"Told You Once" by The Apples in Stereo is borked again

PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I played the trial version of "Told You Once" by The Apples in Stereo and it has the same problem as "Hey Elevator" (doesn't sort properly, causing a loop bug).

Comments

• mattgreigmattgreig Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Looking into this right now. Will let you know once we figure out what is going on.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited July 2010
    Do you also have "Hey Elevator" in your list?

Can you please describe the exact problem?
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    HMXMister_Game;3824355 said:
    Do you also have "Hey Elevator" in your list?

Can you please describe the exact problem?
    I thought you were already aware of that problem, because "Hey Elevator" never has been put in the store.

All from the same album, authored by the same studio, the tracks "Dance Floor" & "Dream About the Future" work & sort absolutely fine, while "Hey Elevator & "Told You Once" do not (only downloaded the trials of the borked ones).

If you own the previously released tracks by The Apples in Stereo, sort them by band, and try to choose either "Hey Elevator & "Told You Once" you get looped back to the tracks sorted above them.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited July 2010
    Removing "Energy" from the list causes the other three to correctly sort under the album name "Travellers in Time and Space"

It seems the bug is a combination of having an incorrect capitalization in between two entries with the same album name.

So, to be clear, we thought the issue was with "Hey Elevator" but it turns out the problem is with "Energy", and it will affect any other songs from that album that get released later.
    edited July 2010
    Well, that sucks big time. I'm not going to delete Energy :(
  • mogwaimonmogwaimon Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I know what the issue is, the Apples In Stereo tracks don't have matching band names. Your band names in the songs.dta are case-sensitive, if one Apples release has the band name listed as Apples in Stereo and the rest are Apples In Stereo, the one without caps will not sort correctly.

If you have only two or three songs by the same band, this won't cause much of an issue. Any more than that and you get the looping bug.

Don't ask me how I know this, BTW, just came to the forums to report the same bug, haha....

EDIT: Also, it's not the album name, otherwise the tracks would all be under the same band heading, but the one with the miscapitalized album name would be separated from the rest, and would not cause a looping bug so far as I know.
    edited July 2010
    Same thing happened with "Hey Elevator" before and while that got pulled, "Told You Once" was put in the store.

When will we approximately see "Hey Elevator" again? It's my favorite off that album :(
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I can't buy The Apples in Stereo. I'm pretty obsessive about having things sort just right, and it will forever bug me to no end to have two songs that don't sort with the rest. If you buy all songs by The Apples in Stereo, you'll have three headings by the same band.
  • mogwaimonmogwaimon Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Well, it's a fairly simple fix, in a file in Energy the T in 'The Apples in Stereo' isn't capitalized, when you capitalize it all four songs sort properly. That wouldn't be a major issue if it weren't for Microsoft's policies on patching DLC files....

We may also experience a similar issue with A Day To Remember if they release anymore songs, the RBN authored song and the official song have differences in the songs.dta which cause them to be under two different band headers as well...

Also, this has nothing to do with RBN, but if you're still reading this HMX dude, if you release anymore songs by Black Tide from their Light From Above album, the songs will show under separate albums. Warriors of Time seems to have a capitalization error in the album part of songs.dta as well...
    edited July 2010
    Edify1;3836393 said:
    I can't buy The Apples in Stereo. I'm pretty obsessive about having things sort just right, and it will forever bug me to no end to have two songs that don't sort with the rest. If you buy all songs by The Apples in Stereo, you'll have three headings by the same band.
    If this won't get fixed with RB3, I'd seriously be surprised and disappointed :(
  • CommonCriminalCommonCriminal The Stork Whisperer
    edited July 2010
    Well, this sucks. Please fix this for the PS3, because I'm looking forward to this track more than any other (except maybe Swim by Surfer Blood....nah...this one is the best.)
    edited July 2010
    Hey Elevator will be back soon, although as mentioned earlier, this will not fix the looping bug. Believe me, I'm just as bothered seeing the band name show up 3 times in the song list - quite deflating!

EDIT: Oh, and I think this thread title would be more aptly written as "Energy is borked, and has been borked for quite some time, which is borking all of the other Apples in Stereo songs"
    edited July 2010
    mattgreig;3836736 said:
    EDIT: Oh, and I think this thread title would be more aptly written as "Energy is borked, and has been borked for quite some time, which is borking all of the other Apples in Stereo songs"
    Can't change the title myself, mod please!
  • RagdollHeroRagdollHero Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Could they not pull this version of Energy and release a new one? I know it won't solve the problem for people that already downloaded it, but it will prevent it for any future buyers.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    RagdollHero;3844012 said:
    Could they not pull this version of Energy and release a new one? I know it won't solve the problem for people that already downloaded it, but it will prevent it for any future buyers.
    The fact that Energy is on PS3 as well could complicate matters.
    edited July 2010
    RagdollHero;3844012 said:
    I'm guessing it will come to this too, but it's a last resort. Ideally we'd like to avoid having 2 versions out there, especially since the current version has been downloaded multiple hundreds of times. It just gets messy.