So how's RBN doing?

calabrelcalabrel Opening Act
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Okay, I know it's doing great, I really love it.

More specifically my question is: Is RBN still going strong?

I, being on PS3, cannot be a playtester for RBN (please correct me if I'm mistaken, because I'd love to). So I don't know what's in the works or anything like that. But is the flow of songs being submitted for review more or less common since the opening of RBN?

Also, wondering how the peer auditors are holding up, you guys feeling stressed, or is it still one of your highlights of your week/day?

Comments

• KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I joined back in January and it seems like the numbers are quite a bit higher, but that could just be because the RBN had only been in closed registration before then.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    As someone who has been a tester for over ten months now, I can say I'm still having a hell of a good time working with Rock Band Network.

I just recently crossed over into authoring, and talent scouting bands, and the reaction from the music community has been overwhelmingly positive. At least on my end.

I've got a lot of exciting announcements to make in the coming weeks about bands joining up with Rock Band Network.

Soon as the paperwork is finalized I'll be sure the Rock Band forums are the first to know.
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Well, it launched in March with 100+ songs for sale.

A couple days ago, it broke the 400 song mark! There are now more songs available to buy/play than the current Guitar Hero 'platform'.*

So yeah, still alive and kicking. ;)

*I know it hasn't beaten the entire GH library yet... but give it a couple more months.
  • Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    noble;3823875 said:
    As someone who has been a tester for over ten months now, I can say I'm still having a hell of a good time working with Rock Band Network.

I just recently crossed over into authoring, and talent scouting bands, and the reaction from the music community has been overwhelmingly positive. At least on my end.

I've got a lot of exciting announcements to make in the coming weeks about bands joining up with Rock Band Network.

Soon as the paperwork is finalized I'll be sure the Rock Band forums are the first to know.
    Phish? ;)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    calabrel;3823767 said:
    Okay, I know it's doing great, I really love it.

More specifically my question is: Is RBN still going strong?

I, being on PS3, cannot be a playtester for RBN (please correct me if I'm mistaken, because I'd love to). So I don't know what's in the works or anything like that. But is the flow of songs being submitted for review more or less common since the opening of RBN?

Also, wondering how the peer auditors are holding up, you guys feeling stressed, or is it still one of your highlights of your week/day?
    In the earliest days I was there (right as the beta opened up), both Playtest and Peer Review sections hovered around 3 pages' worth of songs. So, 50-75 for each category. That soon jumped to 4 pages, rarely hitting 5. It's now back to the 3-page average. So I think, in terms of quantity, we've hit a good balanced level.

Plus, whenever old authors start fizzling out, we always seem to get new ones- I think I've counted three new authors in the last week or two testing the waters, and you have folks like Timedrifter showing up and putting out lots of material. So where there is turnover, it's balanced. I don't think the flow is going to drastically dip any time soon.

I still like reviewing and testing. I actually like testing solo authors' work better than RGS stuff. I actually get room for input; with RGS (and other major teams in general), there's hardly ever anything to look for. :p And I think I'm getting more efficient, I put down three reviews just last night and still had time to finish out Herlathing.
    edited July 2010
    Chuck_Fiasco;3824086 said:
    Phish? ;)

My tastes skew towards the hard rock, industrial, metal (and yes even hair metal), bands so those are the ones I'm seeking.

If everything pans out I'm looking to be handling about 50 - 70 tracks initially.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat.:D
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    noble;3824379 said:
    My tastes skew towards the hard rock, industrial, metal (and yes even hair metal), bands so those are the ones I'm seeking.

If everything pans out I'm looking to be handling about 50 - 70 tracks initially.

Sheesh, I don't even have that many prospects. :eek:
    edited July 2010
    FairwoodStudios;3824566 said:
    Sheesh, I don't even have that many prospects. :eek:

Yeah but I'm working with making pretty much next to nothing to help these bands get into the game.

Yes I'm that much of a fan (of the bands and the game). Figured I was testing for free, might as well take it one step further and get bands in the game while I'm at it ;)
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Has any info started rolling out about changes in the RBN for the new RB3 features? I'm curious how that's going to pan out, it seems like it'll be much more difficult to author tracks in the new engine.
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    noble;3824379 said:

If you had a bigger boat, you could go Phishing, right?? ;)

(but not until RBN can support harmonies and keys of course)