Fix the servers please

ImpuLse8818ImpuLse8818 Unsigned
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
everytime i try to go to the network i get disconnected. says i've been disconnected from xbox live. it's a joke because the normal store works fine. So (i'm gunna get hated for this) but stop hosting on the EA servers they ain't worth the hardware thats inside.

also when i do get into the network store why does it take so long to get back to the menus to actually play them. it's a joke tbh

Comments

• Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited July 2010
    I hear you. I completely stopped caring about RBN after the second time it happened. I hate how EA is with their servers. After BF 1943 got screwed over by I should expect it but...
  • FatPants77FatPants77 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    I'm hoping that they revamp the entire RBN when RB3 comes out. The connections issues are just the beginning for me. The issue that upsets me the most is scrolling from song to song when you have previews already downloaded -- the delay that happens each time you scroll to the next song drives me crazy.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I would honestly check the RBN a lot more if it weren't for the hassle of getting in and out.

Getting in can take a while, which is somewhat understandable, because you've got to load a lot of stuff! I don't know why it blatantly lies to me and says I've been disconnected from Xbox Live, even though I'm still in a party over... Xbox Live.

However, there must be some code at work when you leave the RBN store that interferes with the main menu loading. It's faster to go to the dashboard, then reload the game versus actually waiting.
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Weird. I used to have that problem too, but after I got rid of the Music Store Data file for RB2, it now works perfectly fine (within reason, it still takes an ungodly long time to load song previews and all that). In particular, the time lag after quitting the store has been removed almost completely (about the same now as with the regular store).

So, no, it likely is nothing to do with the servers themselves.
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I don't have these problems (apart from the preview thing, but this is kinda understandable since I got a LOT of previews on my hdd)
  • LogicBombLogicBomb Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    I get a lot of problems even scrolling through some of the submenus, so I've generally given up on the ingame store and use a combination of error420, youtube and the xboxlive web marketplace. Works for me.
  • MooTrainMooTrain Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Agreed. I don't have the disconnect issue, but in general it takes way too long to get in and out of the RBN music store.

Also - on a similar subject - song demos. I realize they rigged the RB2 engine to make them work and they are cool additions, but if I queue up 10+ demos, once I decide to buy one I have to go back to the store, and it can take 3-5 minutes to play the next demo, by which point I've decided to not play demos anymore.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    HMX does not use EA servers.
  • ImpuLse8818ImpuLse8818 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3897266 said:
    HMX does not use EA servers.
    if thats the case then why the hell is it so slow to get onto the Network when the normal music store works fine

and were is your source that they don't use EA servers
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    LogicBomb;3896473 said:
    I get a lot of problems even scrolling through some of the submenus, so I've generally given up on the ingame store and use a combination of error420, youtube and the xboxlive web marketplace. Works for me.
    Error420 is definitely a good source for anyone who has trouble browsing the store. It updates with new songs as soon as they hit the marketplace and has links to the song pages as soon as they appear. You can listen to samples at the song pages and, if you're over 18 (or your XBL account says you are, at least), you can buy songs online from the marketplace instead of the in-game store.
    MooTrain;3896564 said:
    Agreed. I don't have the disconnect issue, but in general it takes way too long to get in and out of the RBN music store.

Also - on a similar subject - song demos. I realize they rigged the RB2 engine to make them work and they are cool additions, but if I queue up 10+ demos, once I decide to buy one I have to go back to the store, and it can take 3-5 minutes to play the next demo, by which point I've decided to not play demos anymore.
    You can buy a song from the pause menu while playing the demo or from the screen that appears at the end of the demo. It'll still kick you back to the start screen, but it's faster than going all the way back into the store to buy it.
    ImpuLse8818;3897357 said:
    if thats the case then why the hell is it so slow to get onto the Network when the normal music store works fine
    This argument doesn't make any sense. If they used EA servers, then both the regular store and the RBN store would be on EA servers, and they'd both have the same problem. I doubt they host the RBN store on EA servers and the regular store somewhere completely different, because that wouldn't make any sense.

I don't know why the RBN store has so many more problems than the regular store, and maybe if they do use EA servers that explains the problems that appear in both stores, but I'm pretty sure EA servers have nothing to do with the RBN store being worse than the normal one.