Everyone, try and e-mail bands about RBN! Another Reboot......

Comments

  • ShadoeeShadoee Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to try and contact Sky Eats Airplane, but what exactly do I say?

    Ask them if they are interested in getting their music into Rock Band?
  • cwade729cwade729 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Shadoee;3895588 said:
    I'm going to try and contact Sky Eats Airplane, but what exactly do I say?

    Ask them if they are interested in getting their music into Rock Band?
    There are a couple templates here
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    bwschulze;3895459 said:
    i contacted Solution .45, the new band of Christian Alvestam (former lead singer of Scar Symmetry). I hope they respond.


    ****, Scar Symmetry broke up?

    BAH!
  • bwschulzebwschulze Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    noble;3895647 said:
    ****, Scar Symmetry broke up?

    BAH!
    Only the lead singer left. The funny thing is it took 2 guys to replace him. :) That's how awesome Christian is. The harsh vocalist is fine, but the clean singer just doesn't fit.
  • Clamorous360Clamorous360 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Hey folks!
    I got to talk to Johnny Whitney on twitter, the singer for The Blood Brothers, Jaguar Love, and Neon Blonde. I told him all about RBN and its advantages for lending his music. He seemed very interested in this but said he has no control. Very sad about this but please mark the three bands listed as RED

    EDIT: Contacting The Number 12 Looks like you, A Day of Violence, and Fox Force Five(usa)
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    You can add Mychildren Mybride to the yellow, I sent them a tweet about getting into Rock Band, and they said they were already working on it :)
  • chico76chico76 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I sent a message to Mark Bryan's page on Facebook; he's the guitarist for Hootie & the Blowfish. I got a reply saying "great idea!" and the email of someone closer to the band's management. I sent that email over the weekend (July 25).

    So nothing in terms of "news" yet, but at least the seed was planted.

    Thanks!
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I'm contacting weird al
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Clamorous360;3896306 said:
    Hey folks!
    I got to talk to Johnny Whitney on twitter, the singer for The Blood Brothers, Jaguar Love, and Neon Blonde. I told him all about RBN and its advantages for lending his music. He seemed very interested in this but said he has no control. Very sad about this but please mark the three bands listed as RED

    EDIT: Contacting The Number 12 Looks like you, A Day of Violence, and Fox Force Five(usa)
    If he has no control, I'd think that would just be gray, since it's still possible that whoever does have control would be interested. (Or we could have some new color mean "Does not have the rights to put their own songs in, so don't bother contacting them but don't lose all hope, and maybe contact their record label if you really want them.")
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    Quazifuji;3897802 said:
    If he has no control, I'd think that would just be gray, since it's still possible that whoever does have control would be interested. (Or we could have some new color mean "Does not have the rights to put their own songs in, so don't bother contacting them but don't lose all hope, and maybe contact their record label if you really want them.")


    This is correct.

    Just because the singer doesn't have rights doesn't mean another member of the band, or the label would be against putting the songs into the game.

    All about contacting the correct rights holders.
  • cwade729cwade729 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Update: July 29th

    The Blood Brothers
    Jaguar Love
    Neon Blonde
    A Day of Violence
    Fox Force Five
    Mychildren Mybride
    Hootie and the Blowfish
    Johnny Whitney
    Fat Possum Records

    I'm leaving Johnny Whitney's bands in gray for now, but if anything changes, I'll update when I can. For all intents and purposes, I will add Johnny Whitney in yellow
  • Clamorous360Clamorous360 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Quazifuji;3897802 said:
    If he has no control, I'd think that would just be gray, since it's still possible that whoever does have control would be interested. (Or we could have some new color mean "Does not have the rights to put their own songs in, so don't bother contacting them but don't lose all hope, and maybe contact their record label if you really want them.")
    OK, i'll contact Fat Possum Records!

    BTW, A Day of Violence is very interested.
  • powertpowert Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I was bored today, so I decided to email a bunch of bands. I sent messages to:

    Seasons After
    Gin Blossoms
    12 Stones
    Tonic
    Everclear
    Five For Fighting
    Flotsam and Jetsam
    Spread Eagle
    It's Alive
    Melissa Etheridge

    I'll let you know if I hear anything back
  • DeviateRogueDeviateRogue Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    how does one find a bands emails?

    Also if anyone has heard of Sky Eats Airplane, they're very interested in having their songs in the game. If anyone has a way to contact Equal Vision Records let me know, or do so yourself. Thanks :)
  • cwade729cwade729 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Update: July 30th:

    Tonic
    Everclear
    Five For Fighting
    Flotsam and Jetsam
    Spread Eagle
    It's Alive
    Melissa Etheridge
    how does one find a bands emails?

    Also if anyone has heard of Sky Eats Airplane, they're very interested in having their songs in the game. If anyone has a way to contact Equal Vision Records let me know, or do so yourself. Thanks
    To find a band's email, look for the Contact tab on their website. If it's not on their official site, check Myspace or Facebook.

