why are there more creators from xbox than ps3?

timkhimtimkhim Unsigned
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
sorry, i own a ps3 but there are hardly any good RBN songs coming from the ps3 creators. i just wish there was more haha.

Comments

• Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited July 2010
    The PS3 doesn't have creators. They get hand me downs from the 360.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    More detailed explanation:

Unfortunately, due to a variety of reasons beyond Harmonix's control (mostly involving Microsoft helping Harmonix use the XNA infrastructure to build RBN), the full RBN creator setup only exists on the 360. Harmonix is porting songs to the PS3, but due to the way Sony has things set up, they can only port 5 songs a week.

Hopefully, Harmonix will at least be able to come to an arrangement with Sony (and maybe even Nintendo, eventually) to transfer more songs at a time if they can't get a full creator's infrastructure set up (which seems unlikely), but right now you just have to deal with the limited selection the PS3 gets.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Quazifuji;3854754 said:

Hopefully, Harmonix will at least be able to come to an arrangement with Sony (and maybe even Nintendo, eventually) to transfer more songs at a time if they can't get a full creator's infrastructure set up (which seems unlikely), but right now you just have to deal with the limited selection the PS3 gets.
    Too add to that, Harmonix has stated that the PS3 will be getiing some improvement to RBN with the release of Rock Band 3, though the extent of that is unknown. However, if Valve is bringing Steam to the PS3, I am optimistic for RBN