just had an awesome idea about the new guitar and RBN

solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
what if, we can play in freeplay mode with the new Squier guitar?
maybe then we could reccord and even try to put our songs in RBN,

i don't know if it's possible and how we would be able to, but i think it could be possible.
Of course, there would still be peer reviews, and no cover allowed etc, just like how it is now, but i think it might open doors to lot of people.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    No.
    Freestyle mode would be plugging it into an amp.
    And it would be impossible to record and put a song into the RBN through like that.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    The Frisk;3814624 said:
    No.
    Freestyle mode would be plugging it into an amp.
    And it would be impossible to record and put a song into the RBN through like that.
    what are you talking about?
    i'm talking about freestle on the tv, just like drums...
    they didn't say anything yet on the subject, so we don't know if some sort of freestyle mode on the tv will be supported.

also, for people that buy rb3 and the new guitar, it would be nice not having to buy an amp to play guitar without playing rockband, and i'm sure it's possible to make it happen.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Are you talking about submitting songs like GHTunes?

Because RBN already has a song creation process.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I don't think a freestyle mode has been announced for pro guitar, but I assume one will be in that works the same way as drums freestyle mode. You wouldn't be able to record anything that way, though.

However, both pro guitar controllers (and the keyboard) have midi outs. This means that, just like you can with a regular midi keyboard, you could plug your guitar into your computer and record a midi song with it. You could, theoretically, then create a chart for this midi song and submit it to RBN. It would sound like midi, though, and not like a real guitar. If you want it to sound like a real guitar, you'll need to use a real amp.