The all things Heavy Metal Beats thread

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Since we've changed our name (to avoid being pigenholed into one genre), this thread has outlived its usefulness.

You can check out the new thread here :
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199125

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    ForToday777;3875296 said:
    Noble, you just made my morning Sebastian Bach and Protest the Hero. I would love Heretics and Killers by Protest the Hero, and any chance of Skid Row? Also did you get a response from those record companies Tragic Hero and Facedown?

Got in contact with both of them, but we're still in the very very very early talks phase. Skid row is a little sketchy. Sebastian doesn't really have the rights to the stuff at this point.
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    If Facedown comes to RBN, I'd go crazy. I love almost every band on their label, (especially For Today...my username comes from) their all really talented but each band is unique.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    since there's prong is there any chance of seeing

snap your fingers snap your neck?

will we be seeing hope for the dying? I saw them live and it was awesome
    edited July 2010
    I know Vagrant already has songs on RBN but I still haven't seen Alexisonfire, any chance of bringing them to RBN. I know they had a track on GH, but I doubt they're exclusive and they're highly requested.

EDIT: Congrats Noble on the 5000th post
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    noble;3875263 said:
    We've initially got two tracks lined up from them.

Bloodmeat is the first one. If things go well the band plans on bringing a lot more, including the full album they are now working on for a 2011 release.
    NAH-NAH-NA-NAH-NA-NA-NAAAAAAAHAHHRHGHGHGHGHG.

This is me screaming the intro. I'll play it 9423094832048 times when it gets to PS3.. hope they sell well :p
    edited July 2010
    exploder;3875407 said:
    since there's prong is there any chance of seeing

snap your fingers snap your neck?

Unfortunately the band doesn't have rights to the early stuff.

Our hope is if these sell well, we can make a case to the rights owner about adding some early tracks.
    edited July 2010
    ForToday777;3875415 said:
    I know Vagrant already has songs on RBN but I still haven't seen Alexisonfire, any chance of bringing them to RBN. I know they had a track on GH, but I doubt they're exclusive and they're highly requested.

EDIT: Congrats Noble on the 5000th post

I'm already in contact with Vagrant about some of the other bands. I'll talk to them about Alexisonfire while I'm at it ;)

And 5000...huh.

You'd think with as many different threads as I man, and the length of time I'd been here, it'd be higher than that by now. :p
    edited July 2010
    noble;3875431 said:
    I'm already in contact with Vagrant about some of the other bands. I'll talk to them about Alexisonfire while I'm at it ;)

And 5000...huh.

You'd think with as many different threads as I man, and the length of time I'd been here, it'd be higher than that by now. :p
    Sounds good and yeah you have created a bunch it would seem to be higher. One last band I got...As I Lay Dying on Metalblade, they're one of their biggest artists really thought they would've been on RBN by now. Any chance of getting them?
    edited July 2010
    Already in talks with Metalblade about As I lay Dying ;)
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    YES!!! Proest The Hero!!! OMG Noble i will love you forev.....
    noble;3875263 said:
    Bloodmeat.

No. NO!!!! COME ON!!! Its a great song and all, but REPEATREPEATREPEAT!!!

P.S. If the second song isnt Limb From Limb, i will rip you limb from limb.
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    noble;3875467 said:
    Already in talks with Metalblade about As I lay Dying ;)
    FINALY! Took long enough to get them involved. (Better be The Sound Of Truth) Grab some Austrian Death Machine while your at it.
    edited July 2010
    moomandww;3875470 said:
    YES!!! Proest The Hero!!! OMG Noble i will love you forev.....

No. NO!!!! COME ON!!! Its a great song and all, but REPEATREPEATREPEAT!!!

P.S. If the second song isnt Limb From Limb, i will rip you limb from limb.

The band and I figured that we'd use Bloodmeat for the people that don't know who the band is, but might be familiar with GH.

They'll have one of those, OH that band moments, and might be more inclined to pick up future tracks.

The band is picking the second track, and they are VERY into getting their stuff onto RBN.

