ps3 can't preview RBN songs??????

wwejeffhardy619wwejeffhardy619 Unsigned
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
why can't ps3 users preview rbn songs? all we have is the option to purchase. xbox 360 can preview them and try them out but ps3 can't :( itmakes it really hard to buy songs if you don't know them. which is what rbn was about. getting us to discover new bands. if we don't know the song we have to chance the 0.99 or 1.99 and hope its worth it.

Comments

• LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    If you don't know the song you go on Youtube and you listen to it. There are always previews of song and charts made by authors..
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    All the songs on the website have a sample button; example.
    It's the blue button that says "Listen To Song"
  • drag_racerdrag_racer Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure if you are talking about the audio preview or the chart preview or both, but I have the audio preview on my ps3 just like the regular store
  • wwejeffhardy619wwejeffhardy619 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    i am talking about both but i don't even have the audio option preview.
  • ContrerasSnakeContrerasSnake Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    wwejeffhardy619;3894419 said:
    i am talking about both but i don't even have the audio option preview.
    Same here.
  • jaygradyjaygrady Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    drag_racer;3894361 said:
    but I have the audio preview on my ps3 just like the regular store
    you're one of the few. I don't:(
    edited July 2010
    this is just all confusing. I HOPE SOMEONE FROM HMX SEES THIS!
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited July 2010
    LunaticSoul;3894357 said:
    If you don't know the song you go on Youtube and you listen to it. There are always previews of song and charts made by authors..
    We shouldn't have to do that though, it's out of the way.
    wwejeffhardy619;3895799 said:
    this is just all confusing. I HOPE SOMEONE FROM HMX SEES THIS!
    Yeah, this problem has been around for a while, and we already have a thread for this problem.
    edited July 2010
    Soratar;3896496 said:
    We shouldn't have to do that though, it's out of the way.

Yeah, this problem has been around for a while, and we already have a thread for this problem.
    but the fact is that HMX won't do anything about it. they keep saying that they are working on it. the last response from HMX was over 2 months ago and they said they would have it fixed next week. which was 2 months ago. so i don't know why they keep saying that.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited July 2010
    I have a feeling that they are too busy with RB3 to deal with this problem. So, I'm expecting the problem to be fixed on RB3 (and fixed sometime after for RB2).
    edited July 2010
    i wouldn't count on it.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Like mentioned earlier, Tubadude let you know there's a 'listen' button on the song page on the Rock Band Music area, and there are many people posting videos on youtube that you can use for reference if you're looking for something to weigh in on your buying decisions. I've got a thread full of links to drum chart videos, Noble - if I recall - was working on a thread with a complete listing of full band videos. Simply searching youtube for the tag "RBN" and the name of the song will pretty much get you what you're looking for.

If nothing else, we'll just toss this in that pile of 'things we expect fixed in RB3'.
    edited July 2010
    weirdphil;3899055 said:
    Like mentioned earlier, Tubadude let you know there's a 'listen' button on the song page on the Rock Band Music area, and there are many people posting videos on youtube that you can use for reference if you're looking for something to weigh in on your buying decisions. I've got a thread full of links to drum chart videos, Noble - if I recall - was working on a thread with a complete listing of full band videos. Simply searching youtube for the tag "RBN" and the name of the song will pretty much get you what you're looking for.

If nothing else, we'll just toss this in that pile of 'things we expect fixed in RB3'.
    but thats out of our way. we shouldn't have to do that.
  • jdbrashjdbrash Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    any hope in this being fixed yet? preview hasn't worked in rb2 or 3 for me.
    edited March 2011
    PS3 isn't ever getting the audition mode. Not until Sony gets their rear in gear and... Nope, they're too busy trying to sue Geohot with their 15 California lawyers. Just search the RBN forums and you'll find at least 25 threads that all explain why this isn't happening. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, it's just the miserable truth we've come to accept.
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    That's useful, shame that audition mode and song previews are completely different things ;)

I assume the problem comes from the way authors choose where the preview is and it not being compliant with the PSN metadata. Is odd though as you seem to get previews when scrolling through song list and I'd assume it was the same stuff :S
    edited April 2011
    My bad. I don't know why I got the two mixed up. So we're in RB3 now and the song previews still don't work on PS3 yet?
  • libregkdlibregkd Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    weirdphil;4355511 said:
    PS3 isn't ever getting the audition mode. Not until Sony gets their rear in gear and... Nope, they're too busy trying to sue Geohot with their 15 California lawyers. Just search the RBN forums and you'll find at least 25 threads that all explain why this isn't happening. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, it's just the miserable truth we've come to accept.
    Yes because Sony's legal team and its Network Development team are composed of the exact same people.
    My bad. I don't know why I got the two mixed up. So we're in RB3 now and the song previews still don't work on PS3 yet?
    See its odd, most PS3 users don't have these previews, but there are a minor few who do.
  • LoranthalasLoranthalas Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    The RBN previews on PS3 do work!
    You just have to set the parental control settings on your PS3 to 'off' (it is actually set to 9 of 11 by default).
    Here's another thread about it: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221547

It is that simple and it really works. It just took about nine months to discover it...
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2011
    We kind of figured that out months after this thread died down.
  • ilspb84ilspb84 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Wow I was just about to post a thread about this. There needs to be a sticky thread saying you need to turn your parental controls off to view RBN songs.