RBN track is #1 best seller released this week (over regular DLC)

kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
RBN track "The Final Episode (Let's Change The Channel)" by Asking Alexandria was the #1 best selling track released within the past week!

This is the first time that an RBN track has done this. Congrats to everyone involved!

Comments

• XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Final Episode outsold Ride? That's fundamentally insane. What are the numbers?
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2010
    Xenigma;3869503 said:
    Final Episode outsold Ride? That's fundamentally insane. What are the numbers?
    687 to 650 on Xbox

nevermind about the combined numbers though, PS3 is much higher than last time I looked
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    kingtonyx;3869523 said:
    687 to 650 on Xbox

nevermind about the combined numbers though, PS3 is much higher than last time I looked
    Wait how do you know PS3 numbers? Where is this info?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2010
    dady5000;3869562 said:
    Wait how do you know PS3 numbers? Where is this info?
    Keldon? RockBandScores?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3869314 said:
    Thanks, The Vines, for being that Australianly indie!
    Hey, as an Aussie, I take offense to that. :p
    Nothing wrong with The Vines. Would've liked "Get Free" as well.
    Would've much preferred The Living End or The Presets though!

But, an RBN song ONLY available on the 360 outselling The Vines?
    I guess it's possible.
  • MoshcoreMoshcore Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Im an aussie to much rather asking alexandria cant wait till it gets to ps3 has to if this is the case cheers for the post:D.
  • xXPM5KXxxXPM5KXx Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Im a fan of The Vines, but I absolutely loved the Asking Alexandria track :D All 6 songs got my purchase though :)
  • MaghookMaghook Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3869314 said:
    Thanks, The Vines, for being that Australianly indie!
    In Australia, The Vines are about as indie as Killing Heidi. This probably doesn't make sense to non-Aussies... but they basically both became famous by being heavily advertised as the next greatest thing. They weren't and never will be. :D
  • TheRazorsEdgeTheRazorsEdge Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    kingtonyx;3869311 said:
    RBN track "The Final Episode (Let's Change The Channel)" by Asking Alexandria was the #1 best selling track released within the past week!

This is the first time that an RBN track has done this. Congrats to everyone involved!
    Awesome, love AA.

Hopefully, this leads to more tracks from that album.
  • milkandcookiesmilkandcookies Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Graffin;3869652 said:
    Would've liked "Get Free" as well.
    Good news for you then, Get Free will be on the RB3 disc.
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    TheRazorsEdge;3869888 said:
    Awesome, love AA.

Hopefully, this leads to more tracks from that album.
    Not sure if you know this but, A Prophecy and Hey There Mr. Brooks are also coming to RBN, their in the process now. I post all day on Twitter trying to get some reviews, hopefully they pass real soon. Asking Alexandria is awesome!
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Crazy. Just got the tracks yesterday
    edited July 2010
    ForToday777;3869925 said:
    Not sure if you know this but, A Prophecy and Hey There Mr. Brooks are also coming to RBN, their in the process now. I post all day on Twitter trying to get some reviews, hopefully they pass real soon. Asking Alexandria is awesome!
    Sweet, didn't know that man - thanks. Both of those songs will be great additions to RBN. *fingers crossed they pass soon*

Yes indeed, they are killer!
    edited July 2010
    TheRazorsEdge;3870198 said:
    Both of those songs will be great additions to RBN. *fingers crossed they pass soon*

