Rock Blog Monday 07/23/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
What did you do this weekend? I finished Harry Potter and got a bunch of my tattoo colored in. In a strange intertwining of experiences I was actually reading Harry Potter while getting tattooed. It's easier than you think. I'll post some pictures on my Wednesday blog when the tattoo looks a little less...you know...gross. What did you all do? Anybody have any awesome tattoos?

So Harmonix had a very small scale (in regards to distance not the overall process which was very large scale and special thanks go out to all the hardworking HMX employees who facilitated it) move over the weekend. Our windows are now a touch closer to the windows of another game developer, Demiurge (who we are tight with going way back), who awesomely greeted us with -

as we strode in this morning. Which made us feel quite welcome in the ensuing craziness.

As for blogs... well there aren't any other than what you are reading in this post due to moving-related awesomosity. Blogs should pick up quickly again tomorrow and continue well into to the foreseeable future. Thanks for bearing with us!

UPDATE- I just realized I used "awesome" or variants thereof WAY too many times in this post. I apologize. Awesome. CRAP!

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    What games has Demiurge worked on? and what kind of amazing tattoo does the hmxsean have?

I think i'll get one eventually........maybe of 311. I'm hardcore like that
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Another Week Down And One Starting , Yet RockBand Seems So Far Away .
  • tf5_bassisttf5_bassist Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    hah, seriously. my brother-in-law and I are on the verge of freezing ourselves until November.

But then we couldn't play Rocks The 80s in the meantime.

My weekend consisted of beating my high score on "Less Talk, More Rokk", and hitting the driving range. How exciting. :D
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Sounds like a great weeked Sean. Good to hear everyone had a good weekend, and HMX's move went well.

I also finished Harry Potter this weekend. It was very intense I could not put it down, I read it all of Sunday, and I really enjoyed it, but I'm a little depressed that it is going to be the last book. I hope JK Rowling changes her mind and makes some more, maybe going into greater detail the lives of some of the characters, maybe what took place before and after these 7 books.

Anyways, no tatoos here, but I'll be looking forward to wednesday when we get to see how yours turned out!
    Hopefully my Guitar Hero 80s shows up this week, along with my free Guitar Hero shirt, so I can rock out the rest of the summer, which will kill time until Rock Band comes out!
  • Emo_ReaperEmo_Reaper Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    My weekend consisted of my brother kicking wholes in the ceiling,having a bonfire that we werent supposed to have,and going to a LaserQuest lockin(and coming in first place every game except once(because they messed up =[)) and coming out 5th out of 432 people at my LQ center =] That was a funny drawing. :P
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Awesome (see what I did there?), thanks for the update Sean. So HMX got some nicer digs over the weekend? You welcome (assuming my continued flow of cash to you all helped a little).

I went float tripping this weekend, such a blast. I tried to wear a fake tattoo, but apparently river water wipes those things right off. But I drank plenty of beer...in a canoe. F-U-N-FUN.
  • NorrenRaddNorrenRadd Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    I too finished Harry Potter and laughed my arse off when the word "B!TCH" appeared. Good stuff.

Edit: Awesome story.
  • edited July 2007
    Eman311;21078 said:
    What games has Demiurge worked on?
    Check their website!
  • edited July 2007
    KR Party! Nice!!

Both of my bands played an all-day show at the Webster in Hartford on Saturday and WISHED I was in a chair at the tattoo shop, it was more painful!! Load-in @ 1pm, show stared @ 3:30, my first band played @ 5, second band I'm in @9....lotta sitting around!

Sunday was absolutely nothing day, although I did find out that Bang Camaro is playing in Hartford next weekend.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited July 2007
    Hm...I thought today was the 23rd.
    edited July 2007
    Magnet;21159 said:
    Hm...I thought today was the 23rd.
    hah. so it is. :D
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited July 2007
    I wish I could read Harry Potter too. But I just can't. Rowling has made the wrong pairings Canon. It's so wrong, I can't stand this... why... :( :( :(

wrong, wrong, wrong.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Coldplayer;21213 said:
    I wish I could read Harry Potter too. But I just can't. Rowling has made the wrong pairings Canon. It's so wrong, I can't stand this... why... :( :( :(

wrong, wrong, wrong.
    What do you mean?
    NorrenRadd;21141 said:
    I too finished Harry Potter and laughed my arse off when the word "B!TCH" appeared. Good stuff.

