Is Lego Rock Band overrated?

Rocky_Jams13Rocky_Jams13 Unsigned
edited October 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Is lego rock band any good? I haven't gotten it, and I don't know if I should. There are good songs, but I think it's kinda stupid with the lego characters and the fake guitars. Is the game worth twenty bucks?

Comments

• KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Worth picking up for the soundtrack IMO, and I thought the Lego presentation was fun for a while too. If you really can find it for as cheap as people are saying, then it's a definite buy. If the presentation isn't your thing, just look at the setlist. Consider how many on there are songs you'd like to play, and consider that you'll probably never be able to get them any other way, AND consider that you can sell the game right after exporting if you want. All that being taken into account, I'd consider it to be worth it even if there's only 5-10 or so songs on it you like (unless you're one of those people that's super anal about songs you don't care for clogging up your library, which won't be a problem for too long anyway if you plan on getting RB3).
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    the game its great also, you got the power challenges, make your own album, customise the den, etc... plus its Lego :D
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Rocky_Jams13;3825517 said:
    Is lego rock band any good? I haven't gotten it, and I don't know if I should. There are good songs, but I think it's kinda stupid with the lego characters and the fake guitars. Is the game worth twenty bucks?
    Buy it. Play through the 2nd Rock Power Challenge ("Ghostbusters"). If that doesn't charm you, you have no soul.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2010
    MattyT;3829224 said:
    Buy it. Play through the 2nd Rock Power Challenge ("Ghostbusters"). If that doesn't charm you, you have no soul.
    This.

If nothing else, I actually really like the track listing--even some of the songs I didn't know before.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Overrated?!?! If I could figure out a way to bypass the censor and import all my RB songs to Lego I'd NEVER play anything else!
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Right now it's worth it just for the export. 30 bucks for 45 songs that are so catchy they're practically evil.
  • DrRock69DrRock69 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    i dont think its overrated, but it isnt the best , worth the buy for the export tho. I personally couldnt stand to play the game, the lego notes were messing with me
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    At least one can export the track list from this game to Rock Band 2. The same can't be said about another certain Rock Band title...
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    darkwinterbeast8;3835632 said:
    At least one can export the track list from this game to Rock Band 2. The same can't be said about another certain Rock Band title...
    Except, you know, Rock Band and Green Day.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I picked up LRB from Newegg for $20. I really enjoyed the game. It does things normal Rock Band can't or won't do, like the crazy Lego stages, music set to events, and Lego-men parts. I liked making albums, basically saved setlists, and then revisiting them in later events.
    Moony_Lupin;3827327 said:
    I found that the over all set list is weak.
    I agree. Besides the older songs, and the kitschy ones, to me it's mostly generic pop song #59289. Not bad songs per se, but they're just there (such as Liberation, the blandest "protest song" ever). Still, I was very impressed by game itself, and with RB3 able to downplay or turn off songs, the setlist is mostly a nonissue in the long-run.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited July 2010
    It was a lot of fun, you will get bored with it far sooner than you ever did with the main Rock Band games because of the lack of leaderboards/online play but the game is well put together regardless of tracklist and features actually interesting venues and game modes. Not to mention looming miles over RB2 in things like customisation and new features.
  • FleshTacoFleshTaco Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    It's worth buying just for The Final Countdown ...

"we're headed to Venus ...."
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I find quite a few Lego songs getting constant play when we play RB2. As said before by other posters...pick this up and export it!
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited July 2010
    I got it pretty much only for Jimi Hendrix. Played through the story mode. Got all the achievements I could (still missing the Final Countdown one and both 4 player ones, still haven't gotten around to doing those) and exported it. I don't really play it anymore.
    edited July 2010
    Doodoodoo-doo-doo-doo, doodoodoodoodoodoo! Doodoodoo-doo-doo-doo GHOST BUSTERS doodoodoodoodoo-doo-doo!
  • MaghookMaghook Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    LoopyChew;3841687 said:
    Doodoodoo-doo-doo-doo, doodoodoodoodoodoo! Doodoodoo-doo-doo-doo IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN doodoodoodoodoo-doo-doo!
    Fixed that for ya!
  • DSWaltonDSWalton Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    I personally feel as though this game is underrated. The setlist has a lot of really cool songs (such as The Final Countdown, Fire, Grace and Breakout to a name a few), the visuals are cute and charming, and it plays just like Rock Band. I loved how they even managed to make the menus look both like Rock Band and like Lego (the tiger on the main menu is what instantly springs to mind).

