Somebody sell me on a $3.00 song

Givem2meGivem2me Rising Star
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Anybody... Any $3.00 song... I'm not opposed to buying one. But unless I see Sweet Child of Mine or Stairway to Heaven, it's hard for me to just jump and pay that for a song (particularly based on the preview and demo).

So, who is happy with something they paid 240 Microsoft Points for? And why will I be likewise? Let me hear ya.

Comments

• JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    nothing good so far, why don´t buy 3 awesome $1 songs or one $2 and other for $1

there´s a lot of choices on RBN, why spend $3 on some song, that IMO doesn´t deserve the $3 threatment..
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    So, you will only buy a $3 if you like it enough to pay $3 and you want people to convince you otherwise? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

You already have your reason to buy a $3 song. Or any other song at any other price: because you like it and want it.
  • Givem2meGivem2me Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3831594 said:
    nothing good so far, why don´t buy 3 awesome $1 songs or one $2 and other for $1

there´s a lot of choices on RBN, why spend $3 on some song, that IMO doesn´t deserve the $3 threatment..
    Santa Claustrophobia;3831596 said:
    So, you will only buy a $3 if you like it enough to pay $3 and you want people to convince you otherwise? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

You already have your reason to buy a $3 song. Or any other song at any other price: because you like it and want it.
    I'm saying that there are tons of songs I'd pay $3 for. I'd pay $50 to get Enter Sandman, as it's my favorite songs of all-time. I don't really consider price for songs I'm familiar with, just buy what I want. I've bought 70 or so songs on RBN that I had never heard of, but when I preview a song, if it sounds borderline, the cost can tip the scale a notch one way or the other. To this point, I haven't found a $3.00 song that I felt strong about based on the preview or the demo.

So I'm looking for someone who feels strong about some $3.00 song.
  • CleantoneCleantone Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    $3 would have lasted minutes in an arcade.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    As someone who has all the $3 songs, I don't want to try and force someone to pay more for something they don't necessarily want. The songs right now aren't extremely unique and fun charts, even though "When I Get Home You're So Dead" has a fun drum chart and "Atomic" is fun on bass. Ultimately, I bought them all because I enjoyed listening to them. We can try and justify the price points of these songs, but if you don't really like how they sound, then you shouldn't buy 'em.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited July 2010
    i had gotten When I Get Home Youre So Dead.....played it......and realized i spent $3 on a chord fest.......sigh.......i would get the Tragically Hip songs for $2....its too bad theyre $3
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2010
    I will always always always prefer three $1 songs over one $3 song
    edited July 2010
    DragoonXD;3831656 said:
    As someone who has all the $3 songs, I don't want to try and force someone to pay more for something they don't necessarily want. The songs right now aren't extremely unique and fun charts, even though "When I Get Home You're So Dead" has a fun drum chart and "Atomic" is fun on bass. Ultimately, I bought them all because I enjoyed listening to them. We can try and justify the price points of these songs, but if you don't really like how they sound, then you shouldn't buy 'em.
    I appreciate the info. I want to re-iterate that I'm not being stand-off-ish or looking for a fight like some people on these forums. Just trying to see if there's a reason I'm overlooking for getting some of these.
  • --terrorisly--terrorisly Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I finally caved on "When I Get Home You're So Dead", and the drums and vocals were awesome to play. And I didn't mind the guitar.

But honestly, I mostly bought it because I had a surplus of points and convincing friends. XD
  • avroarrow201avroarrow201 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    If The Hip's tune gets released on ps3 it will be my first.
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited July 2010
    I blame whoever came up with the idea for a $3 a song option. Terrible idea.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    When I bought "Blow At High Dough" I also picked up "Being Here." Combined they're four dollars of Canadian awesomeness and at a two dollar average balance is restored to the universe.
  • ZhaneBXZhaneBX Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    HeyRiles;3831667 said:
    I will always always always prefer three $1 songs over one $3 song
    This.

The song of the Hate Project is awesome (Of course you have to like that genre, but that's the same with every song) almost 10min, 80 points.
    I don't see any justification for 3$ when we got artists like Hendrix and Queen from HMX for 2$ a song.
    edited July 2010
    --terrorisly;3831693 said:
    I finally caved on "When I Get Home You're So Dead", and the drums and vocals were awesome to play. And I didn't mind the guitar.

