PS3 Songs for 07/13?

folkeyefolkeye Headliner
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Edit: Added songs and previews to another thread since I couldn't change the title of this one. :(

Comments

• AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    It's normally posted by now in the RBN section of the Zine
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited July 2010
    AerithLovesTifa;3841999 said:
    It's normally posted by now in the RBN section of the Zine
    I was just digging around in there and probably missed it. I saw the regular DLC announcement.

Edit: Just re-checked, still not there yet.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    folkeye;3842008 said:
    I was just digging around in there and probably missed it. I saw the regular DLC announcement.

Edit: Just re-checked, still not there yet.
    The new intern is slacking.
  • AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    <_< I just hope the wait means we're getting one of the following
    The 2 Lost songs
    Fight Back
    Higher
    Swallow the Razor
  • OmegaVitaminCOmegaVitaminC Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I hope we have another good week.
  • Dino1626Dino1626 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    AerithLovesTifa;3842027 said:
    <_< I just hope the wait means we're getting one of the following
    The 2 Lost songs
    Fight Back
    Higher
    Swallow the Razor</div>
    That is exactly what it means. ;)
    edited July 2010
    OmegaVitaminC;3842054 said:
    I hope we have another good week.
    Another good week?

Considering last week was the first week I got no RBN stuff.... :p
  • edited July 2010
    folkeye;3842094 said:
    Another good week?

Considering last week was the first week I got no RBN stuff.... :p
    You really missed out then, because 1348 is one of the most fun RB songs in ages, especially on guitar.
  • defjukiedefjukie Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Let's not forget Band of Horses now... Which everyone should buy so they port the rest of them over to PS3
    edited July 2010
    Der_Lex;3842108 said:
    You really missed out then, because 1348 is one of the most fun RB songs in ages, especially on guitar.
    I listened to all the songs. None of them appealed to me in the least. I don't buy based on charts (and I'm a rare 'guitar' player) so it being 'fun' to play but me not liking to listen doesn't make me spend money.
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    defjukie;3842112 said:
    Let's not forget Band of Horses now... Which everyone should buy so they port the rest of them over to PS3
    Agree wholeheartedly. Hopefully some more this week!
  • edited July 2010
    folkeye;3842119 said:
    I listened to all the songs. None of them appealed to me in the least. I don't buy based on charts (and I'm a rare 'guitar' player) so it being 'fun' to play but me not liking to listen doesn't make me spend money.
    Fair enough, I don't buy what I don't like to listen to either. That and it wouldn't be that exciting a song for a vocalist anyway (vocals is the only thing I don't play, so I have to admit I rarely take it into account when judging a song). As a prog fan, though, I was excited to see one of the great prog tracks RBN has to offer make it over to the PS3 (even though the game doesn't label it as such). I'm still eagerly awaiting bands like Marillion, Quartered, Freen in Green and Glass Hammer to make it over at some point. Most of the stuff that does get ported over is the stuff I'm the least interested in, hence my rather meager RBN collection so far (about 5 songs or so).
    edited July 2010
    Der_Lex;3842164 said:
    Fair enough, I don't buy what I don't like to listen to either. That and it wouldn't be that exciting a song for a vocalist anyway (vocals is the only thing I don't play, so I have to admit I rarely take it into account when judging a song). As a prog fan, though, I was excited to see one of the great prog tracks RBN has to offer make it over to the PS3 (even though the game doesn't label it as such). I'm still eagerly awaiting bands like Marillion, Quartered, Freen in Green and Glass Hammer to make it over at some point. Most of the stuff that does get ported over is the stuff I'm the least interested in, hence my rather meager RBN collection so far (about 5 songs or so).
    I do envy folks like you, Lex. To have such a broad taste in music is a gift. I'm such a nit-picky person all around (especially in music) I make my own life hard. ;)
  • edited July 2010
    folkeye;3842182 said:
    I do envy folks like you, Lex. To have such a broad taste in music is a gift. I'm such a nit-picky person all around (especially in music) I make my own life hard. ;)
    Actually I'm pretty picky: there's not that many artists that I absolutely love (and actively listen to), but there are plenty of artists that I know and like. Since most of the artists that I love tend to be a bit too obscure for RB (the current score is two in the game (Rush, Kansas, easily two of the most mainstream artists I listen to) and two in RBN (Marillion, Amberian Dawn), I've learned to be happy with artists that I like. :D
    edited July 2010
    Der_Lex;3842220 said:
    Actually I'm pretty picky: there's not that many artists that I absolutely love (and actively listen to), but there are plenty of artists that I know and like. Since most of the artists that I love tend to be a bit too obscure for RB (the current score is two in the game (Rush, Kansas, easily the two most mainstream artists I listen to) and two in RBN (Marillion, Amberian Dawn), I've learned to be happy with artists that I like. :D
    There's plenty I know and like too. RB just ain't hitting on any of them frequently enough! :p Until then I shall continue to be the glorious master of Pickyville. We parrot juggle in Pickyville, come by and visit soon, as picky as it is, it's still quite entertaining :D