    Also, Equal Vision has a contact tab on the bottom of their page that allows you to send an email from there.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I know there are a lot of Progressive metal fans:
    The genre would be great for RB. One of the major label of the entire Europe is InsideOut music and they have ALL he great prog bands (Frost*, Pain of Salvation, Symphony X, Redemption, Neal Morse etc.). I've sent info about Rock Band Network from here http://www.insideout.de/catalog/kontakt.php?osCsid=20e59aa46a96fa1efc433a458694e724

    If you want to do it too It would be appreciated a lot. :p
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    You can add Ahimsa Sunrise to confirmed, they have songs coming to RBN. Everyone should check them out, if you like the bands in my signature. http://www.myspace.com/ahimsasunrise
    Here's their single "Save It" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88zlfdr_4Oo

    I also contacted:
    3 Days Grace
    Puddle of Mudd
    Sevendust
    Live
    Quiet Riot
    Of Mice and Men
    Casino Madrid
    Bury Tomorrow
    Haste the Day
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    DeviateRogue;3900820 said:
    how does one find a bands emails?

    Also if anyone has heard of Sky Eats Airplane, they're very interested in having their songs in the game. If anyone has a way to contact Equal Vision Records let me know, or do so yourself. Thanks :)
    I tried to get We Came as Romans, Equal Visions responded we are very thrilled about bringing more music to RBN. A very label like answer no specifics on who they intend on bringing.
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Oh, oh, oh. Change Wolfblur to green 'cuz I think I have like...every song by him ever. xD
  • cwade729cwade729 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Mucho Update 8/2/10

    Ahimsa Sunrise
    3 Days Grace
    Sevendust
    Live
    Quiet Riot
    Casino Madrid
    Bury Tomorrow
    Haste the Day
    Equal Vision Records
    Wolfblur
    Maximo Park
    Local H
    Poets of the Fall
    Grand Magus
    Pagan Altar
    Chicago is Burning

    After taking a look at the massive amount of bands contacted and responses, I'm very happy about the support of the Network. However, when 2.0 comes out soon....this thing is hopefully gonna take off :D
  • Border WalkerBorder Walker Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Emailed Poets of the Fall's Promo/PR person. Here's hoping.
  • LightningBoltLightningBolt Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Alright, so I tried to contact Grand Magus (a recent heavy metal/doom metal band). At least I think I did. I don't send emails all that often.

    EDIT: And I also went for Pagan Altar.
  • woodwindpizzawoodwindpizza Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Just contacted the band Chicago is Burning. Will have a "yes", "interested", or "no" answer very soon. They're nu-metal and indie, so I'm thinking they'll be interested.
  • cwade729cwade729 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Wow today was an amazingly busy day of updates, but it is all worth it. Very awesome to see the fans go balls out to get their favorites in the Network. Good job gang, hope to see more days like this : )
  • woodwindpizzawoodwindpizza Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    cwade729;3907095 said:
    Wow today was an amazingly busy day of updates, but it is all worth it. Very awesome to see the fans go balls out to get their favorites in the Network. Good job gang, hope to see more days like this : )
    Today was one of the first times I've contacted a band about RBN. I'm now committing to contact 5 bands every week. I know it's not too much, but any effort can help. :)
  • cwade729cwade729 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    woodwindpizza;3907117 said:
    Today was one of the first times I've contacted a band about RBN. I'm now committing to contact 5 bands every week. I know it's not too much, but any effort can help. :)
    I've only contacted 4 bands in the past, and I think I contacted 4 or 5 today. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, RBN 2.0 will attract the big names
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    cwade729;3906032 said:
    Equal Vision Records
    After taking a look at the massive amount of bands contacted and responses, I'm very happy about the support of the Network. However, when 2.0 comes out soon....this thing is hopefully gonna take off :D
    Equal Visions has Chiodos in the process so you can put Equal Visions as Cyan (as well as Metalblade, Century Media, Victory and Vagrant are all unmarked and can be cyan, not being picky just helping out :)) since they have songs in RBN. Also I agree I hope that 2.0 catches on, I want more songs !! I think that with 2.0 and the help of RB3, RBN is going to get much bigger.
  • woodwindpizzawoodwindpizza Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    cwade729;3907122 said:
    I've only contacted 4 bands in the past, and I think I contacted 4 or 5 today. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, RBN 2.0 will attract the big names
    Thanks for mentioning RBN 2.0! I think I'll wait and contact bands after RB3 comes out so we can have keyboards, harmonies, and maybe pro instrument charting. :cool:
  • cwade729cwade729 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    ForToday777;3907131 said:
    Equal Visions has Chiodos in the process so you can put Equal Visions as Cyan (as well as Metalblade, Century Media, Victory and Vagrant are all unmarked and can be cyan, not being picky just helping out :)) since they have songs in RBN. Also I agree I hope that 2.0 catches on, I want more songs !! I think that with 2.0 and the help of RB3, RBN is going to get much bigger.
    Made the changes, but I'm leaving Equal Vision in green until the song has passed PT and PR and is in the store.

    EDIT: Since RBN 2.0 is likely gonna have keyboards, I've held off contacting bands that use a lot of keyboards. Basically all the bands I've contacted do not have keyboards
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    When did Less Than Jake go green?
Sign In or Register to comment.