YOU decide the songs for the review group 7/14

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Here's the deal. Each friday I start a playtest/review group that agrees to do a song from each reviewer.

The goal is that each person does the song from everyone else's list to help get a group of songs through and into the store, instead of all of us just hitting songs willy nilly.

This has been pretty popular, AND it's getting the unknown bands in front of more people.

I'll post a poll that will run until Friday. One with the highest votes I'll use as my choice.

Though honestly all the songs are very solid, and any one of them would make a kick ass addition to the store(hopefully all of them will be soon, but I digress).

The poll is multiple choice btw.

Hey There Mr. Brooks by Asking Alexandria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRMH2J1ceY

Incubus by Amberian Dawn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYJ6DlYiRNw

Forgotten Tragedy by Cold Steel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWC4qce8ruc

Guitar Sound by Ronald Jenkees
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpwR8aD225I

Damnation by Warpath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCT8gvQckmU

No Mercy by Tijuana Sweetheart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=digjjjdxAJs

Plague to End All Plagues by Evile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuogUZgCdbU

Blood Red Rock by Bang Camaro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPNl35Bx7l8

Sabretooth by Stars of the Boulevard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMprwUDszQE
ignore the charts, they are from an earlier version. This is for audio only.

Strut by The Elms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6NZIIOhhOQ
The song in testing isn't live. Live was the only audio I could find.

Comments

  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2010
    Tijuana Sweetheart of course...
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Blood Red Rock
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Incubus! And Blood Red Rock.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited July 2010
    Voted for Nerf Herder in pt2 of this poll, but once again this thread is pointless, you should just quit doin these threads and just do any Amberian Dawn or Bang Camaro songs that come up.....they always win these
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Amberian dawn and Bang Camaro.
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Amberian Dawn. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like Bang Camaro.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Why is there no love for guitar sound?
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Since my weekly A City Serene vote can't be placed this week, which can only be a good thing, Cold Steel definitely gets my vote. Even as a drummer I appreciate that guitar solo :p
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    General Lein979;3854105 said:
    Why is there no love for guitar sound?
    There's no love for anything but Amberian Dawn and Band Camaro, by the way the votes always go.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    DekarTheDragoon;3854277 said:
    Since my weekly A City Serene vote can't be placed this week, which can only be a good thing, Cold Steel definitely gets my vote. Even as a drummer I appreciate that guitar solo :p


    Let's just say unfortunately it's going to be a while on this one and leave it at that.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    broncosfan06;3853594 said:
    Voted for Nerf Herder in pt2 of this poll, but once again this thread is pointless, you should just quit doin these threads and just do any Amberian Dawn or Bang Camaro songs that come up.....they always win these
    QFT. The OP says this is a way to get "unknown bands" in front of more people, but everyone knows about Bang Camaro, and by now most people who use Rock Band Network know about Amberian Dawn. I think you should stop including the more popular bands, since they will pretty much be a given. Personally, I'd love to see The Elms finally make it into Rock Band. If any band deserves to be there, they do. I voted for Strut.
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Guitar Sound, Damnation, and Sabretooth.
  • xXPM5KXxxXPM5KXx Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I voted for a few but want Asking Alexandria and Amberian Dawn the most
  • buster42buster42 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    More Bang Camaro hell yeah.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Incubus and Blood Red Rock.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2010
    Please, try your best to get "Incubus" by Amberian Dawn reviewed and approved.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Amberian Dawn and Bang Camaro ARE unknown bands!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    NoThru22;3856922 said:
    Amberian Dawn and Bang Camaro ARE unknown bands!


    Yeah I know.

    Sure we know them, but if you go to 100 people out on the street...heck even 1000, I bet you'd be hard pressed to find even one or two people that know who they are.

    On the other side Incubus SHOULD pass this go around, and I did cycle in five entirely new songs this week.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    noble;3856946 said:
    Yeah I know.

    Sure we know them, but if you go to 100 people out on the street...heck even 1000, I bet you'd be hard pressed to find even one or two people that know who they are.

    On the other side Incubus SHOULD pass this go around, and I did cycle in five entirely new songs this week.
    The problem, though, is that if you play Rock Band, chances are you know who Bang Camaro is. And if you use Rock Band Network, chances are by now, you know who Amberian Dawn is. Those 100 people out on the street you ask about these bands probably don't even play Rock Band (as not everyone does, of course). But by posting these bands on the Rock Band message boards, you're not introducing new bands to people, you're showing them off to people who already play Rock Band, and to Rock Band players who care enough to join and post on the Rock Band message boards. The reason why Bang Camaro and Amberian Dawn consistently win is because people here know about them and want to see more music from them. The lesser known bands don't stand a chance of going through if Amberian Dawn or Bang Camaro show up on the list. (Which is not horrible, considering I love Amberian Dawn and Bang Camaro. But bands like The Elms, Day of Fire, and other lesser known bands that show up in the survey I'd love to see make it into the RBN, as well.)
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited July 2010
    I think Noble's point is they are still a lesser known indie band. He's trying to avoid putting the bands the general public knows in the poll. An example for songs that are already in RBN: Higher by Creed, the Third Eye Blind songs, Paralyzer by Finger Eleven, etc.

    Of course, where we draw the line for indie bands is hard. Yes, Bang Camaro is known by the RB population in general. Amberian Dawn has become popular with RBN users. Fine. But how do we judge an indie band is "too popular" for this poll?

    And, FWIW, I bet I could go up to some of the casual Rock Band players I know, ask them what they think of Bang Camaro, and most likely they would say "Who's that?" until I tell them that they're the band who made Pleasure (Pleasure) on RB1 and Night Lies on RB2. These same casual players also likely do NOT know who Amberian Dawn is, because they find RBN intimidating and less interesting, because there's tons of music, mostly by bands they may not know.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    jeccaneko;3857867 said:
    I think Noble's point is they are still a lesser known indie band. He's trying to avoid putting the bands the general public knows in the poll. An example for songs that are already in RBN: Higher by Creed, the Third Eye Blind songs, Paralyzer by Finger Eleven, etc.

    Of course, where we draw the line for indie bands is hard. Yes, Bang Camaro is known by the RB population in general. Amberian Dawn has become popular with RBN users. Fine. But how do we judge an indie band is "too popular" for this poll?

    And, FWIW, I bet I could go up to some of the casual Rock Band players I know, ask them what they think of Bang Camaro, and most likely they would say "Who's that?" until I tell them that they're the band who made Pleasure (Pleasure) on RB1 and Night Lies on RB2. These same casual players also likely do NOT know who Amberian Dawn is, because they find RBN intimidating and less interesting, because there's tons of music, mostly by bands they may not know.
    This is true, of course. But again, he's posting here on the Rock Band boards, where people know about Bang Camaro and Amberian Dawn. Your friends who are intimidated by RBN won't learn about Bang Camaro and Amberian Dawn anyway because they don't use it in the first place. And it doesn't change the fact that any band in the same poll with those two bands don't stand a chance because those bands will win. People on these boards, at least, know these bands.

    Now again, I love these two bands, myself, and would love to see more material released through Rock Band Network. But by this point, it almost seems a given now that any songs that show up for peer review by Bang Camaro and Amberian Dawn should just go ahead and be reviewed.
Sign In or Register to comment.