If the tracks do well they plan on bringing over a ton (if not all) of their stuff.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    can you contact whatever label has iced earth?
  • sneakypandasneakypanda Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Protest the Hero? You're an amazing person! I'd cry if anything from Kezia got on here
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Protest the Hero... The fact that Guitar hero has them makes me want to download the DLC, I have been patiently waiting for them on rock band, thank you Noble

Oh, anychance you could try and contact Three Days Grace? I love them, but haven't heard a word on anything about them with Rock Band or RBN
    edited July 2010
    Chopper13;3875706 said:
    Protest the Hero... The fact that Guitar hero has them makes me want to download the DLC, I have been patiently waiting for them on rock band, thank you Noble

While I do listen to all styles and genres of music hard rock/metal/industrial is closest to my heart.

So expect to see a lot of bands in this style coming from us.
  • Blackjack041277Blackjack041277 Der Lindwurm
    edited July 2010
    I'm curious about what KMFDM songs these might be now that we already have two. And hoping that not as much of the music gets lost in translation as with JJJ.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Impressive artist list- Hope this is a sign that there is more PtH to come for both franchises!
  • edited July 2010
    Hey Noble, I was wondering if it would be ok to contact you once my band starts recording, we are pretty close to that point and all 7 members play Rock Band on a regular basis and being able to play out own songs would be awesome, our band is called Razor Shark in case you were wondering.
    edited July 2010
    Pescaran Death Machine;3875834 said:
    Hey Noble, I was wondering if it would be ok to contact you once my band starts recording, we are pretty close to that point and all 7 members play Rock Band on a regular basis and being able to play out own songs would be awesome, our band is called Razor Shark in case you were wondering.

Sure. Once you get up and rolling and get some masters you can contact me at [EMAIL="nlarimer@gmail.com"]nlarimer@gmail.com[/EMAIL] and we'll see what we can do for you.
  • Blackjack041277Blackjack041277 Der Lindwurm
    edited July 2010
    noble;3875811 said:
    While I can't announce any specific songs at this juncture, KMFDM is bringing quite a lot of music to the service. Theres a mix of the old classic mega hits, and new material from the next batch.
    In that case I'll just hope that means there'll be some songs along the lines of Godlike, Virus, More & Faster, and Money. :D Also keep that kind of forgotten MDFMK album in mind, a lot of those songs like Rabble Rouser and Torpedoes would lend themselves really well to RB, I think.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I guess others have said it, but I can't help but join in. I hope your team puts Protest the Hero at the tippity-tip top of the list. "Bloodmeat" is going to be incredible, and I'm hoping the unannounced track is either "Sequoia Throne" or "Heretics and Killers" or "Bury the Hatchet". Or any of them, really.
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I knew when you finally announced what you were working on that there would be some awesome stuff, but you completely blew away my expectations. Very much looking forward to buying most/all of that :p
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Wow, Protest the Hero! My best friend is gonna love this.
  • Bob McGintyBob McGinty Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Add another person to the list who's excited about Protest the Hero! Hopefully the many positive responses here will translate into high sales and, eventually, in to as much of their music as possible in the game (Turn Soonest to the Sea please).
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited July 2010
    Can you say if there are anymore tracks off of NIHIL as far as KMFDM go because that is one of my favorite albums?

Also you should contact Kirtland Records and get the Toadies on RBN!
  • ButterflyEdgeButterflyEdge Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    noble;3875482 said:
    The band and I figured that we'd use Bloodmeat for the people that don't know who the band is, but might be familiar with GH.

They'll have one of those, OH that band moments, and might be more inclined to pick up future tracks.

The band is picking the second track, and they are VERY into getting their stuff onto RBN.

If the tracks do well they plan on bringing over a ton (if not all) of their stuff.
    I can't tell you how much this post has made my day! You're a legend! :D
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Its awesome to know that PTH is taking part in this! :D

I really hope to see them release "Turn Soonest to the Sea". Thats gotta be my favorite song by them.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Transbrak;3876232 said:
    Also you should contact Kirtland Records and get the Toadies on RBN!
    I wouldn't set your hopes too high on this one.
    edited July 2010
    FairwoodStudios;3876355 said:
    I wouldn't set your hopes too high on this one.

Already been down that path I take it?
This discussion has been closed.