Yes indeed, they are killer!
    I'm counting down until I can play them haha. Supposedly they are recording a new CD very soon, so I hope they'll release some more with the new CD.
  • RedIon1992RedIon1992 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Did this include pack sales for the Vines?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Maghook;3869797 said:
    In Australia, The Vines are about as indie as Killing Heidi. This probably doesn't make sense to non-Aussies...
    My knowledge of Australian music consists of AC/DC, Men at Work, and The Wiggles.
    edited July 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3873402 said:
    My knowledge of Australian music consists of AC/DC, Men at Work, and The Wiggles.
    Parkway Drive are Australian as well.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3873402 said:
    Don't forget Wolfmother, INXS, Air Supply, Jet, Rick Springfield, or Airbourne.
    edited July 2010
    TheRazorsEdge;3876945 said:
    Parkway Drive are Australian as well.
    Another band that would be awesome for RBN! I prefer there older CD though, with Idols and Anchors and Carrion.
  • Givem2meGivem2me Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I'm a little worried about the numbers, honestly. 800 tracks translates to less than $500 to be split between the label, the artist, and the charting studio. And then groups have 4 or 5 members. And that's a record. There is little financial reason to get music in RBN with these numbers. Hopefully we are moving in the right direction.
  • Metal_Freak219Metal_Freak219 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I bought the 'AA' song today, and I was not really happy with it to be fair, I bought like 6 tracks from the Metal section and the 'AA' track was the second worst I played from the ones I bought. (The worst being a track from XXT or something, I can't remember the name). But like, I see 'AA's song is more Emo than Metal.
  • Blood RapterBlood Rapter Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Asking Alexandria is one ****ing amazing band their whole cd except for hiatus (techno of course) should get on there soo many people i know including me its their fave band and they never ****ing get old either. Final Episodes one of my least listened 2 by them lol and emos cant sound as brutal
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Givem2me;3878702 said:
    I'm a little worried about the numbers, honestly. 800 tracks translates to less than $500 to be split between the label, the artist, and the charting studio. And then groups have 4 or 5 members. And that's a record. There is little financial reason to get music in RBN with these numbers. Hopefully we are moving in the right direction.
    Thats probably the reason why these EMI songs fail to show up again. But still, this is only the first week, these are not reliable numbers and, very important, RBN hasn't really hit the other two platforms (Wii/PS3) yet. While the 5 songs cap on PS3 is something RB3 won't be able to change at least Wii owners will be able to download (OK, DLC doesn't really make a big impact on Wii).

RB3 will (hopefully) also boost sales once it's available. And being able to play the RBN songs in other modes than Quickplay will certainly help...
    edited July 2010
    axelkothe;3880206 said:
    Thats probably the reason why these EMI songs fail to show up again. But still, this is only the first week, these are not reliable numbers and, very important, RBN hasn't really hit the other two platforms (Wii/PS3) yet. While the 5 songs cap on PS3 is something RB3 won't be able to change at least Wii owners will be able to download (OK, DLC doesn't really make a big impact on Wii).

RB3 will (hopefully) also boost sales once it's available. And being able to play the RBN songs in other modes than Quickplay will certainly help...
    But then you get bands like Attack Attack! and Drowning Pool who have sold 8,000 and 20 some thousand respectively, that's alot of money for one song. So EMI should have no problem especially with larger artists.
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    So Bodies made about USD 6000... thats still peanuts for bigger labels, the lawyers alone to make the contracts probably cost more ;)

Also you have to get your song released on PS3 to reach these numbers. Sth. you don't really have any influence on (a well known song/artist will help of course)
    edited July 2010
    ForToday777;3877216 said:
    Another band that would be awesome for RBN! I prefer there older CD though, with Idols and Anchors and Carrion.
    Yeah man, their older stuff is great .... but as long as they make it to RBN, I'll be happy.
  • DarkEternal37DarkEternal37 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I'm pumped to see that Asking Alexandria is selling so well. Bodes well for PS3 getting it quickly. I love Stand Up and Scream as a whole and wouldn't mind seeing the entire thing make it's way onto RBN. The Final Episode was my favorite song out of the 3 currently announced but I'd love to see Not the American Average and I Was Once Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps a Cowboy King get on there too.
    edited July 2010
    DarkEternal37;3883886 said:
    I'm pumped to see that Asking Alexandria is selling so well. Bodes well for PS3 getting it quickly. I love Stand Up and Scream as a whole and wouldn't mind seeing the entire thing make it's way onto RBN. The Final Episode was my favorite song out of the 3 currently announced but I'd love to see Not the American Average and I Was Once Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps a Cowboy King get on there too.
    Hell yeah, that entire album is excellent.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Asking Alexandria are the most cliche band ever using their stupid techno bits.. it ruins every single one of the songs. Band sucks.
    edited July 2010
    siee;3890890 said:
    Asking Alexandria are the most cliche band ever using their stupid techno bits.. it ruins every single one of the songs. Band sucks.
    But, they must be better than the Vines, because they outsold them :)