When will RBN be available in Australia?

ZePpLiNsZePpLiNs Unsigned
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I really like a lot of the songs on the RBN, but because I am in Australia, I can't access them, so when will us aussies be able to access the glories of the RBN?

Comments

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    The most likely reason why Australia cannot participate in buying XNA developed material would be something to do with local laws regarding internet commerce.

So...some time after either those laws are changed or the XNA program makes adjustments for local laws. This is a little bit bigger than just RBN. But there are ways around such things.

I think UK store stuff is compatible with Australia. You could look into creating a UK account and buying points specifically for the UK.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Through certain loopholes it's been available for a decent amount of time now, Santa said it best.

But I'm not too sure about the UK, best make an US account to be sure. It's what I did and I now have access to all tracks available via RBN.
  • kevinsanokevinsano Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Wait, the normal store works in Australia, but RBN doesn't??
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    kevinsano;3831155 said:
    Wait, the normal store works in Australia, but RBN doesn't??

XNA, the structure RBN works on is not available in Australia.

No XNA, no RBN. Nothing HMX can do about it. It's up to MS to get XNA into Aus.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    ThunderCurls;3831149 said:
    Through certain loopholes it's been available for a decent amount of time now, Santa said it best.

But I'm not too sure about the UK, best make an US account to be sure. It's what I did and I now have access to all tracks available via RBN.
    I'm never fully sure about which versions are region locked. Some people report using imported copies of a game and then the local store doesn't work. I believe the UK and Aus share 'regions', so I'd simply suggest going that route for convenience sake.

But if a US account works, then hey, go for it. Either way, I'd recommend either doing some research into how it would work or wait until they confirm how RB3 and RBN will work since the rumours are f an 'improved' RBN by that time.