But honestly, I mostly bought it because I had a surplus of points and convincing friends. XD
    How does one develop a surplus of points? :)
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I bought the Mayday Parade song for $3. And I am proud of that investment. It is more expensive, but really, it is the most fun song in the game IMO. The drumming on it is amazing and I have not regretted my purchase for one second. Plus I have several friends who are Mayday Parade fanatics, so everyone is happy. It quickly has become the one song that is played the most often at my house. Lets just say during the first week I had it it got at least 40plays.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited July 2010
    I paid three bucks for Tragically Hip. I was hesitant because I didn't want to spend that much on one song and have it become the new norm when I'm used to two bucks (and one-dollar songs being a nice surprise). But honestly, that's like less than the cost of lunch for a song that we'll play a lot at parties.
  • --terrorisly--terrorisly Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Givem2me;3831771 said:
    How does one develop a surplus of points? :)
    By spending a lot of money on points.... The other day, i bought $90 worth of MSP. <_< So yeah, I just had a bunch of points to spend.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Givem2me;3831602 said:

So I'm looking for someone who feels strong about some $3.00 song.
    I feel strongly about Atomic but haven't bought it. I love Blondie. I love that song. Though there's no way to justify paying $3 for it when we've already got 2 Blondie songs for DLC that are $2,another on disc song and I previously paid $1.50 for the same song in Singstar. Though reading someone else's post made me realize if they put out another Blondie song for $1 then I could justify buying it.

For future reference I also love New Orleans is Sinking by The Tragically Hip but wouldn't pay $3 for that either.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited July 2010
    Givem2me;3831584 said:
    So, who is happy with something they paid 240 Microsoft Points for? And why will I be likewise? Let me hear ya.
    It all comes down to "How much do you like the song?"

Nobody can "sell you on one" because not everybody will have the same tastes as you.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2010
    I will pay $3 for "Bohemian Like You" if they program RBN 2.0 functionality into it. I would love that synth part.
  • tim107tim107 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    i bought "Atomic" and "Bohemian Like You" but thats because i knew and loved them both

they really don't have anything specific about them that would make them worth the $3 price other then me loving the songs

i would recomend getting Blink by Father Octopus, Friday the 13th by The Riptides, and Whats Your Favorite Dinosaur? by The Main Drag. they are all only $1
  • RagdollHeroRagdollHero Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Where are 'Atomic' and 'Bohemian Like You'? I cannot find them anywhere?
  • shayboshaybo Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I got the Mayday Parade song. Would have bought Atomic if I'd been faster. There are probably one or two hundred songs in the current catalog that I would have paid $3 gladly for, or more.
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I paid $3 for The Hip. I must say that was totally worth it great song to play, tons of fun. Like others have said, it all comes down to whether you like the song enough to warrant a $3 price tag.
  • DaytmanDaytman Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I payed $3 for "When I Get Home, You're So Dead" but that's because that's my favorite song by them and the only one I'd care to play in the game.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Givem2me;3831584 said:
    Anybody... Any $3.00 song... I'm not opposed to buying one. But unless I see Sweet Child of Mine or Stairway to Heaven, it's hard for me to just jump and pay that for a song (particularly based on the preview and demo).

It's all about personal taste and such...

See I bought the $3 Mayday Parade songs and love it. I've probably played it a couple hundred times. If that doesn't make a song worth it I don't know what does.

However... I would not buy either of the songs you mention for $3.

Not that they are bad... but they wouldn't get near enough party play at my house. I would gold star them and be done til they came up on random.

It's all relative to what any given person will pay $3 for... so no one can really sell one to you... b/c if you wanted it you would already have it.
  • tim107tim107 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    RagdollHero;3844693 said:
    Where are 'Atomic' and 'Bohemian Like You'? I cannot find them anywhere?
    You can find them both on this site http://error420.com/rbn/

but they are not their final versions. it seem that they both made it past peer review and were about to make it to the store when something wrong was found on both of them so be warned. you can buy them now but in order to get their final versions you will have to re-buy them.

from what i can see there is nothing wrong with Bohemian Like You, the only thing i think i would change is that they didn't chart the second drum solo.

as for Atomic i would wait to get it. i got it before i knew there was anything wrong with it and had i known i might have waited. the version they use is shorter then the version i know and listen to, there is no intro and the cut out the entire bass solo in the middle while i don't really think that the final version will be the version i love there is still a small part of me that hopes it will be. aside from that it has the wrong album art

you should watch a youtube video of each before buying tham
  • Buffdog18Buffdog18 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    No song deserves to be $3.00, in my opinion.
  • edited July 2010
    Now that RB3 has been announced, I could potentially see the right song as worthy of $3 if it additionally had pro instrument charts and/or keyboards, harmonies.

It would have to be one heck of a song though, considering even the Beatles DLC is $2 per track.
  • eeeric16eeeric16 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    i was a bit sketched to buy When I Get Home You're So Dead because it was 240msp. no regrets though, i love the song. fun on all instruments. but i agree, i wouldn't pay 3 bucks for just any song