Failure. Complete Failure.

ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
edited July 2010 in Less Rokk More Talk
So today a gigantic storm hit the city I live in. The power never necessarily went out, just flickered on and off a bunch of times. When I came inside after clearing off all of the trees from the front and back yards I noticed my Wii didn't have a light on. So, I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Nothing. My dad and I tried everything and nothing works. The TV and everything still works...it's just the Wii. It's dead. Oh, did I mention the RB2 disc is still in it? I didn't? Shucks...

Any suggestions?

That's why (to everyone on my friends list who's reading this) I won't be on for awhile.

I am angry.

Good night.

lol, the stupidest poll ever too

Comments

  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Dang, that sucks. I can only offer my condolences. Good luck on getting things up and running again ASAP.
  • blastissimo218blastissimo218 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Is the power cable connected to the wii? And to the power outlet? Check both ways.

    Edit: duckz R coolz0rs
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited July 2010
    If you contact Nintendo support, they can replace the console and get the disc out from the inside.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    T-Hybrid;3827077 said:
    If you contact Nintendo support, they can replace the console and get the disc out from the inside.

    If this will happen I will be the happiest panda to walk this planet we call Earth. But all my scores and stuff will be erased, right?
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    blastissimo218;3827065 said:
    Is the power cable connected to the wii? And to the power outlet? Check both ways.

    Edit: duckz R coolz0rs
    Yes. All the cables going from the back of the Wii eventually end up on a power bar that is connected to the outlet.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Shanerane;3827086 said:
    If this will happen I will be the happiest panda to walk this planet we call Earth. But all my scores and stuff will be erased, right?
    Scores currently on the leaderboards will stay there. I'm not sure how the Wii handles "gamertag" type stuff, though, to be able to know whether you'll be playing on the same one with a new or repaired console. If you keep the same name, you'll just pick up where you left off. On your side, it'll be a blank slate most likely, but the scores are still registered and won't revert back to zeros.
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Something similar happened to me playing Monster Hunter months ago. I too was afraid I lost everything, but for some random reason I plugged the wii into a different wall source and everything went back to normal. Have you tried different plug-ins? It's probably not the answer and my happening was just a freak thing, but it's worth trying.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Daym, did you have any files/DLC/whatever on SD cards?
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    DekarTheDragoon;3827100 said:
    Something similar happened to me playing Monster Hunter months ago. I too was afraid I lost everything, but for some random reason I plugged the wii into a different wall source and everything went back to normal. Have you tried different plug-ins? It's probably not the answer and my happening was just a freak thing, but it's worth trying.
    Well, I don't know. As I said, everything else from the same outlet is working fine. Only mah Wii is fried. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow. I'll post it in here if it works.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    TheRollingBones;3827101 said:
    Daym, did you have any files/DLC/whatever on SD cards?
    X

    I saved and moved my DLC to my SD card. All my files and whatever were saved on the Wii though :/
  • blastissimo218blastissimo218 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    skyttskytt;3827098 said:
    If you keep the same name, you'll just pick up where you left off. On your side, it'll be a blank slate most likely, but the scores are still registered and won't revert back to zeros.
    Exactly.

    Quite a problem on wii with common names like "A". The scores from all the different users overlap.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    blastissimo218;3827118 said:
    Exactly.

    Quite a problem on wii with common names like "A". The scores from all the different users overlap.
    I played it easy and named myself Shane.
  • blastissimo218blastissimo218 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Shanerane;3827113 said:
    X

    I saved and moved my DLC to my SD card. All my files and whatever were saved on the Wii though :/
    I'm afraid that all your DLCs would be invalidated IF you buy a new wii. :/
    Unless you work something out with nintendo.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited July 2010
    The only way to migrate your online data to a new Wii is to have Nintendo service it, and be sure they do it.

