Kimbo Slice no longer in UFC?

weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
edited July 2010 in Less Rokk More Talk
Wasnt he just brought into the UFC? I thought he was given a contract as well? Hmm...maybe he should just stick to street fighting instead :rolleyes:

Im a bit surprised to hear that Kimbo wasnt doing well in the cage. I thought for sure he would shine as a UFC fighter. I know for one thing, I wouldnt wanna mess with the dude :D

I read in this article that after his loss to Matt Mitrione, it was also his last.

[QUOTE=]“That’s probably Kimbo’s last fight in the UFC. Listen, Kimbo made it farther than I thought he would.” When asked later to confirm that Slice’s career as a UFC fighter was over, White confirmed that the fighter’s services were no longer needed.[/QUOTE]

Comments

• weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Why didnt he just join boxing? Why MMA?
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    weeyoo;3819658 said:
    Why didnt he just join boxing? Why MMA?
    Because he can't box, either. Guy got weak-kneed by a left punch, didn't he? First round, first minute, I think?
    edited June 2010
    monkeyfish;3819666 said:
    Because he can't box, either. Guy got weak-kneed by a left punch, didn't he? First round, first minute, I think?
    If he could take his street fighting skills into a boxing ring, he would be considered one of the greatest modern day boxers.
    edited June 2010
    weeyoo;3819678 said:
    If he could take his street fighting skills into a boxing ring, he would be considered one of the greatest modern day boxers.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sec, need a breather. OK:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    edited June 2010
    monkeyfish;3819684 said:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sec, need a breather. OK:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Have you ever watched his YouTube videos?
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    edited June 2010
    weeyoo;3819689 said:
    He fought no one in those videos. Give me a break. I could go to the docks and beat up clowns.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    monkeyfish;3819666 said:
    First round, first 15sec.
  • benson111benson111 Eater of Fine Cupcakes
    edited June 2010
    weeyoo;3819689 said:
    He is a simple street fighter, he could in NO WAY be a boxer in any form. Just because he can beat up some off the street loser, does not mean he can fight in the ring.

/thread.
    edited June 2010
    I watched this one. And that announcer guy is right, Kimbo could have never imagined the other fighter would punch back! :D
    edited June 2010
    Honestly, that fight vs Petruzelli wasnt really a fight. He didnt really "knock out" Kimbo. Kimbo fell and then kept getting sucker punched in the head. If he didnt trip, he most likely would've put up a good fight and probably won.
    edited June 2010
    I think I'll go film myself beating up bums so I can get some MMA cash!
  • benson111benson111 Eater of Fine Cupcakes
    edited June 2010
    weeyoo;3819726 said:
    Honestly, that fight vs Petruzelli wasnt really a fight. He didnt really "knock out" Kimbo. Kimbo fell and then kept getting sucker punched in the head. If he didnt trip, he most likely would've put up a good fight and probably won.
    What? Sucker Punched? There isnt any sucker punching in mma? :confused:
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited June 2010
    Banky is a pure boxer at worst.
    edited June 2010
    benson111;3819737 said:
    I don't think he knows the real meaning of that phrase.
  • RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited June 2010
    Even his best days of street fighting were a long time ago. He's not close to being a UFC caliber fighter, but the man did make people tune in to the Ultimate Fighter, and he sold tickets. I'll give him credit for his heart and dedication to learning, but it was just way to late for him.
    edited June 2010
    bmaninc;3819739 said:
    Banky is a pure boxer at worst.
    I am also proficient at Mai Tai.
    edited June 2010
    benson111;3819737 said:
    Watch the video that monkeyfish posted, watch how Petruzelli punches Kimbo in the head while he's on the ground. He's basically slapping him with his fist.
    edited June 2010
    weeyoo;3819841 said:
    Watch the video that monkeyfish posted, watch how Petruzelli punches Kimbo in the head while he's on the ground. He's basically slapping him with his fist.
    And that makes it a sucker punch how? This is MMA, you attack until stopped by an official. If you hesitate, they can recover.
    edited June 2010
    Renrock;3819849 said:
    And that makes it a sucker punch how? This is MMA, you attack until stopped by an official. If you hesitate, they can recover.
    I say that because I dont think it was a fair fight, and Kimbo would have won had he not fallen.
    edited June 2010
    weeyoo;3819876 said:
    I say that because I dont think it was a fair fight, and Kimbo would have won had he not fallen.
    It's not fair because he fell? Srsly?

/end discussion
    edited June 2010
    Renrock;3819889 said:
    It's not fair because he fell? Srsly?

/end discussion
    If you fell while fighting someone and didnt get the chance to do anything or atleast do what your there for, would you say thats fair? Why get millions of people hyped up to watch one of the most sensational internet fighters fight and make the fight last only 15 seconds?
  • DarkEternal37DarkEternal37 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    weeyoo;3819876 said:
    You can't talk about a competition in abstracts. The Pats would have won that Super Bowl a few years ago when David Tyree miraculously held on to that BS pass against his helmet. 9 times out of 10 he doesn't make that catch. 9 times out of 10 a fighter doesn't randomly trip or fall. Both these situations fall into that 1 out of 10 and that's what we're working with. It's not revisionist history.

And yes, I would say the fight was fair. If he STARTED the fight on the ground with the other guy on top of him, THAT'S unfair.
    edited June 2010
    weeyoo;3819898 said:
    If you fell while fighting someone and didnt get the chance to do anything or atleast do what your there for, would you say thats fair? Why get millions of people hyped up to watch one of the most sensational internet fighters fight and make the fight last only 15 seconds?
    1. He didn't just fall, he got rocked by a damn jab of all things.

2. MMA isn't boxing. Look at the last Fedor fight, the other dude won because he knew what to do when knocked down. Kimbo could have covered, tried to get up, ANYTHING. What does he do? Panic.

3. What fans want doesn't determine how long a match is, nor does that have anything at all to do with fairness.

4. (Perhaps most quizzical) Even though what happened was completely fair, speaking hypothetically if it weren't, WHY THE **** WOULD A STREET FIGHTER NEED TO DEPEND ON FAIRNESS TO BEGIN WITH?
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited June 2010
    And by 9 times out of 10, you mean 999 times out of 1000.

Why you gotta make me sad DarkEternal?
    edited June 2010
    HAHA OMG he got knocked down! How unfair!!! No one should knock each other down in this sport. Maybe they should just hug it out.
  • DarkEternal37DarkEternal37 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    bmaninc;3819926 said:
    And by 9 times out of 10, you mean 999 times out of 1000.

Why you gotta make me sad DarkEternal?
    Hey man, I even left out the part about how 9 times out of 10 Eli Manning would have been sacked before he even got that pass off.

BRB, cleaning tear soaked wrist wounds.
    edited June 2010
    I think Kimbo should start his own street fight thing. Instead of fighting they can hug.
    edited June 2010
    This is a perfect example of what NOT to do in MMA. Kimbo provided that much, at least.
    edited June 2010
    If someone falls they should let them back up. That seems logical,
    edited June 2010
    Ok I'll admit it, Kimbo's ground game wasnt top notch, but he was new to this type of stuff. Im sure if he practiced his ground game more, he would be an amazing MMA fighters.