85% On All Guitar Solos On Expert

Tobz21Tobz21 Rising Star
edited September 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
hi ppl. i've been struggling for a while now with this achievement. i've just got a hard day's night and taxman left to pass.

does anyone have any tips for these songs?
does anyone know if the 85 is counted towards the achivement if you manage it in practice mode? (this would save me playing the first half of each of the songs a lot of times lol)

thanks

Comments

• JR48fanJR48fan Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    It doesn't count in practice, but I would say that practice might help you here. I got it 6 months ago, so yeah.
  • Tobz21Tobz21 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    JR48fan;3883612 said:
    It doesn't count in practice, but I would say that practice might help you here. I got it 6 months ago, so yeah.
    lol fair enough. dissapointing but nvm.

and lol gj getting it 6 months ago. guitar's my worst instrument so i may never get it lol.
  • JR48fanJR48fan Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Why does every one like "lol"s on here? "Lol" isn't a real word!
    edited July 2010
    JR48fan;3883621 said:
    Why does every one like "lol"s on here? "Lol" isn't a real word!
    lol!!!!!!!
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    If you have the Rock Band guitar (which I got to replace my dying GH:WT one) then this achievement is relatively easy. You can play the solos on the solo buttons without strumming.

If not, then random flailing and overstrumming is the way forward. You don't have to get a multiplier, any 85% will do.
  • KallenSKallenS Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Taxman was the only solo that I struggled with, and let me just say, don't be afraid to oversstrum. That's the thought I had in my head when I got more than 85% for the first time.
  • imadorkimadork Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Turn on no fail mode. When you get to the solo, use the solo buttons and just keep mashing like you're doing a big rock ending. Should hit over 90%.
  • BubbleBobbleBubbleBobble Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    are you guys saying that for the complete solo, you don't have to strum even once if you use the solo buttons?

that doesn't make any sense with respect to a real guitar
  • RockStarrRockStarr Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I just had my brother do it for me lol
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2010
    BubbleBobble;3883976 said:
    are you guys saying that for the complete solo, you don't have to strum even once if you use the solo buttons?

If you tap the strings hard enough, they'll still make a sound without strumming. I don't think any of the Beatles songs do that (it's mostly used for fast solos), but there are quite a few keyboard parts charted to guitar, so I guess that counts.
  • KallenSKallenS Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    BubbleBobble;3883976 said:

That's mot what I meant, scince I never use the solo buttons. All I said was that you should not be afraid to overstrum a little. But don't overdo it. Oh, and training mode is your best friend too.
  • TheBeatleTheBeatle Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    taxman:
    beggining(the red) press the red note and strum non stop then, Press fast, and non stop all the bottons individually and strum (no fail mode).
    Or you can use the solo bottons and press fast individuall.

A hard day's night:
    use 3 fingers(index finger,middle finger,ring finger) on the hard parts and then after doing the yellow, blue, orange part, slide the bottons with the finger pressed on the orage...

That's how I did it, I hope you got me :P
  • BlueJayGuyBlueJayGuy Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I always do 100% in A Hard Day's Night.... lulz.

It's easy.

Just let your fingers do the same rythm you do when you tap a table. It's very easy.
  • 0v3rdr1v30v3rdr1v3 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Turn on superspeed if you haven't. It really does help a lot, especially on solos.

A hard day's night is not hard at all. If you're having trouble with the 3 sets of ascending triplets (Y B O Y B O Y B O), just hold down yellow for that entire phrase while you play the Blue and Orange.

Taxman's a little trickier. There's really no tips on how to do it... you'll just have to go into practice mode and start from scratch. Start at 70% speed, then move up as you feel more comfortable.
  • carlos67carlos67 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I only need A Hard Day's Night and Taxman and the others have achieved
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2010
    carlos67;3994308 said:
    I only need A Hard Day's Night and Taxman and the others have achieved
    Those 2 took me the longest. I've had it since release day, and just got it during a RB party 2 weeks ago.
  • Cap'n CullenCap'n Cullen Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I don't think I had trouble with these songs. It was Can't Buy Me Love that always got me.
  • MaRkiSHMaRkiSH Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    I think Taxman took me the longest, took me maybe 2 or 3 tries to get the Hard Day's Night one. Just do it over and over again, that's my only advice. That's how I got the Taxman one, took me like 10(?) tries if memory serves.

It's a shame you have to play the start of the song and can't skip to the solos.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Practice your first 3 fingers going 2321. Try to anchor 2 and 1.
    edited September 2010
    im nearly there on tax. 84 3 times in a row but it's just getting me more frustrated unsurprisingly lol.
    edited September 2010
    Tough to be so close.

With no fail on. Go crazy with both hands on the solo buttons (assuming you have a RB guitar.) You should get about 87%+ then
  • XxjorgexXXxjorgexX Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    tobz
    for taxman struum really fast in the fast part. trust me it works
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2010
    XxjorgexX;4010661 said:
    tobz
    for taxman struum really fast in the fast part. trust me it works
    That part I could hit no problem, it was the sweeps that I'd miss just 1-2 too many of the HOPOs.

Different folks have different issues.
    edited September 2010
    i should add I GOT TAX!!!! LOL

after getting about 10 80s-84s i got it!

although this is probably in vain because i'm unlikely ever to get hdn lol.

and jorge since when did you join rb.com lol.
    edited September 2010
    Good to hear it. Join the group who've gotten it sir!

Yeah, it's a pain, but crazy strumming and thrashing your fingers around does the trick.

Now, may I suggest Caprici Di Diablo?
  • softguitar60softguitar60 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Tobz, I've just got the accomplishment two days ago, with AHDN being the last.

One tip for AHDN: when you come to the hammer-onns/pull-offs, just strum on the first yellow button (with index finger on yellow) and then try to move your first three fingers for the rest of the hopos. DON'T STRUM ON THE HOPOS. Just let your fingers do the work. I got 89% out of it. Good luck!
  • edited September 2010
    If you are willing to sacrifice a little pride, playing it on Hard works just fine, those are the same two I had trouble with everything else didn't take me more than twice to do, Hard Days Night came to me after a while Taxman I had to drop to Hard.
    edited September 2010
    lolwut

i thought it had to be on expert hence the achievement saying, "Get 85% Or More On All Guitar Solos On Expert"

am i wrong?
  • softguitar60softguitar60 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    You're right, Tobz. To get the accomplishment, you'll have to go on expert... I don't think 'Hard' works for it.