after leaving the rock band network issue

ashley678ashley678 Unsigned
edited September 2010 in The Rock Band Network
once i leave the rock band network store to get back to the main menu the game hangs and just sits there (implying its loading but it isnt) most of the time ive had to go back to dash board and re load to get somewhere.

ive left it for like 5 minutes and it still sits there making out loading the menus when it isnt.

not sure what to do about it really, the game is installed to the hard drive aswell.

Comments

• Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Yeah this has been a problem since rbn was released. I just buy songs from my computer, much easier.

I just buy off this site below, gives you the marketplace links.

http://error420.com/rbn/
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I deleted my rock band marketplace file (the file that contains the song previews) from my hard drive.

Pro: navigating the music store is lightning fast now.
    Con: I don't remember which songs I've previewed.
  • DreamWarriorDreamWarrior Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Hate to bump an old thread...but this is still an issue for me and I'd rather not start another. Has it been fixed?
  • Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    DreamWarrior;4036734 said:
    Hate to bump an old thread...but this is still an issue for me and I'd rather not start another. Has it been fixed?
    Not to my knowledge. Its a drag when it happens. :(
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I would not count on this ever being fixed in RB2.

When I am finished buying the tracks, I just go to the dashboard and then start RB2 up again. It is much faster than waiting the 5-8 minutes for the store to let you go back to the menu.

As far as how to fix it. You can't. This is not a 360 memory or cache issue. I don't download previews of songs...I just buy them.

I did clear my cache one time but it didn't change anything.

I am guessing they will have it worked out for RB3 though...The had the scrolling through songs worked out from RB1 to RB2...

As someone with nearly 2K playable songs I threw RB1 in a while back to play the three tracks that didn't transfer. Wow. How ridiculous was it just trying to get to the songs. Scroll one...five seconds...scroll one...five seconds...etc.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2010
    Are you sure you guys are waiting long enough?

After about a minute it always goes back to the main menu for me. It just takes a bit to do so.
    edited September 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4040020 said:
    Are you sure you guys are waiting long enough?

After about a minute it always goes back to the main menu for me. It just takes a bit to do so.
    I know I am...Are you sure the watch/clock you are using to see how long it takes works properly? :)

It's a good five minutes...not ten but solid five.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2010
    Hmmm...it's usually only a minute tops on my end.

Are you on the 360?

I also have a creators account for testing and uploading tracks to RBN.

Wonder if that has something to do with it taking less time?

I don't know why it would but...well that's all I got ;)
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Takes less than a minute for me. I have about 30 or less RBN songs and I have downloaded lots of track previews. Also, no creator account.

Perhaps it is linked to a specific track, much like the Apples Energy loop bug?
    edited September 2010
    Blasteroids;4040230 said:
    Takes less than a minute for me. I have about 30 or less RBN songs and I have downloaded lots of track previews. Also, no creator account.

Perhaps it is linked to a specific track, much like the Apples Energy loop bug?
    I don't remember having the problem when RBN first came out so it very well could be associated with number of songs one has purchased from said network. Would have to know how many songs from RBN some of the other folk that have the long loop have purchased.
    edited September 2010
    Not sure why it posted that twice.
  • RiceBallsRiceBalls Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    its faster going to the dashboard and reloading the game
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    RiceBalls;4040359 said:
    its faster going to the dashboard and reloading the game
    This is what I do, though I don't usually use the in-game store except to buy older songs I don't have yet.
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    about 15-30 seconds for me most of the time. 360, tons of previews, about 150 songs bought...