Good for the fans of Nickleback.......*crickets chirping*.......do they even exist?
    considering they sell so many albums, and while I'm not 100% sure about other cities but whenever they come to saskatoon they always fill the venue
  • ChaosraidenChaosraiden Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Pereira;3801794 said:
    ive heard that neither of these are true
    Google 'Rock Band Nickelback' before all the interweb sites get ahold of the DLC news
    http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=15183
    http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=17076

Took milliseconds.
  • JoyterpolJoyterpol Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    I have a feeling that HMX is going to be trolling up through RB3's release.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited June 2010
    Worst. Popular Band. Ever.

I like "Never Again" though. I think it was their last song of substance ever recorded. :p
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited June 2010
    Pereira;3801801 said:
    like ozzy?
    shhhhhhhh........im trying to make this week not look like a total loss ;)
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Mizzoio;3801726 said:
    First Miley Cyrus, now Nickelback? Seriously, WTF Harmonix?
    Hey people, don't you see the silver lining in this?

No DLC released before RB3 comes out will have harmonies, pro guitar, or keyboards.

Harmonix is dumping the crap music out before Rock Band 3, and saving the good music for after RB3 with those features in it.

Wouldn't it suck to get some sweet songs only a few months before RB3 knowing they wouldn't have the new features?

This is good. Let them purge their DLC queue of all this junk now before RB3.
  • benson111benson111 Eater of Fine Cupcakes
    edited June 2010
    Apples;3801803 said:
    They tried, but then they discovered that there is no -1 difficulty tier below tier 0. :D
    Snap.
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited June 2010
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I thought this was Rock Band not... um... Nickelback Band. Yeah!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited June 2010
    RockBandRocker;3801786 said:
    Without "How You Remind Me", I would hardly call this good song selection.

Saving it for Rock Band 3.

I said it!

Don't buuuuuurrrn me....aaaaiiiigghhh tooo late!
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    I'm likely buying at least 50% of this pack. Not a big fan of "This Afternoon" so I'll be passing on that for sure though.
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Huh, we got one new song this week.

What? Someone had to say it.
  • Dual-ScreenDual-Screen Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    RockBandRocker;3801782 said:
    I have to say, it's kind of funny considering:

- The lead singer of Nickelback bashed BOTH GH and RB about a year or so ago

- The code name for Rock Band Network was "Rock Band: Nickelback"

- It's funny because it's Nickelback. Seriously HMX? Do you even read anything in Ultimate Setlist?
    Yeah... all this is kinda why a pack like this surprised me.
    RockBandRocker;3801786 said:
    Without "How You Remind Me", I would hardly call this good song selection.
    It's a shame that one didn't make it in.

I'll get a few of these, but I'm not gonna go around and tell everyone who doesn't like them that they're "wrong" and "ignorant" (like some certain Miley fans did). Opinions are opinions and nothing more.
  • Kill All HumansKill All Humans Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    So, the owld misery decides it's better to have the DLC money then to not have the DLC money.

May pick up one or two tracks at a later date, but never want to hear 'Rockstar' ever again.

And, as for there being no track on RB3 as this is a six pack, the hole left by 'How You Remind Me' in this allocation is pretty massive. Still at least it's not 'Rockstar'.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I think this is great, a week of stuff I don't care about that so I save money, and it's a week that takes up a slot of soon to be outdated RB2 DLC as we wait for RB3.
  • olfeniteolfenite Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    I'm alright with Nickelback coming to rock band (or at least I'm trying to make myself think that), but I can't believe that Nickelback or their label would want anything to do with Rock Band after all the abuse the boys put them through. Remember back on that presentation that HMX guy made that included Nickelback as one of the things for Rock Band to avoid? Or how about initially calling RBN "Rock Band: Nickelback" so they could deflect interest from the media.