Hah me too! I said to myself that I won't see the 7th movie unless that exact line is in it!
  • edited July 2007
    hmxsean;21055 said:
    UPDATE- I just realized I used "awesome" or variants thereof WAY too many times in this post. I apologize. Awesome. CRAP!
    Yes. Come over to the awesome side... It's awesome.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited July 2007
    ThePaska;21229 said:
    What do you mean?
    !
    Well, it's pretty obvious that Harry and Hermione don't end up together. (as they should be) There will be other pairings.
    I mean, when I read Harry Potter, I'd like to feel like Harry Potter. But if I would be Harry Potter, I would fall for Hermione. Definitely. Emma Watson is just too sweet. :D

Anyway, now I can't get into the whole Harry Potter story, because I don't like the story. I mean, I like the characters and the setting, but...

well, I guess you get the point by now.
  • dieseldiesel Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    :mad: i work for norfolk southern railroad, and was stuck in a loud, dirty verry old locomotive all day.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;21146 said:
    Check their website!
    Thats a pretty diverse range of games. sweet to have them as neighbors :D
    edited July 2007
    man you people are making me nervous...I'm a notoriously slow reader and have a long way to go...the second I see an HP reference I scroll my window down as fast as possible to avoid anything...I mean, we all know to mark spoilers right?

I know, I know...I should just get off the internet...but what the hell else am I gonna do at work?

Work, perhaps? Ugh...
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    NorrenRadd;21141 said:

lol. Damn that was funny! Really REALLY awesome book! Although I have to agree with whoever said it earlier that I'm really gonna miss these books :(
    Oh well, here's to the next great thing... ROCK BAND! :D
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I noticed you change the date to be correct. LOL
  • edited July 2007
    Ha, yeah, I'm bad at dates. Stupid international standard Gregorian Calendar.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;21791 said:
    Ha, yeah, I'm bad at dates. Stupid international standard Gregorian Calendar.
    That's generally why I like to stick with the ever popular mayan calendar.

It's 34.12.77.23.179 today! Or is that my ip address...
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;21792 said:
    That's generally why I like to stick with the ever popular mayan calendar.

It's 34.12.77.23.179 today! Or is that my ip address...
    *writes number down* :D
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Emo_Reaper;21114 said:
    My weekend consisted of my brother kicking wholes in the ceiling,having a bonfire that we werent supposed to have,and going to a LaserQuest lockin(and coming in first place every game except once(because they messed up =[)) and coming out 5th out of 432 people at my LQ center =] That was a funny drawing. :P

YES! I used to be a LQ junkie. Fond memories of Valentines Day Massacre are flowing back now...

Congrats on the new location. I hope there were/will be festivities to properly break it in(?) Have the neigbors complained of the noise yet?:p And alas and alack, no tattoo para mi.
  • NorrenRaddNorrenRadd Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    TheTogfather;21696 said:
    man you people are making me nervous...I'm a notoriously slow reader and have a long way to go...the second I see an HP reference I scroll my window down as fast as possible to avoid anything...I mean, we all know to mark spoilers right?

I know, I know...I should just get off the internet...but what the hell else am I gonna do at work?

Work, perhaps? Ugh...
    I suggest getting off the internet or stick only to sites where content can't be posted by random users. Book 6 got ruined for me because I wasn't smart and couldn't stay away. I read 700 pages on Sunday so that I could feel free to read the net.

If not, good luck.

Alternatively... you could try reading at work =D
    edited July 2007
    NorrenRadd;21837 said:
    Oh, if only my boss weren't a hoverer. Maybe I have some illness coming on....*cough, cough*
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    NorrenRadd;21837 said:
    I suggest getting off the internet or stick only to sites where content can't be posted by random users. Book 6 got ruined for me because I wasn't smart and couldn't stay away. I read 700 pages on Sunday so that I could feel free to read the net.

If not, good luck.

lol, I did the EXACT same thing. My eyes still hurt from all that reading...
    edited July 2007
    thank god my wife's done with the book already, now I can start. and she'll quit gloating about people dying. (She's obsessed with Draco. *shudders*)

I think someone should make a soundclip like the Team America theme song, but Rock Band instead.

"Rock Band, f*ck yeah! November needs to hurry so we can motherf*ckin' rock yeah!"

Okay, maybe I should get back to work as well. :/