Anyone want to do Year Zero?

BulldogsaysgrrBulldogsaysgrr Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Ever since the RBN came out, I've been hoping that someone would want to do the entire Year Zero album (sans Capital G of course), but I've never seen any talk about it. The stems of the song are easy to find, they're included on the second disc of "Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D". I know many of the songs would be a great addition into Rock Band, including Survivalism. If we can't do Year Zero for some reason, such as Interscope denying us the chance, The Slip could work as well, seeing as Trent personally released it.

I would have tried to work on this myself, but I'm not in a position to be shelling out the money required to join the XNA Creator Club.

Comments

  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    First, do you have the proper permissions/documentations?

    Second, do you have the required stems (multi-tracks, you can't use stereo mix such as an mp3)?

    If you answered no to either of these, then it's not happening.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Well you can't do songs for RBN just because you have the masters. You have to acquire the rights to publish the song and as far as I know, Trent said he doesn't want to put any more music in Rock Band.
  • JoshuaB81285JoshuaB81285 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Kariodude;3889591 said:
    Well you can't do songs for RBN just because you have the masters. You have to acquire the rights to publish the song and as far as I know, Trent said he doesn't want to put any more music in Rock Band.
    Awwww....I was not aware of this. NIN is my favorite band...maybe he's just holding out on allowing more NIN until RB3 drops, since keys are a heavy part of NIN music. I can dream, right?
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited July 2010
    You can do whatever you want in Audition Mode though!
  • BulldogsaysgrrBulldogsaysgrr Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    @TheOzone I can contact the respective owners later on tonight, and get back to you guys on that.

    Also, the stems I spoke of are not stereo .mp3 mixes, but the full multitrack, which is what we need.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2010
    You can do anything you want in Audition Mode, but you'll need a premium XNA account and it's really tedious if you're going to switch songs a lot.
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited July 2010
    JoshuaB81285;3889599 said:
    Awwww....I was not aware of this. NIN is my favorite band...maybe he's just holding out on allowing more NIN until RB3 drops, since keys are a heavy part of NIN music. I can dream, right?
    It's not that he doesn't want anymore music in RB, he loves RB. He just doesn't want to chart the crap himself. I mean, Wish is on GHWOR. He's not saying no, he's just saying that he doesn't want to do it himself.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    Bulldogsaysgrr;3891981 said:
    @TheOzone I can contact the respective owners later on tonight, and get back to you guys on that.

    Also, the stems I spoke of are not stereo .mp3 mixes, but the full multitrack, which is what we need.


    How did you get the multitrack stems from Trent but don't have permission?

    I'm very confused.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    noble;3892219 said:
    How did you get the multitrack stems from Trent but don't have permission?

    I'm very confused.
    Bulldogsaysgrr;3889576 said:
    The stems of the song are easy to find, they're included on the second disc of "Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D"..
    There you go.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    TubaDude49;3892229 said:
    There you go.


    Ah.

    Well without permission then there's no way he can go forward.


    I reallly like how he thinks he'll just contact them tonight and get permission.

    Ah, kids :)
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited July 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3891984 said:
    You can do anything you want in Audition Mode, but you'll need a premium XNA account and it's really tedious if you're going to switch songs a lot.
    no premium XNA account needed- I should know since I don't have one.
  • BulldogsaysgrrBulldogsaysgrr Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    noble;3892277 said:


    I reallly like how he thinks he'll just contact them tonight and get permission.

    I never said I expected it, just that I would ask for it. I'm still waiting on a response from WMG. Trent is a little more difficult to contact though.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Bulldogsaysgrr;3895230 said:
    I never said I expected it, just that I would ask for it. I'm still waiting on a response from WMG. Trent is a little more difficult to contact though.
    WMG will not let their music on RBN. At all.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    Considering that Trent was on Interscope which is an offshoot of Universal for Year Zero, I think he might be barking up the wrong tree.
  • BulldogsaysgrrBulldogsaysgrr Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    noble;3895669 said:
    Considering that Trent was on Interscope which is an offshoot of Universal for Year Zero, I think he might be barking up the wrong tree.
    noble;3895669 said:
    an offshoot of Universal
    noble;3895669 said:
    Universal
    FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU. Gotta send a new email it seems. At least knowing WMG, I doubt they'll look at it.

    Also, feel free to laugh. Damn music companies HAVE to have similar looking names that you can confuse from a simple glance at a page....
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    Hey don't sweat it, there's so many companies and so many offshoots of companies that it's hard to keep them straight.

    Good luck though.

    Despite my cynacism I would welcome more NIN to the game. I just know how the bigger companies tend to react when it comes to RBN.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2010
    Actually as far as I know Trent Reznor didn't want to put any more songs on RB because he felt he had already put his most difficult songs up. Then when he saw YouTube vids of people nailing them he figured there was no point.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    kingtonyx;3896377 said:
    Actually as far as I know Trent Reznor didn't want to put any more songs on RB because he felt he had already put his most difficult songs up. Then when he saw YouTube vids of people nailing them he figured there was no point.


    Yeah I've heard that too.

    The light at the end of the tunnel might be someone explaining to him that RBN could be seen more as an iTunes where fans of his music could purchase and play his entire discography. Not because they want something that is OMG hard, but because they enjoy NIN and want to interact with it on a more personal level deeper than just listening to them.

    And before anyone asks, yes that is exactly how I've been hooking so many bands into signing up lately ;)

    And believe me if I could find contact for Trent himself(and not some faceless record exec), I'd be pitching it to him in a heartbeat.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Universal won't be that hard, they have several artists on RB already, as well as a couple on the RBN
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2010
    toymachineSH;3892331 said:
    no premium XNA account needed- I should know since I don't have one.
    For serious? When I registered the first time around, it wouldn't let me even use Audition until I applied the trial code.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    LoopyChew;3896858 said:
    For serious? When I registered the first time around, it wouldn't let me even use Audition until I applied the trial code.
    Apparently, you can use a trial account for Audition Mode, but you need a Premium account to submit tracks on the Creators site.

    - m
  • I_Use_ShamwowsI_Use_Shamwows Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Just do "The Good Soldier" and we'll be fine.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    kingtonyx;3896377 said:
    Actually as far as I know Trent Reznor didn't want to put any more songs on RB because he felt he had already put his most difficult songs up. Then when he saw YouTube vids of people nailing them he figured there was no point.
    Yet, that didn't stop him from giving Wish to GH.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2010
    sonicnerd23;3897262 said:
    Yet, that didn't stop him from giving Wish to GH.
    *The label
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2010
    Markleford;3897212 said:
    Apparently, you can use a trial account for Audition Mode, but you need a Premium account to submit tracks on the Creators site.

    - m
    I'm just wondering how long toymachineSH has been using trial accounts. Not that I've tried audition mode since my trial account expired.
  • BulldogsaysgrrBulldogsaysgrr Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Just an update, UMG hasn't gotten back yet. I will tell you guys if they say anything.
Sign In or Register to comment.