Is Good Morning Good Morning undercharted on drums?

beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
edited April 2011 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Ive always thought of Good Morning Good Morning to be a good song on drums. After playing TB:RB i was even more convinced that Ringo was a beast. Then I really started listening to the record and realized that there is actually double bass in it. Then I heard the Anthology version where you can hear the drums alot more clearly.(Here is a link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx9kQnUccc0

I realized that a big majority of spots are undercharted on expert.

This has all probably been discussed before...but is it undercharted or am I just hearing things?

Comments

• Wave57Wave57 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I Don't know......
    But yes Ringo is a beast!
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Always sounded like double bass to me.

The Beatles experimented with basically every other combination of instrument effects, I don't see why Ringo wouldn't have tried double bass at least once.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    There is speculation as to whether or not Ringo used a double bass pedal in that song. I guess it's one of those things that Beatles fans will never know, like if Paul is dead or not :)
  • Tobz21Tobz21 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    im a drummer and would keep it to just 1 pedal but idk about ringo. i would assume he would only use 1 pedal because he only uses 1 pedal in the end. proof for this is the bass drum has the same beat as the hi-hat. you need 1 foot to keep the 2 hi-hat cymbals together so you only have 1 other foot for the bass drum. if he can comfortably use only 1 pedal for the end he'll only use 1 foot for the bass drum i would imagine.

but i would like to ask since we're on the topic, does anyone know the bass drum part through the 2nd fast beat? i've tried it heaps of times but cant work it out.
  • Purple1222119Purple1222119 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Tobz21;3850425 said:

but i would like to ask since we're on the topic, does anyone know the bass drum part through the 2nd fast beat? i've tried it heaps of times but cant work it out.
    Well for the second fast beat it's a polyrhythm. Like the first fast beat, the hi-hat plays triplet eighth notes, and the snare is on the 2nd and 4th beats. The bass drum plays straight eighth notes. This goes on for the first two measures, and then after that the bass drum plays triplet eighth notes along with the hi-hat.

Sorry if I explained it weird, or if it's too hard to understand haha. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also there is no doubt Ringo used a double bass pedal, because during the outro, there is a 32nd note bass drum roll, which is very fast. (It can be heard better in the above posted Anthology version. )
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited July 2010
    It's either a double bass or the effect was later added... but either way it wouldn't be charted.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Tobz21;3850425 said:
    im a drummer and would keep it to just 1 pedal but idk about ringo. i would assume he would only use 1 pedal because he only uses 1 pedal in the end. proof for this is the bass drum has the same beat as the hi-hat. you need 1 foot to keep the 2 hi-hat cymbals together so you only have 1 other foot for the bass drum. if he can comfortably use only 1 pedal for the end he'll only use 1 foot for the bass drum i would imagine.
    Well I can play The End easily on both the game and on real drums with one pedal, but Good Morning Good Morning is harder.
  • RockStarrRockStarr Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I always kinda thought that Paul playing a muted sound on his bass guitar could come close to the sound of a bass pedal, like in the beginning of the song (the intro), a lot of those deep percussive bass sounds are (what I believe) to be Paul's bass. So, I think both Ringo and Paul playing in the outro could sound like a double bass -- just my theory
  • BeatlesRockBand3BeatlesRockBand3 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Hey Man you have brains, i think the same!
    There's a double pedal.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited March 2011
    BeatlesRockBand3;4349063 said:
    Hey Man you have brains, i think the same!
    There's a double pedal.

Ok........

While the subject is up, it sounds like a double bass pedal, but maybe HMX felt it was too fast for an average expert player's foot to keep up with, so they chose to keep it out.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Yes there's double bass and it's undercharted. Is the answer to my knowledge.

It could also be that there is an echo effect on the drums, meaning it's overcharted at times.
  • DemonlynxxDemonlynxx Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    I have seen a number of drummers use one foot to hit two pedals at the time, perhaps he has his hi-hat and second bass pedal right next to each other for this
  • PaulMcIceteaPaulMcIcetea Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Weather its undercharted or not or if there is a double bass or not. HE ROCKS ON DRUMS ON THIS SONG. Epecialliy when he hits this througout the songhttp
    ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQ3x1Ug_G4
    0:23-0:24
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    PaulMcIcetea;4352387 said:
    Weather its undercharted or not or if there is a double bass or not. HE ROCKS ON DRUMS ON THIS SONG. Epecialliy when he hits this througout the songhttp
    ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQ3x1Ug_G4
    0:23-0:24

Alright. Yeah that is my favorite part to play in the song on drums in TBRB
  • Purple1222119Purple1222119 Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Ok, just listened to the isolated drum part from the multitracks, and there definitely is a fast bass pedal roll in the outro.