I might pick up a song or two, but I kind of doubt it. Congrats to the Nickelback fans.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Seeing how Henry couldn't even be bothered to write something clever/band history/anything in the announcement, it seems rather obvious that HMX don't like this one bit.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    haha,
    i love to see all the funny whiny posts this week :)

as for me, i love nickelback, so i'm gonna get them.

Thx HMX
  • b70x7nb70x7n Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    ZosoBaron;3801833 said:
    Huh, we got one new song this week.

What? Someone had to say it.
    :D
  • Ranger DRanger D Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Not the biggest Nickelback fan but I'll pick up "Burn it to the Ground."

Who wouldn't want to play the Monday Night Raw theme song??

WWE intro music for RB3 *CONFIRMED*
  • AnsatsuAnsatsu Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    noble;3801827 said:
    Saving it for Rock Band 3.

I said it!

Don't buuuuuurrrn me....aaaaiiiigghhh tooo late!
    Oh GOD. Now you have me scared that may actually be true.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited June 2010
    http://music-video.com.ua/wp-content/img/nickelback-photograph_01.jpg

For the record, this is one of my favorite music-related pictures because of its hilarious factor

NnnnnghhLOOKIT THIS PHOTOGRAPH
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    This is too funny. I just posted a long rant about how I hate Nickelback on Facebook last week. But, the funny thing is, I'm going to look like a huge hypocrite when I pick up a few of these tracks. HMX actually did a decent job of picking (in relative terms) good Nickelback tracks. They'll be hella popular for party play, especially if I just want to play them to make fun of Nickelback.

For all the haters, Nickelback is a fairly popular group. They sell a lot of CDs. I think this DLC will probably sell well.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2010
    I honestly don't mind Nickelback being in Rock Band.

Their early stuff was decent, and I do like some of the duets Chad Kroeger did.

The one with the guy from, I think Seether, for the "Spider-Man" soundtrack ("Hero") and the one he did with Santana ("Into The Night").
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Dual-Screen;3801837 said:
    Yeah... all this is kinda why a pack like this surprised me.

It's a shame that one didn't make it in.

I'll get a few of these, but I'm not gonna go around and tell everyone who doesn't like them that they're "wrong" and "ignorant" (like some certain Miley fans did). Opinions are opinions and nothing more.
    maybe this one was saved for rb3 ;)
    i hope so.:cool:
  • PereiraPereira Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    RockBandRocker;3801808 said:
    No, Chad Kroger (sp?) did say that people shouldn't waste their time on music video games and should just learn the real thing.
    I'm pretty sure that that was in the context of talking about the difficulties of finding bands to tour with, and has nothing to do with the quality of the games or Chad saying the games suck. Feel free to get the question and quote if you can.

EDIT:
    link
    "I feel like there's not enough rock bands out there, especially when we go on the road," said Kroeger, on what he perceives to be a rock band drought. "it's tough to find other bands out there, because either they're making a record, or they just got done touring."

With that said, Chad Kroeger calls out to kids: "Start rock bands. Set down the Guitar Hero, learn how to play an actual guitar and start a band," he said.

Nothing to do with the games sucking or the games being a waste. Don't be a hater.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    This is hilarous.
    Seems Brokencyde full album DLC is confirmed for the week after this!
    Anyway, HMX why are you avoiding my Worst Setlist Ever? You give us Miley and Nickelback but not Party in the USA or S.E.X? C'MON, MORE HILAROUSLY BAD MUSIC!
  • Kevin7Kevin7 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Nickelback is AWESOME im buying all of these ones for sure, and it show how popular Nickelback is now with all these haters!
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    HeyRiles;3801853 said:
    http://music-video.com.ua/wp-content/img/nickelback-photograph_01.jpg

For the record, this is one of my favorite music-related pictures because of its hilarious factor

NnnnnghhLOOKIT THIS PHOTOGRAPH
    I counter with this.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Millions of [insert ****ty band name here] fans can't be wrong!™
This discussion has been closed.