    Otherwise, you've lost all your DLC and all other Wiiware/points you had.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    blastissimo218;3827125 said:
    I'm afraid that all your DLCs would be invalidated IF you buy a new wii. :/
    Unless you work something out with nintendo.
    @!&@$*%#...crap...I had 44 DLC (pretty sure)

    -3 for free songs

    -1 for Science Genius Girl (100 points)

    40 songs at two bucks is 80 dollars plus another buck for SGG.

    81 bucks wasted. Delicious.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Bront20;3827127 said:
    The only way to migrate your online data to a new Wii is to have Nintendo service it, and be sure they do it.

    Otherwise, you've lost all your DLC and all other Wiiware/points you had.
    Could you please tell me what servicing it means? Just wondering if I need to send it in or if it can be done over the phone. Thanks!
  • itsmemjgitsmemjg Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    exact same thing happened to me except it was a 360 i ended up breaking the disk in an attempt to pry the tray open with a knife.. it did work but my disk cracked in the centre..
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Honestly, I say what the cluck. Contact Nintendo support.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    This happens to my wii all the time when exactly what you describe happens (the power flickers on and off). All I have to do is unplug the wii for about 3-5 minutes and then plug it back in. Then, poof! Good as new. It sounds stupid, I know, but it works. Try that before you start to panic ;)
  • greenzoid2greenzoid2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    When you were talking about a storm I was about to think that a random tree fell through your roof and landed right on the wii or something. Thank goodness.

    Too bad I didn't get to play with you, hope you can save the money you've spent on this game and get a new wii and all that stuff. Have you contacted Nintendo about this yet? you should get them to move your wii data to a new console and your dlc too.
  • blastissimo218blastissimo218 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    greenzoid2;3827168 said:
    When you were talking about a storm I was about to think that a random tree fell through your roof and landed right on the wii or something. Thank goodness.
    LOL! That is comedy gold.

    Not the fact that the tree breaks (bricks) his wii. ;), but the fact of the idea something like that would happen.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    PowerGamer990;3827159 said:
    This happens to my wii all the time when exactly what you describe happens (the power flickers on and off). All I have to do is unplug the wii for about 3-5 minutes and then plug it back in. Then, poof! Good as new. It sounds stupid, I know, but it works. Try that before you start to panic ;)
    Do I unplug the cable from the back of the wii or from the power bar?
    If that works, you are Jesus.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Shanerane;3827190 said:
    Do I unplug the cable from the back of the wii or from the power bar?
    If that works, you are Jesus.
    I never do. Just unplug it from the wall. Like I said, it always works for me.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    greenzoid2;3827168 said:
    When you were talking about a storm I was about to think that a random tree fell through your roof and landed right on the wii or something. Thank goodness.

    Too bad I didn't get to play with you, hope you can save the money you've spent on this game and get a new wii and all that stuff. Have you contacted Nintendo about this yet? you should get them to move your wii data to a new console and your dlc too.
    I'm going to try a method that someone told me, can't remember his name. If not, I'll contact Nintendo. I hope everything works so we can play sometime lol
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    PowerGamer990;3827197 said:
    I never do. Just unplug it from the wall. Like I said, it always works for me.
    Ok, thanks man
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Shanerane;3827203 said:
    Ok, thanks man
    np ;)

    Let me know how it turns out
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    might i suggest banking on the cast iron reliability of an xbox 360 next time you purchase a console....

    oh hold on....

    btw pankrazzo your signature is mega-evil, a nation is in mourning here!
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    jimbury;3827236 said:
    might i suggest banking on the cast iron reliability of an xbox 360 next time you purchase a console....
    I play RB on my 360, but I would be lost without my Wii. I feel this guy's pain. I was scared to death the first time this happened to my Wii, but luckily Nintendo Customer Support told me about the "unplug it for 5 minutes" trick. I was like, "yeah, right," but it worked.

    A lot easier than when I had to send my 360 in for a red ring fix :p
  • mogwaimonmogwaimon Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    You try using a different power cord for the Wii? Maybe the AC adapter is fried but the system is okay?
Sign In or Register to comment.