(This Song's Just) Six Words Long

CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
edited June 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
You gotta love this Weird Al parody on Got My Mind Set On You.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWi5jdgTUJs

Im not a big fan of the stuff he made in the 80s, but this is funny

Comments

• fatalfiend37fatalfiend37 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I love Weird Al's 80s material, its his best, well at least in my opinion.
  • MurdocisGod1990MurdocisGod1990 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    One of my Favorite Albums by him, I've seen him in concert 3 times, they have all been freaking awesome...
  • JR48fanJR48fan Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    I'm seeing him this August at the Minnesota State Fair, and Rush a few days before. I'm going to Kansas, Foreigner, and Styx this Thursday, the same night as my band's first gig!
  • Shadowkiller11Shadowkiller11 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Weird Al Yankovic is great he provides humor in his work. His last album was a mix bag personally still good though but that Pac Man one is great.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    I'll never understand why George decided to record that song; yeah, like his own "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth)," it's undeniably catchy, but it's also mind-numbingly simplistic... so I guess I can see why both of those songs went #1. :o
  • George_AntillesGeorge_Antilles Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    The simplicity of Got My Mind Set On You does not undermine its greatness. The same argument is used against many of Paul's songs.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Haha this is funny. I did a thread on Weird Al/Beatles songs a long time ago.
  • TheFatDaneTheFatDane Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    I like him, i think he is great ;D Not Greater Than The Beatles though :D
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    I saw one of his signature 'one-way' interviews with Paul a while back. It was pretty good... though not as good as when he interviews people who are significantly less talented. :o
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    When talking about Weird Al and Beatles parodies, you can't forget "Gee I'm A Nerd" (parody of The Beatles' "Free as a Bird") and "Chicken Pot Pie" (parody of McCartney's "Live and Let Die")! These are both hilarious!

Sadly, you'll never hear these songs on a Weird Al album. See, Paul McCartney and Weird Al Yanovic are very big mutual fans of each other. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHaq1PlfJXU (No, despite the fake interview, they really are mutual fans and friends, honest!

However, when Al asked Paul if he could put "Chicken Pot Pie" on an album, Paul said no (even though it pained him a bit to say no to a Weird Al parody) because he and Linda were strict vegetarians (so is Weird Al, incidentally!) so a song about eating chicken just didn't seem right to Paul. Weird Al respected that, after all, he had a logical reason for it.

As for "Free As A Bird", John Lennon wrote that one, so Paul passed the decision to Yoko Ono, who denied Weird Al permission to put the song on the "Bad Hair Day" album. Because, you know, Yoko Ono completely lacks anything, anything at all, that could ever even be remotely termed "a sense of humor". Sigh.
  • -Imagine--Imagine- Opening Act
    edited June 2010