Are songs on RBN temporary offerings?

bimbim18bimbim18 Unsigned
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I was trying to buy a song I thought I bought already (Goth Girls by MC Frontalot) and cant find it in the RBN store, RB store or PSN store. Are they only available for a limited time?

Comments

  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    bimbim18;3852364 said:
    I was trying to buy a song I thought I bought already (Goth Girls by MC Frontalot) and cant find it in the RBN store, RB store or PSN store. Are they only available for a limited time?
    It's on the 360 RBN store, but not the PS3 one yet.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    No song in RB is temporary ;)
  • bimbim18bimbim18 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    damn. it was released in March. does this mean theres a possibility it wont port to PS3?

    I'm glad i didnt miss out but he's one of my favorite artists so i hope they make a PS3 version soon :(

    thanks.
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    bimbim18;3853020 said:
    damn. it was released in March. does this mean theres a possibility it wont port to PS3?
    That's a strong possibility.

    Not counting RBN launch day, there have been 313 songs released in 131 days - roughly 16 songs a week. The PS3 gets 5 RBN songs a week.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    bimbim18;3853020 said:
    damn. it was released in March. does this mean theres a possibility it wont port to PS3?

    I'm glad i didnt miss out but he's one of my favorite artists so i hope they make a PS3 version soon :(

    thanks.
    It's possible either way. There's no time limit for when a song can be ported to the PS3 (it has to be at least 30 days after the 360 release, but it's never too late), but as Coach Z pointed out, unless Sony starts letting Harmonix port songs at a much faster rate, some RBN songs will never make it over.

    Also, technically, RBN songs can be pulled from the store, but by default nothing's temporary and usually authors only pull songs when they're in quarantine if there's a mistake or bug that they catch that slipped through peer review. The only songs I know of that were once available but aren't any more (and are not currently going back through peer review) are Revengers (which got taken down for licensing reasons) and Footloose and Fancy Free (which technically never made it to the store, but had a slightly flawed version available from the marketplace at launch and to my knowledge never got resubmitted).
  • MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Quazifuji;3853535 said:
    and Footloose and Fancy Free (which technically never made it to the store, but had a slightly flawed version available from the marketplace at launch and to my knowledge never got resubmitted).
    This statement is not entirely true. The circumstances are different than as you put them. ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.