Like others have said, it's all about the songs. If there are at least 10 songs on there you want, pick it up without hesitation. You can always trade it in after you're done with it (just make sure you export).

My only complaint about the game is that it loads a lot. Long loads too.
  • MaghookMaghook Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    For me, as soon as I first heard the opening to that Monster song, I felt a little bit of d
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    leob5622;3825772 said:
    Definately! Even if LEGO isn't for you, get it at least as a track pack. Plus, if your a gamerscore junkie, it wouldn't hurt to get some easy achive/phies!
    But if you're an achievement junkie, it also contains one of the hardest achievements to earn (100% the solo in The Final Countdown).

But I definitely agree that if you can find it cheap enough, then the setlist alone makes it worth it. I found it at Wal-Mart for $30, and that was good enough for me. The lego bricks instead of rectangular notes was a cute touch, but the soundtrack is awesome. It's probably my favorite setlist in any Rock Band game. Short and Sweet's second guitar solo has become my favorite guitar solo in all of Rock Band.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Lego is borring. Only good thing i got from it, was the 1000 gamerpoints.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited July 2010
    Rocky_Jams13;3825517 said:
    fake guitars.
    Clearly you've missed the point of the entire series. ;)

It's a blast and worth a play though, and then export it.
    edited July 2010
    LoopyChew;3841687 said:
    Doodoo-dooooo-dooooo, doodoo-doo-doo-dooooo! Doodoo-dooooo-dooooo THE FINAL COUNTDOWN Doodoo-dooooo-dooooo, doodoo-doo-doo-dooooo! Doodoo-dooooo-dooooo, doodoo-doo-doo-doo-doo dooooooooooo, doodoo-dooooooooooo, doodoo-doo-doo-doo-doo-dooooo-dooooo-dooooooooooo!
    Maghook;3841747 said:
    Fixed that for ya!
    Fixed your fixin'. ;-)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Considering its average review score was a 7, its underrated
  • Hylander341Hylander341 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    I have always wanted to get LEGO rock band. I have always been a fan of Rock Band. It's awesome! I haven't gotten it yet either. I might get it now that I read all the comments.
  • w34kn3ssw34kn3ss Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Is it overrated?

Short answer: NO!!!
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Its very rare i see people playing Lego Rock Band
  • thatdrummerguythatdrummerguy Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    To be honest, I don't know why LRB has been viewed negatively by people.

It is a good game, with a great setlist. Overall, definately not overated.
  • RoseroarRoseroar Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    LEGO RB was the first RB game I bought (two weeks ago). I enjoyed it so much, playing with a cheap reconditioned GH controller, that I bought RB2 a week later, and intend to get RB3 with a keyboard when it comes out (and I have the funds; temporarily unemployed atm, though it has given me plenty of time to enjoy the RB games).

I loved playing through the story mode (and I'm and OLD rocker) and the power challenges are fun to watch (if you can take your eyes off the track without losing notes...it's helpful if someone else in the house also plays so you can watch them), and it had that whole "LEGO Charm" about it, all the more charming for the cute LEGOs playing some great rock tunes. Also, to my knowledge, no other RB game lets you turn your entire band into werewolves/zombies/vampires/etc with a head swap :)

Incidentally, does anybody know if it is possible to export the LEGO tracks to RB2 and vice versa on the wii?
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Roseroar;4019914 said:
    Incidentally, does anybody know if it is possible to export the LEGO tracks to RB2 and vice versa on the wii?
    Not on the Wii, no. Technical limitations or some sort. (I hear so many reasons, I don't know what's fact, so I'd just go with that.)
  • Chocobo115Chocobo115 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Just wanted the songs but the export system is such a mess so I can't redeem my songs. Such a waste on money, sigh...