On another note, still sitting tight for song announcements.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    folkeye;3842182 said:
    It's actually a bit of a curse than a gift really. People think I'm strange to be able to go from Sonic Youth to The Mountain Goats to Brad Paisley to Megadeth to Weezer to Sunn O((( to Blink 182 to The Beatles to Devo to Lady Gaga to System of a Down to of Montreal to Third Eye Blind to Nirvana, etc. without a problem.
    I also lose all of that hipster cred. ;D
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I so hope they finally announce Hyperbole, that's by far the best song I've found in RBN.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    hiimSMAP;3842240 said:
    It's actually a bit of a curse than a gift really. People think I'm strange to be able to go from Sonic Youth to The Mountain Goats to Brad Paisley to Megadeth to Weezer to Sunn O((( to Blink 182 to The Beatles to Devo to Lady Gaga to System of a Down to of Montreal to Third Eye Blind to Nirvana, etc. without a problem.
    I also lose all of that hipster cred. ;D
    Hipster cred is overrated........I bet.

I'm picky too, so I can't give good advice to anyone looking to become less picky. Maybe I should learn to juggle parrots.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Numskull;3842262 said:

I'm picky too, so I can't give good advice to anyone looking to become less picky. Maybe I should learn to juggle parrots.
    Cred really is overrated. It was kind of cool for a while but then I didn't care so I admitted to liking Blink-182 and it all went away.
    Also, juggling Parrots is a good idea.
    edited July 2010
    Numskull;3842262 said:

Yeah, it's quite the art! Having a toothbrush in one hand, a mouthfull of toothpaste and the ability to still try to scold the parrot for being an animate living being who just won't hold still is tough. Even with one hand free, that little bastard is quick and bites like a pitbull to show his displeasure of being lectured.

He does truly function as a hat, a broach AND a pterodactyl.

But he's just SOOOOOOO cute, so I can't be made too long...most the time....
    edited July 2010
    HMXThrasher just posted the next batch of PS3 RBN tracks in the Announcements section, but thanks to my two friends Copy and Paste, you don't have to go that far to find them:

"Trippolette" by Andrew Buch
    "Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over" by The Devil Wears Prada
    "Girl at the Video Gamd Store" by Parry Gripp [EDIT: I, uh, think that should be "Game"]
    "You All Everybody" by Driveshaft
    "Top Back" by Alias Unknown
    edited July 2010
    folkeye;3842278 said:
    Yeah, it's quite the art! Having a toothbrush in one hand, a mouthfull of toothpaste and the ability to still try to scold the parrot for being an animate living being who just won't hold still is tough. Even with one hand free, that little bastard is quick and bites like a pitbull to show his displeasure of being lectured.

He does truly function as a hat, a broach AND a pterodactyl.

But he's just SOOOOOOO cute, so I can't be mad too long...most of the time....

Your profile does not lie. You are weird. S'cool, though.

Now off to YouTube with you.
    edited July 2010
    Numskull;3842285 said:

Your profile does not lie. You are weird. S'cool, though.

Now off to YouTube with you.
    Yes sir!!

Oh yeah..which profile? :p
    edited July 2010
    folkeye;3842287 said:
    Yes sir!!

Oh yeah..which profile? :p
    On PSN. Did you forget what you put there?
    edited July 2010
    Numskull;3842300 said:
    On PSN. Did you forget what you put there?
    Uhhh.....yes?

Edit: AFTER Youtubing....uh...just maybe Girl at the Video Game Store.