I went to Warped Tour today.

kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
edited July 2010 in Less Rokk More Talk
I did some street team stuff for Tooth and Nail Records, so I got in free and could get into the backstage areas.

I met (usually in passing) a lot of the bands who were playing, including Andrew W.K. himself (he liked my hat), a suit-clad Tyson Ritter (a suit in 96 degree weather), and quite a few of the lovely ladies playing.

I took in a lot of partial sets so I could spread my time out and see as many bands as possible. I saw...

Every Time I Die
I See Stars
Kelsey and the Chaos
The Cab
Motion City Soundtrack
Automatic Loveletter
Alkaline Trio
Suicide Silence
The Dillinger Escape Plan
New Years Day
The Rocket Summer
VersaEmerge
Eyes Set To Kill
The Pretty Reckless
The Bouncing Souls/The Exposed
Hey Monday
The All-American Rejects
Alesana
Emarosa
Sum 41
Whitechapel
Andrew WK
The Summer Set
Anarbor

Only a couple bands I wanted to see that I didn't get a chance to. Overall I don't think there was a bad performance which was something else considering how deadly hot it was out there.

While overall the lineup did not top 2009's for me personally, getting the VIP treatment really took this year's Warped over the top for me.

Comments

• Nickalos NNickalos N Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Cool, I wanna meet Tyson Ritter
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2010
    Nickalos N;3841272 said:
    Cool, I wanna meet Tyson Ritter
    At first when I saw him I was like... why is this dude in a suit?! Then I realized who it was lol
  • MrFruitLordMrFruitLord Headliner
    edited July 2010
    I have a friend who might be playing a date... and I wanted to see Dillinger... but I can't make it.

The rest of the bands are pretty bad in my opinion though...
    edited July 2010
    Dillinger didn't come off very well honestly. I was excited to see them too but their sound was kinda muddy and just sounded like a mass of noise. It might have been the outdoor tent environment though.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2010
    Riverboat Gamblers? Do they show up later in the tour? They're slated for Orlando later this month
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited July 2010
    was Andrew W.K. any good? I wanted to go see him, but i couldn't care less for any other band playing and wasn't too comfy shelling $45 just to put up with all the annoyances of Vans Warped just to see Andrew W.K.
    edited July 2010
    OH **** I FORGOT ABOUT W.K.

I feel like dying...
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited July 2010
    MrFruitLord;3841367 said:
    OH **** I FORGOT ABOUT W.K.

I feel like dying...
    then you realized you are sad about warped tour and all was well again.
    edited July 2010
    Gowienczyk;3841410 said:
    then you realized you are sad about warped tour and all was well again.
    I really wanted to see Dillinger and Andrew W.K. and the venue in my state is a great place...
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited July 2010
    kingtonyx;3841270 said:

I met (usually in passing) a lot of the bands who were playing, including Andrew W.K. himself (he liked my hat)
    I'm on the edge of my seat here! What kind of hat was it?!?! :D
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    HeyRiles;3841324 said:
    Riverboat Gamblers? Do they show up later in the tour? They're slated for Orlando later this month
    Yeah they were playing, but they were on at the same time as New Years Day who was one of the few acts I watched their full set.
    Oscar-Rio;3841355 said:
    was Andrew W.K. any good? I wanted to go see him, but i couldn't care less for any other band playing and wasn't too comfy shelling $45 just to put up with all the annoyances of Vans Warped just to see Andrew W.K.
    Andrew WK was awesome, probably the most intense show I've seen at Warped. It really wasn't that crowded either so I was able to get up pretty close even though it was halfway into the first song when I got there.
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    How were the mosh pits? :D
  • CPT BJCPT BJ Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    You saw some awesome bands.
    edited July 2010
    weeyoo;3842734 said:
    How were the mosh pits? :D
    I saw some good ones, didn't get to be in any this year though. I think Suicide Silence had the biggest one I saw.
    CPT BJ;3842769 said:
    You saw some awesome bands.
    yeah man it was awesome :D
    edited July 2010
    Videos of New Years Day, Hey Monday, and Andrew WK are uploading on my YouTube right now :)
  • n4sc4rn4sc4r Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Glad you had an awesome time! I was going to go to the Indiana date a few days ago, but I had to save up my money to help my mother buy my father Tom Petty tickets for his birthday. Those tickets are freaking pricey!
  • edited July 2010
    A bummer about DEP's performance - I've seen them a ton and they're usually amazing! though I can see how an outdoor venue could mess with their sound/style.

Fingers crossed some of us Communitrons will be at the MA date for Warped (next Tuesday) doing some interviews and maybe some hanging out...
    (No promises, but we're always scheming to get the bands you guys regularly talk about up with web content).
    edited July 2010
    Not the greatest audio on my camera, but it's probably as good as you're going to get without a pro setup...

New Years Day - "I Was Right"
    Hey Monday - "Homecoming"
    Andrew WK - "She Is Beautiful", "Party Hard"

:)
    edited July 2010
    n4sc4r;3842831 said:
    Glad you had an awesome time! I was going to go to the Indiana date a few days ago, but I had to save up my money to help my mother buy my father Tom Petty tickets for his birthday. Those tickets are freaking pricey!
    yeah, Warped has certainly gone up in price recently... :(
    HMXThrasher;3842855 said:
    A bummer about DEP's performance - I've seen them a ton and they're usually amazing! though I can see how an outdoor venue could mess with their sound/style.

Fingers crossed some of us Communitrons will be at the MA date for Warped (next Tuesday) doing some interviews and maybe some hanging out...
    (No promises, but we're always scheming to get the bands you guys regularly talk about up with web content).
    yeah I wouldn't put it on them, definitely the venue

can't wait to see what y'all have coming :) I was disappointed by no Rock Band booth this year! I thought maybe there was a small chance of some RB3 action :o haha
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I really wanted to go to the one near me on the 23rd and was supposed to but then my aunt decided that my cousin and me were gonna go up to my grandma's summer condo in north carolina for a week together. And we happen to going up there that week and I wasn't even consulted about it until like right when she was buying the plane tickets and yeah it sucks that we're going then.

anyway enough of me ranting about me not being able to go, your lucky and I really wanted to see Sum 41 especially since they're like my 2nd favorite band ever.
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    TKS;3842997 said:
    I really wanted to go to the one near me on the 23rd and was supposed to but then my aunt decided that my cousin and me were gonna go up to my grandma's summer condo in north carolina for a week together. And we happen to going up there that week and I wasn't even consulted about it until like right when she was buying the plane tickets and yeah it sucks that we're going then.

anyway enough of me ranting about me not being able to go, your lucky and I really wanted to see Sum 41 especially since they're like my 2nd favorite band ever.
    Sucks that you can't go. Sum 41 was awesome.
    edited July 2010
    ryan12147;3843061 said:
    Whitechapel :D
    the singer is tiny, lol
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    kingtonyx;3843082 said:
    the singer is tiny, lol
    hahaha I know! One of the reasons I like them so much is because such a powerful scream comes out of a body that's not even six feet in height. :p
    edited July 2010
    ryan12147;3843131 said:
    hahaha I know! One of the reasons I like them so much is because such a powerful scream comes out of a body that's not even six feet in height. :p
    hahaha right? :D