7/6/10 DLC Discussion - Creedence Clearwater Revival

edited July 2010 in Rock Band
HMXPope;3824082 said:
Hi Fellers and Ladies!
Super exciting week of DLC coming up. One of my all-time favorite bands, Creedence Clearwater Revival, with a 12 pack!!!

Available on Xbox 360®, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (July 6):

· “Bad Moon Rising”
· “Born on the Bayou”
· “Down on the Corner”
· “Fortunate Son (Original Version)”
· “Green River”
· “I Heard It Through the Grapevine”
· “Lookin’ Out My Back Door”
· “Proud Mary”
· “Run Through the Jungle”
· “Travelin’ Band”
· “Up Around the Bend”
· “Who’ll Stop the Rain”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system July 7)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points) for Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
Discuss!

Comments

• AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Spectacular pack. There are of course a few omissions (Have You Ever Seen The Rain, Suzie Q) and I would have preferred one of those two instead of Fortunate Son, since the cover is quite good, but this pack is just plain full of WIN.

Time to kick up the speculation as to what "missing" CCR track is most likely to show up on the RB3 Disc. I'm going to throw Suzie Q into the ring myself :D.
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Truly amazing pack, really can't get much better than that.

So now the question is, which song is going to be on RB3??

Lodi or Have You Ever Seen the Rain pleasee!
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I'm gonna buy the whole pack (I just loaded up on MS points). But, I'm a little (slightly) disappointed there's no "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" That would have been a fun one to sing. All in all, this is probably my favorite DLC week of the year thus far.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    if I get 11 minutes of greatness... my concert is complete
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I seriously may buy the entire pack. This is by far the best "Best Of" pack Rock Band has ever released.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Absolutely amazing! This is literally the first DLC in a long while that has me jumping up and down. And such a great selection of songs, to boot.

Can't wait!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2010
    This makes me ridiculously happy, and Harmonix gets twenty-plus bucks of my money next week.
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    The single artist/large pack streak continues, but in this case I love it! :D

Harmonix, you have earned so many air [B]**kisses**[/B] today!! You just hit the sweet spot of right band, right songs, and right genre/decade (truly Classic rock - we desperately need more of this).

Wow.
  • JormJorm Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Fantastic selections. Full pack buy.

First DLC in a long while that I'm so excited for that I'll wake up early on Tuesday so I can play a few of them before work.

Thank you HMX! :D
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Ahh, now that we know we're getting an original version of Fortunate Son, my thoughts...

I'd have to hear it first before I decide. xP

But seriously, I thought the cover was the best cover song in Rock Band. It was the first song that I was able to pass Expert Drums on. (Mind you I passed while in the red, and at the time I was just starting to learn easy/medium, I forget what possessed me to do it on Expert at that time) And if I recall, it was one of the first DLC songs that I got. (I should note that I got the game for X-mas, so the song wasn't bought first simply because it was one of the songs available on the first day). So the cover version has a little bit of sentimental value.

Now as I said, I would have to hear the in-game mix of the original version before I made a decision on it. I've had times before when I was looking forward to a song and didn't get it cause it didn't sound right. If it's good, I'll get it. But I will keep my cover version, even if it will only pop up in random setlists.

As for the other songs... I've only heard of a few. Bad Moon Rising being one of my favorites out of this, but after seeing how boring that song was in the GH chart, I'm not excited. But Rock Band has done a few songs that I liked their version, but not the GH version.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited July 2010
    CCR, Harmonix you get major points for Lookin' Out My Back Door and Down In The Corner :)
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2010
    So, are these all from their original respective albums or Chronicle: Volume 1 and Chronicle: Volume 2?
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    This could very well be the first full pack I ever buy. Here's hoping for Have You Ever Seen the Rain in RB3.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited July 2010
    a few slightly disappointing selections/omissions (pagan baby for RB3?), but still probably a full purchase for me.

probably the best week of DLC in 2010 for me thus far.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    ok guys, you know it's coming...1 - 2 - 3......
    What the heck hmx! Why didn't you save this pack for after RB3 so it would have had the additions? I mean why not release weaker dlc for now so it's not wasted b4 RB3? :p ;) :rolleyes:
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Hell yeah, that's the Harmonix we know and love. :D This will be one of the few megapacks I'll buy in full. Good thing I put a lot of money on my PSN account recently, there goes $20.

There are a few of my favorite songs missing (Have You Ever Seen The Rain?, Lodi) but I figured I wouldn't get all of them since they are pretty mellow songs. I hate to be one of those guys, but I really hope Have You Ever Seen The Rain is a RB3 selection. Regardless, these songs are going to get a lot of play around here!
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited July 2010
    Damn you HMX!

Now I need more money. :(
  • SchultzySchultzy Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Plutarch;3824138 said:
    Truly epic win. Goodbye DLC slump.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. This is the first DLC I'll be buying since 2009.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    howieduen;3824166 said:
    I'm gonna buy the whole pack (I just loaded up on MS points). But, I'm a little (slightly) disappointed there's no "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" That would have been a fun one to sing. All in all, this is probably my favorite DLC week of the year thus far.
    yup...the only negative in an otherwise awesome week
  • ChaosraidenChaosraiden Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Terrible choice Harmonix! :mad:
    I only like 8 of the songs and was expecting Bieber...

:D
    Was just the kind of pack I was hoping for and I'm glad I held out for Fortunate Son.
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I didn't see any mention of Lego compatibility here. I'm assuming all of them will be playable? I mean, it's CCR.
  • footsmcgeefootsmcgee Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Thank you Harmonix!! Awesome selections.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    David2380;3824218 said:
    yup...the only negative in an otherwise awesome week
    You have to remember, CCR (like Queen) is one of those groups that no matter what 12-pack HMX assembled, there would be people who wanted a certain song. They just have too many songs that cover such a wide span.
  • WhizKidRavenWhizKidRaven Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    This is one of the best packs I've ever seen. Impeccable song selections. Fogerty is great!
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I really would have liked "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" That's my favorite CCR song. In this case, it's just the band's fault for having too many classics...I really hope it shows up on RB3.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2010
    "Big wheel keep on toining! Proud Mary keep on boining!"

Can't wait to unlock my inner Fogerty. :D
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited July 2010
    No "Have you ever seen the rain?" :/

Nevertheless, I must say it: BEST 2010 ROCK BAND DLC SO FAR!!!
  • 1.21Gigowatts1.21Gigowatts Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Epic Epic Epic. Buying the whole thing.
  • BigLouNYBigLouNY Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Without question an insta-buy.... Good luck following this one up
  • njdevil44njdevil44 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    MourganDespana;3824167 said:
    if I get 11 minutes of greatness... my concert is complete
    Yeah I'm really hoping for this. If we get the full version (and not the radio edit) of "Grapevine" that'll instantly be a top 5 guitar song in Rock Band. I know some people don't like interminable songs, but this would be such a treat to play the full thing (6 min. outro guitar solo! Imagine the solo bonus!). Plus you have all the other CCR hits to satisfy everyone else.

Born on the Bayou is there too...one of my favorite songs to play on the real guitar and I think it'll translate well into Rock Band. Very excited for Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.