Titanic 3D coming in 2012!!!!

Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
edited July 2010 in Less Rokk More Talk
Yes the Titanic that came out in 1997 or 1998 will be fully remastered and will be in 3D.

Can you imagine a ship sinking in 3D.

Wow. Cant wait. Release date is April 10 2012. The 100th anniversary of the ship sinking on it debut voyage.

Comments

• Buffdog18Buffdog18 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Could be interesting to see in 3-D, but that's a long movie.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2010
    The sex scene in the car will be interesting in 3-D. :D
  • Rocket2RussiaRocket2Russia Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I totally can't wait for a totally overhyped movie to be released in 3D and get even more hype. That'll be exciting. :rolleyes:
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited July 2010
    There were only two good things in that movie.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Is anyone else kinda over 3D?
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Rocket2Russia;3834098 said:
    I totally can't wait for a totally overhyped movie to be released in 3D and get even more hype. That'll be exciting. :rolleyes:
    The only thing that movie was hyped as was a financial disaster waiting to happen, and look how that came out.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited July 2010
    Rocket2Russia;3834098 said:
    That's how James Cameron works... seriously, has the man released a better-than-average film apart from Terminator 2?
    edited July 2010
    killer_roach;3834124 said:
    That's how James Cameron works... seriously, has the man released a better-than-average film apart from Terminator 2?
    Well I really liked Avatar.
    edited July 2010
    killer_roach;3834124 said:
    seriously, has the man released a better-than-average film apart from Terminator 2?
    Aliens says hello.
    edited July 2010
    bigmf;3834104 said:
    There were only two good things in that movie.
    Kate Winslet's boobs?
  • bood-boybood-boy Headliner
    edited July 2010
    no one will care about 3D movies anymore in 2012.
    edited July 2010
    bood-boy;3834188 said:
    no one will care about 3D movies anymore in 2012.
    No one really cares about 3D movies anymore in 2010.
    edited July 2010
    the difference is "really" and "will".
    edited July 2010
    Buffdog18;3834140 said:
    Well I really liked Avatar.
    My apologies. Pretty special effects, one-dimensional plot.
    Rockox;3834144 said:
    Aliens says hello.
    Aliens is one of the most unintentionally hilarious movies ever made. Look at it from that perspective, and it's not bad. It's a pale imitation of the original film, though.
    edited July 2010
    is aliens the one with the cyborg that gets ripped in half? and bleeds milk?
    edited July 2010
    ^
    I believe so.
  • jonoo24jonoo24 Merch-Table
    edited July 2010
    If the 3D is done right like Avatar, then this will be good.

If not, then no. Avatar had a generic plot, but if you don't think the scenery and the visual effect with 3D were the best in a movie, then you need your head checked.
    edited July 2010
    RockBandRocker;3834179 said:
    Kate Winslet's boobs?
    I was trying to be polite.

(but, yes.)
    edited July 2010
    killer_roach;3834211 said:
    Aliens is one of the most unintentionally hilarious movies ever made. Look at it from that perspective, and it's not bad. It's a pale imitation of the original film, though.
    The same could be said about T2, honestly. But both movies are awesome as far as I'm concerned, hilarious or no.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited July 2010
    I remember telling some of my friends in early '98 when Titanic was destroying the box office that I'd bet everything I own that it'd get re-released in early 2012 to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the sinking. So this really isn't much of a surprise. I gotta say though, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in 3D.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited July 2010
    jonoo24;3834294 said:

If not, then no. Avatar had a generic plot, but if you don't think the scenery and the visual effect with 3D were the best in a movie, then you need your head checked.
    If you think scenery and visual effects make a movie good, then you need your head checked.
  • jonoo24jonoo24 Merch-Table
    edited July 2010
    I don't. Did i ever say that? No.
    edited July 2010
    Mystlyfe77;3834347 said:
    If you think scenery and visual effects make a movie good, then you need your head checked.
    It does for some movies. Have you seen those Planet earth movies? They're pretty good.
    edited July 2010
    Mystlyfe77;3834347 said:
    Bad scenery and bad visual effects certainly don't make a movie better.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited July 2010
    Why does this film need 3-D? Really, you have the boat and the iceberg. They're relative positioning and my field of view really don’t matter, especially since I already know the boat runs into the iceberg.

Should I have put “spoilers” before that?
    edited July 2010
    Rockox;3834389 said:
    Bad scenery and bad visual effects certainly don't make a movie better.
    But they're not going to save a terrible movie, either.

At least, they shouldn't.
    edited July 2010
    killer_roach;3834401 said:
    But they're not going to save a terrible movie, either.

At least, they shouldn't.
    Very true.
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Great, I ignored this movie completely the first time around, and now I get to ignore it completely again. Woo!
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited July 2010
    I liked Titanic. There, I said it. I couldn't say exactly what, at least not without spending a few hours that I don't have thinking and researching, but something about Titanic kept it fresh and engaging throughout the entire movie.

I cannot say the same about Avatar. I tell people the punchline is that everyone knew the ending to Titanic ahead of time, and Avatar still managed to be more predictable. It didn't click, it didn't resonate, and Cameron's half-hearted attempt at a metaphor of the American military fell completely flat. Yes, the CGI was beautiful, and yes, Cameron and his team have proven we can create virtual beings that reach beyond the "uncanny valley" and look completely convincing, even when in the same frame as real human beings. But what he did with it all had even less impact than your average made-for-TV movie. Dances with Wolves told the same story better, and didn't need a lot of expensive eye candy to make its point.

As for seeing Titanic in 3D... eh. It might be cool to catch it on the big screen again, but I can take or leave any additional 3D trickery. Some movies don't need gee-whiz gimmicks to make them watchable.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2010
    "no one cares about 3D anymore"

really? the movies sure make huge bank for no one caring...